PDA

View Full Version : Mares Nemo sport computer

pigman
08-13-2009, 11:13
I am looking for a backup for my dive computer. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this model.

TJDiver
09-17-2009, 11:54
After seeing the deal on ST's front page, I was also thinking of ordering one for a backup. Anybody have any yays or nays on it?

FoxHound
09-17-2009, 15:50
Just with the mares computers in general, they are a bit on the conservative side but i use the nemo wide and love it. Shouldnt have any problems with it besides possibly having it go into deco on repetitive dives if you have a more liberal computer as your main.

TJDiver
09-18-2009, 09:08
Thanks FoxHound. My main is a Galileo Sol, but I'm not sure how it compares with the Nemo as far as being more or less conservative. I'm a pretty conservative diver, so I might go with the Nemo as a backup. I noticed there are a few others in that price range on ST right now. Any take on them compared to the Nemo?

In that price category, we have the Nemo...Aeris XR1...Oceanic Veo...Oceanic Geo...out of those, what would others here pick for their backup?

Draq
09-18-2009, 12:30
TJDiver:
I would get something with an algorithm that is at least close to your Uwatec, or more liberal, lest you end up with a backup that locks out on you when it thinks you missed a deco stop because your main computer said you were still within the NDL.

I know the Aeris and Oceanics are more liberal than your Sol, and the Nemo is probably somewht more conservative, but I am not sure by how much. If you employ the conservative setting on the Oceanic/Aeris it might get closer to your Sol.

Actually, if you go to this link, it has some charts showing some comparisons between differnt computer brands, whcih may help choose.

http://www.scubadiving.com/files/_attachments/Dive_computer_profile.pdf

bobby_hirst
09-23-2009, 08:16
Was thinking of getting this computer for my main computer, seeing as I don't have one and I just got nitrox certified. Good deal for $225?

FoxHound
09-23-2009, 19:58
nothing wrong with a mares nemo for a main, i use the wide version for a main, i have an oceanic veo180 as my backup. really like both computers, they have both served me well.

also make good bottom timers in guage mode.

TJDiver
09-24-2009, 08:06
TJDiver:
I would get something with an algorithm that is at least close to your Uwatec, or more liberal, lest you end up with a backup that locks out on you when it thinks you missed a deco stop because your main computer said you were still within the NDL.

I know the Aeris and Oceanics are more liberal than your Sol, and the Nemo is probably somewht more conservative, but I am not sure by how much. If you employ the conservative setting on the Oceanic/Aeris it might get closer to your Sol.

Actually, if you go to this link, it has some charts showing some comparisons between differnt computer brands, whcih may help choose.

http://www.scubadiving.com/files/_attachments/Dive_computer_profile.pdf

Thanks, Drag...that helps.