PDA

View Full Version : "Michael Vick apologizes and says he found Jesus"

Splitlip
08-27-2007, 17:26
Where I wonder? Perhaps Jesus was at the bottom of a bucket of water after he pulled a dead dog's head from it?
Hey maybe he can find Waldo and win one of my snorkel keepers! Ya think? Maybe he is a diver and he can find Nemo?

I think what he really said was "They found out I torture animals. Man, am I sorry I got caught. Jesus, this could ruin my career!"

Vercingetorix
08-27-2007, 17:28
He found Jesus? Well, then it's Ok then...NOT

Jail time you piece of [gross and disgusting expletive deleted]

No Misses
08-27-2007, 17:29
Now this would not have gotten him in trouble.

mike_s
08-27-2007, 17:39
Now this would not have gotten him in trouble.

only problem with that pic is that Vic's not in the jersey.

PlatypusMan
08-27-2007, 17:42
How much of his signing bonus will he have to return to the team because he's unable to play, I wonder.

mike_s
08-27-2007, 17:44
How much of his signing bonus will he have to return to the team because he's unable to play, I wonder.

The NFL has suspended him without pay.

porsche060
08-27-2007, 17:48
Let's forgive and forget :-)

Queen
08-27-2007, 19:02
Many years ago when I was working in law enforcement I saw so many nasty felons "find jesus" that as a joke one day I put a cell assignment tag on the board that said "Christ, J.". When asked what that was about I said all the prisoners seem to be finding him, I figure he's back there somewhere. The Capt. didn't think it was funny. :smiley36:

Vick is no different than any other POS violent felon.

georoc01
08-27-2007, 19:27

$22mil is what Atlanta is asking for. its why they can't release him outright until its resolved.

Zenagirl
08-27-2007, 21:06
Did anyone else find it amusing that Paris Hilton also found JC when she was thrown in jail?? Mike Tyson also found JC when he got in deep trouble one time.

Do I sense a trend? What a joke! Bottom line is that all of these people are spoiled brats who think they are above the law because they are special. Unfortunately what we see is a total lack of character and in Vick's case, a proven and admitted liar...why would I believe anything that comes out of his mouth?

In Judge Marilyn Milian's famous words, "I wouldn't believe him if his tongue came notarized."

MEL-DC Diver
08-27-2007, 21:15
Sad days for us Hokies. Marcus imploded first, now Mike. Unbelievable. So much talent wasted.

Capt Hook
08-27-2007, 22:10
Let's forgive and forget - YEA RIGHT!

scuba Widow
08-27-2007, 22:22
As a animal lover, what he did is inhumane and should be dealt with to the fullest extent of the law....but as pointed out in other post if you are famous and have money the extent is only as long as it takes for you to write the check and say Amen....

dmdoss
08-27-2007, 22:24
They need to keep him in a doggy kennel while in prison.

Osprey
08-27-2007, 22:35
I can't BELIEVE people think he should be pardoned. It's hard enough trying to convince people pitbulls aren't horrible without morons like vick running around, splashing them all over the tv. He needs to serve his full sentence, WITH OUT PAY, serve as every other prisoner in there. Let him be an example to the other dog fighters, we will not criminal acts!

the gooch
08-28-2007, 06:46
He should not be allowed back in to the NFL. That guy is a big time POS.

porsche060
08-28-2007, 06:59

$22mil is what Atlanta is asking for. its why they can't release him outright until its resolved.

Legally this isn't possible. They renamed most of it a roster bonus to avoid the salary cap. Atlanta can only get a pro-rated portion of the signing bonus which is 3 mil

TAH 73
08-28-2007, 07:36
I saw on a local news show that the local humane society now has a ton of Vick jersey's for animal bedding now.

porsche060
08-28-2007, 08:16
I saw on a local news show that the local humane society now has a ton of Vick jersey's for animal bedding now.

If people start donating, perhaps some good will come from Vick. The Humane Society (not PETA) is a place where everyone should consider offering stuff to every so often.

loudgonzo
08-28-2007, 08:27
I don't know if you guys listen to Randy Galloway on ESPN radio, but yesterday afternoon said he had a list of things Vick should have done in court:

1-say he found JC.......check
2-apologize to the kids .......check
3-make a significant $ contribution to peta......failed
4-shed a tear........failed

and i can't remember a few other things, but it was pretty funny

Disneymom
08-28-2007, 08:31
yeah, right. what a cop-out. I'm sure he's hoping Jesus will save his career.

georoc01
08-28-2007, 08:33
Did anyone else find it amusing that Paris Hilton also found JC when she was thrown in jail?? Mike Tyson also found JC when he got in deep trouble one time.

Do I sense a trend? What a joke! Bottom line is that all of these people are spoiled brats who think they are above the law because they are special. Unfortunately what we see is a total lack of character and in Vick's case, a proven and admitted liar...why would I believe anything that comes out of his mouth?

In Judge Marilyn Milian's famous words, "I wouldn't believe him if his tongue came notarized."

Actually I think Tyson found Mohamed and became a Muslim. I remember when Holyfield fought him (Holyfield a born again christian who has revival tents the night before his fights), would refer to him as the heathen in his post fight interviews.

deepdiver47
08-28-2007, 08:35
this guy comes out and falls on his sword after he says he never actually betted or killed any animals (O.J isms). Yea right, his handlers got a hold of him and scripted this message. The thing that will make me ill is if those bleeding heart liberal judges will toss him a bone (pun intended). Take him and Pacman Jones and throw them both under the bus.

greyzen
08-28-2007, 08:41
geo - yeah Tyson is Muslim now.

IN regards to the issue, dogfighting is cruel and illegal for a reason.
I do believe he should be punished... but I hate it when people say
"Oh my god, that guy has 30million dollars... they should take it!"
That isn't fair...

If some guy making 50,000 a year gets nailed for dogfighting... he should have the same book thrown at him. Being rich doesn't make you above the law, but it also shouldn't make you a larger target either.

Charlotte Smith
08-28-2007, 09:00
The problem with all of these people is that unless they are being truthfull deep in their hearts that Jesus DID NOT find them! Vic deserves everything he gets!

mwhities
08-28-2007, 09:10
Maybe he should have to fight fighting dog(s) that equal to his weight in a closed ring.

No weapons, just man versus beast(s).

Michael

Disneymom
08-28-2007, 09:25
Maybe he should have to fight fighting dog(s) that equal to his weight in a closed ring.

MichaelThat thought crossed my mind - I don't think it's a bad idea.

dallasdivergirl
08-28-2007, 10:23
roll him in raw hamburger first.

MichaelThat thought crossed my mind - I don't think it's a bad idea.

greyzen
08-28-2007, 10:25
roll him in raw hamburger first.

Man, this is sad...

I forgot to eat breakfast this morning, so I was all "mmmm hamburger..."

Harshal
08-28-2007, 10:33

Legally this isn't possible. They renamed most of it a roster bonus to avoid the salary cap. Atlanta can only get a pro-rated portion of the signing bonus which is 3 mil

Original Poster is correct they are asking for 22 mil, there is some regulation with NFL that player should be associated with gambling business.
So basically they are asking for all they paid him.

scubasamurai
08-28-2007, 19:34
hey the rule still applies, you can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can take the ghetto out of the man. when i was in virginia this guy and his brother gave everybody a hard time, he is just trouble and to say he is sorry. i am sure there are plently of dog corpses planted around virginia with his hand in it.
simple way to solve this ban him from football for life, like they did pete rose for baseball. see how many nfl players shape up after that. no hall of fame no million dollar games nothing, see what happens.

plot
08-28-2007, 21:02
if 100 million was on the line, i'd find jesus too

quarrydiver
08-28-2007, 21:20
the sad reality is that when if he serves his time, he'll probably write a book and make an assload of money. the rest of us would come out of jail with no job and no money.

Osprey
08-28-2007, 21:45
Quarrydiver, you're so right.. anyone famous somehow comes out richer and better recognized after jail, don't they?

jsmharley
08-28-2007, 21:59
Not to downgrade this by any means, because i do not condone what he has done, but why just him? Why not go after all the so called role models like this. Look how many "Pro" athletes get let off cocaine charges, DUI's, assault and batteries. I mean these are crimes that are just as bad as Vick's and I believe deserve the same attention from the Pro leagues. Suspensions with no pay, large fines, and endorsements pulling the plug will stop a lot of this show boat elitism.
I remember when ball players and other athletes of my childhood were hero's to my friends and myself, now they are just a bunch of bad role models and posers showing our kids how to be thugs and punks. ....... takes a step back and falls from large soap box ......

FishFood
08-28-2007, 22:15
I think what Vick ment was he found "Hey-Suse", he just missread his speech... So, the real question is, who is "Hey-Suse"...!

scuba Widow
08-28-2007, 22:24
Not to downgrade this by any means, because i do not condone what he has done, but why just him? Why not go after all the so called role models like this. Look how many "Pro" athletes get let off cocaine charges, DUI's, assault and batteries. I mean these are crimes that are just as bad as Vick's and I believe deserve the same attention from the Pro leagues. Suspensions with no pay, large fines, and endorsements pulling the plug will stop a lot of this show boat elitism.
I remember when ball players and other athletes of my childhood were hero's to my friends and myself, now they are just a bunch of bad role models and posers showing our kids how to be thugs and punks. ....... takes a step back and falls from large soap box ......

I do agree that we need to make everybody accountable for there actions. However, there is not enough jails and rehab centers in the world to hold the famous people that have fallen from grace. The crack down should not exclude music and television personalities.

quarrydiver
09-01-2007, 21:12
A good amount of community service might do the trick. Take away their free time and replace it with work.

kevinj1
09-01-2007, 22:41
As sick as this sounds--I dont believe jail is what he deserves.
I grew up always respecting one major rule; "An eye for an eye".

texarkandy
09-02-2007, 06:58
Michael Vick (and his attorneys) don't really care if "you" buy his "heartfelt" public apology & claim to have "found Jesus". The whole public display is for court.

This is all about the sentencing guidelines, where sentence is based on points computed by a US Probation Officer using their bible known as the "Federal Sentencing Guidelines".

He is negotiating a plea with the US Attorney's Office. As part of that Plea Agreement he'll get credit for a little thing called "acceptance of responsibility" at sentencing. He's (upon advice of his attorney) is probably doing/saying other things that will affect the Guidelines.

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made," Martin said in a statement. "Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."

Although his lack of empathy for animals may be shocking to your & my conscience, this man cannot really change. If he was not revulsed by it before, getting caught & "finding jesus" will not cause him to be revulsed in the future. This is something in his personal psyche. He was likely raised to not have empathy towards animals (and maybe limited empathy towards other humans as well). At best he will learn to feign empathy & restrain his actions.

Look at cultures around the world (& even some sub-cultures in the US). Empathy towards animals and other humans varies widely. Consider bullfighting, wife/child beating, some Islamic practices - certain things unacceptable in certain circles are not necessarily so in others.

plot
09-02-2007, 08:08
As sick as this sounds--I dont believe jail is what he deserves.
I grew up always respecting one major rule; "An eye for an eye".

eye for an eye only works between two men.

FishFood
09-02-2007, 08:45
Eye for an Eye?

I believe that would be called "Dawg" fighting! :D

deepdiver47
09-02-2007, 10:59
Can we close out this post and forever not open it up again?
I for one am sick and tired of writing about this jerk.

DevilDiver
09-02-2007, 11:01
Please stop... This has gotten way to much attention. Just put the guy in jail.

WalkinPaul
12-12-2007, 18:02
Well, he was playing Quarterback for the Falcons, but now I hear he's playing tight-end/receiver down at the prison.

J/K Michael.

adv_diver1
12-12-2007, 18:11
poop on him. I don't forgive him unti he lets someone else beat his arse and torture him for everytime the Falcons lost.

Another case of: "You can give a thug money, but they are still a thug!"

adv_diver1
12-12-2007, 18:11
yes he is going to the federal pound me in the arse prison. I hope he enjoys showertime...

wheelman
12-12-2007, 19:33

It's the truth... they all find JC when they get caught.

mm2002
12-12-2007, 19:49
Just another multi million dollar "professional athlete" making the news because we the people decide it's cool to pay him oodles of money to entertain us, and allow him to afford to do whatever he wants to do. This story (an many many others) is exactly why I do not support professional ball sports. If you like to play with a ball, enjoy it while you're a kid. When you grow up, get a REAL job.

divingchef
12-12-2007, 22:30
simple way to solve this ban him from football for life, like they did pete rose for baseball. see how many nfl players shape up after that. no hall of fame no million dollar games nothing, see what happens.

Look, I think what Vick did was wrong...yeah he hurt some dogs....which is of course not legally acceptable....yeah, he´ll thinking about his mistakes a long time, scared to pick up the soap.....etc...

but i think youre a little off the mark with the pete rose thing....Rose "bet" on "baseball" not dogs..., he bet on games that he could control the outcome of.....thats a whole lot different than dog fighting.....yes its a crime, but in my opinion not grounds to "ban" him from the NFL. I mean he didn´t have the dog-fights in the Georgia Dome or anything....(which of course may have been more lucrative for him, you know TV rights and everything)

I grew up in Atlanta, a sad falcon´s fan for years and years......

Vick screwed up, he should be punished, but not condemned.

Have you ever REALLY REALLY screwed up? Typically when you screw this bad, the justice system´s punishment is lighter than society´s punishment.

RIght now, Vick is ruined.....but the reality is, he was a pretty darn good QB. Let him do his time.....let the thing cool down, and then society will determine Vick´s fate when he gets out of jail...

The NFL business exists because of its fans....without the fans, the business doesn´t work.....If a team is hurting that bad for a QB when Vick is released (older, budweiser) and they sign him, the fans will tell that team if they find it acceptable or not....

I just think this whole thing is blown way out of proportion...the guy is screwing himself.....let him do it....he doesn´t need us to push the blade in deeper and pour salt on the wound.....does he?

adv_diver1
12-12-2007, 22:35
The NFL should learn not to hire BUMS AND THUGS!!!

I love football but screw the NFL if they go out of business because they keep having dirtbag incidents.... no sympathy. Not for Barry Bonds, Mike Tyson, Vick, Pete Rose, Johnny Cochran, Al Gore or anyother FAKE these days.

Shhhhew...

Tableleg
12-13-2007, 01:09
Just because these people 'find Jesus' doesn't mean they'll learn anything from him.

adv_diver1
12-13-2007, 05:04
Criminals, etc. find 'Jesus' in hopes that he will give them a lighter prison sentence or spare them the death penalty.

Goober
12-13-2007, 15:39
I say, tie him to one of those rape stands they found on his property, and throw him in general pop.:smiley2:

CaribbeanDiver
12-13-2007, 16:15
of course he found Jesus. a judge once told me that it is apparent Jesus resides in jail because every inmate seems to find Jesus once they get there.
Vick is a thug, paying him millions does not change that. He is where he belongs and hopefully this will be a lesson to others that rules are rules and laws are laws that occasionally apply to everyone.