PDA

View Full Version : I just got a idea for the website.

bigman241
08-18-2009, 21:51
I emailed larry to ask if taxs where in my package. Nope no taxs or shipping theres another 140 or so the lds will need to cut if he want my purchase.
I asked if the nice girl on the welcome to the forum page and many differnt gear pages would deliver it. Sadly no. But i came up with a idea. I remeber larry talking about adding to the main page but doing it as a cookie so everyone does not see it everytime they go to the main page. Well i had the idea. Have her on everypage forum gear main page. Once every 10 minutes or so. trying out a differnt piece of gear or telling us something about scubatoys or the forums. Like she could come out hey check out my new zeagle regulator. Or i love the bp/w setup. Or just tell a nice joke about diving. Seems to me no one would complain and it would be a great way to get everyone to look at differnt gear they normaly would not. ALso like i asked larry do i get a discount for the idea. :smiley32::smiley32::smiley36::smiley36:

Smashee
08-18-2009, 22:19
Well i had the idea. Have her on everypage forum gear main page. Once every 10 minutes or so.

Wouldn't work.

/me pats Adblock+, NoScript, FlashBlock and all the other little things that make the internet such a nice place these days.

bigman241
08-18-2009, 22:50
It works on the forum page why not everypage

Well i had the idea. Have her on everypage forum gear main page. Once every 10 minutes or so.

Wouldn't work.

/me pats Adblock+, NoScript, FlashBlock and all the other little things that make the internet such a nice place these days.

Smashee
08-18-2009, 23:00
It works on the forum page why not

Not for me it doesn't. And that's just the way I like it.

PTAaron
08-18-2009, 23:08
Having an ad pop up every 10 minutes or on every page would probably make a LOT of people stop coming to the forums. I know I have left forums in the past when the advertising got out of hand.

navyhmc
08-18-2009, 23:26
As nice as the ST girl looks, I have to say no as well. I am all for keeping her where she is.

bigman241
08-19-2009, 01:17
well maybe 10 minutes is to short of a time span. i gues everyone would get bored with it over time.

navyhmc
08-19-2009, 02:20
Nah, I'm still for NO!!!!!

PTAaron
08-19-2009, 07:15
Bored isn't the issue... Annoyed is more like it. It would be just like any other pop-up ad - just with a good looking girl in it. That doesn't make me want to be interrupted by it every 10, 15, 30 minutes.

Vercingetorix
08-19-2009, 09:12
How about...NO !!!!!!

hoova-scuba
08-19-2009, 13:59
So many other places to go on the internet if you wanna see pretty girls!

thor
08-19-2009, 14:40
Perhaps instead, Larry may want to invest in adding a spell checker to the site.

Flatliner
08-19-2009, 15:00
Perhaps instead, Larry may want to invest in adding a spell checker to the site.
:smilie39: Oops, I think I just wet my pants...

ScubaToys Larry
08-19-2009, 15:03
whatz rong wid da ways i speell?

And actually, the blond is the spell checker... you really want me to change??

bigman241
08-19-2009, 15:09
Hey larry it is ok if you told me i had to win a 5th grade spelling bee or get shot I would say shoot me now :smiley5: But the spel chacker is not a bad idae

whatz rong wid da ways i speell?

And actually, the blond is the spell checker... you really want me to change??

mithrandiryod
08-19-2009, 15:33
By no means am I against women....even pretty ones, but every time I see them on the site it bugs me a little. Not enough to make me hate the site, but enough to where if there was one popping out every 10 minutes with sales suggestions I would stop looking. I don't need advertising out the ying yang pouring at me. It's unsettling when I see a speak to a customer service window open out of no where while I'm browsing, and kinda turns me off to buying.

-mith

bigman241
08-19-2009, 16:38
True i guest you guys where right. Though i would thin anyone popping up telling you about the product pros and cons. but I hate it when i look at getting a new cell phone the little pops up can i help you. No go away sit in the corner i will call you if i need you

By no means am I against women....even pretty ones, but every time I see them on the site it bugs me a little. Not enough to make me hate the site, but enough to where if there was one popping out every 10 minutes with sales suggestions I would stop looking. I don't need advertising out the ying yang pouring at me. It's unsettling when I see a speak to a customer service window open out of no where while I'm browsing, and kinda turns me off to buying.

-mith

jwdizney
08-19-2009, 16:40
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

PTAaron
08-19-2009, 17:51
Ha!
Maybe one that checks for improper use of words?

bennerman
08-19-2009, 19:42
I ecksplisitlee fourbid the youse off spel chackars on this forom. Are spelign is perfektlee fien.

bigman241
08-19-2009, 19:44
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:. Hey it is all good not like this is
scubaboard

Ha!
Maybe one that checks for improper use of words?