PDA

View Full Version : Football

maverick
08-19-2009, 10:58
Bret Favre is back playing starting QB, he just signed up with MN.Vikings.

snagel
08-19-2009, 16:12
That happened today? I thought I heard this a couple weeks ago?

Snagel

Cheddarchick
08-19-2009, 18:33
Na...He told them 2 weeks ago he was staying retired...He pulls this Cr*p to get out of traning camp..Then he starts of Friday....Sheesh...what a prima donna

Diver Kat
08-19-2009, 23:03
Yeah ... what was the big joke today?

Brett Favre - the quarterback with the most incomplete retirements.:smiley36:

And then Green Bay fans have out the 'Brett Who' shirts .....

maverick
08-20-2009, 00:22
It's has 2 do with $$

PACKRMAN
08-20-2009, 05:28
It's has 2 do with $$

I think it has to do with a front office in Green Bay snorting the wrong kind of cheese:smiley19::smiley19::smiley11:

navyhmc
08-20-2009, 05:36
It's has 2 do with $$

I think it has to do with a front office in Green Bay snorting the wrong kind of cheese:smiley19::smiley19::smiley11:

Cannanberre? Bleu???:smiley36::smiley36:

snagel
08-20-2009, 05:49
I've always liked Bret, but dang Bret, go out gracefully. I would never thought he would sign with the Vikings (a lot of bad blood between them and Green Bay). Goes to prove although the fans might hold on to these huge rivalry's, it's all about the $$ for the players.

This has to be a kick in the pants to Packers Fans. He has to be viewed as a "Trader".

S. Nagel

PACKRMAN
08-20-2009, 06:03
It's has 2 do with $$

Cannanberre? Bleu???:smiley36::smiley36:

I am pretty sure the gm, and I know the coach will get confussed with fancy words so lets just call it....BUTT CHEESE

I've always liked Bret, but dang Bret, go out gracefully. I would never thought he would sign with the Vikings (a lot of bad blood between them and Green Bay). Goes to prove although the fans might hold on to these huge rivalry's, it's all about the $$ for the players.

This has to be a kick in the pants to Packers Fans. He has to be viewed as a "Trader".

S. Nagel

Yes, the more rabid fans will hate him for life but I think it has less to do with $$$ and more to do with "I told you so"

DMWiz
08-20-2009, 06:36

S. Nagel

Why? What is he trading? His loyalty? Trading money? :smiley2:

I think you mean traitor :smiley20: and yes that would be like Marino playing his last years with the Pats or Elway going to the Chargers and on and on...

Honestly, as bad as he was (good for the Dolphins bad for the jets) he's still better than a lot of other QBs these days. He's got a better shot at winning it all with the Vikes than with almost any other team so I can see why he would do it.

chinacat46
08-20-2009, 06:53

S. Nagel

Why? What is he trading? His loyalty? Trading money? :smiley2:

I think you mean traitor :smiley20: and yes that would be like Marino playing his last years with the Pats or Elway going to the Chargers and on and on...

Honestly, as bad as he was (good for the Dolphins bad for the jets) he's still better than a lot of other QBs these days. He's got a better shot at winning it all with the Vikes than with almost any other team so I can see why he would do it.

At least Elway when out on top. How many QB's win the MVP in the Super Bowl and then retire. :smiley20: I don't know why Favre continues to play he is way past his prime.

Skred
08-20-2009, 08:11
Yes, the more rabid fans will hate him for life but I think it has less to do with $$$ and more to do with "I told you so"

Speaking of rabid Packer fans, I was listening to sports talk radio guys who are at KC Chiefs training camp in River Falls, WI yesterday. The subject of Favre came up and one guy said he saw a mannequin dressed in a Packers helmet and a Favre jersey posed in someone's front yard with a knife stuck through the chest. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess there may be a few hard feelings there! :smiley36:

DMWiz
08-20-2009, 09:25
At least Elway when out on top. How many QB's win the MVP in the Super Bowl and then retire. :smiley20: I don't know why Favre continues to play he is way past his prime.

True... and it's not like he has anything to play for. He's won everything there's to win in football.

maverick
08-20-2009, 15:48
The Vikings, Las Vegas the odds were 25% to 1 that the Vikings would make the Super Bowl. When Bret Favre signed up with the Vikings the odds went to 15% Don't know what that is all about??