PDA

View Full Version : best air intergrated.

bigman241
08-19-2009, 16:41
What is the best air intergrated computer on the model. I am looking at the atom 2 figure i would ask your thoughts on the differnt computers out there. air inter. or not wrist type or console. Which computer is the best out there. I like the atom because it is a wire free so less chance i will get snagged on it or break it. Plus it is on my wrist and i could use it and hold say a lobster at the same time

CompuDude
08-19-2009, 18:17
The best? Uwatec Galileo Sol, IMNSHO.

Followed by the Oceanic VT3.

I don't care for Suunto, and I don't care for wristwatch-sized dive computers.

Flatliner
08-19-2009, 18:21
I don't have one so my opinion is humble this time, two divers I respect both use the Oceanic VT3.

Smashee
08-19-2009, 18:39
Another vote for the VT3. Easy to read and solid. It's a decent air-integrated computer for recreational diving. There's a little weirdness when it comes to switching gas mixes, but it's not supposed to be a tech computer and doesn't try to be one. All in all, I'm reasonably happy with mine but I wouldn't say it's the best computer out there.

cummings66
08-19-2009, 18:42
I would agree with Compudude, I own the VT3 and love it. It's a great computer but the Uwatec Galileo Sol has many more features than the VT3. It's also twice the price so it should.

However, I won't be buying one, if I'm going to spend over a grand on a dive computer it's going to be one that works for technical diving, even if I don't use the computer for that I won't spend over a grand if it doesn't do that.

If somebody gave it to me I'd use it over the VT3. Yes, I've seen and played with one.

CompuDude
08-19-2009, 18:54
I would agree with Compudude, I own the VT3 and love it. It's a great computer but the Uwatec Galileo Sol has many more features than the VT3. It's also twice the price so it should.

However, I won't be buying one, if I'm going to spend over a grand on a dive computer it's going to be one that works for technical diving, even if I don't use the computer for that I won't spend over a grand if it doesn't do that.

If somebody gave it to me I'd use it over the VT3. Yes, I've seen and played with one.

Trust me, if it weren't for key man pricing and an insurance payout, I wouldn't own a Galileo Sol, either. I sure love it, though.

I'm hoping this computer lasts me through my next level needs for a Liquivision X1 (or X2, by then)... it should, as long as I don't do anything stupid. ;)

bigman241
08-19-2009, 21:12
ok guys The vt3 is nice. I think it would do me for the next few years. How does it do on nitrox. As i plan to go that way between ow cert and my aow cert. Which will be 6 months to a year depending on how much i can dive before then

skdvr
08-19-2009, 21:40
The VT3 will handle Nitrox just fine... They are a very nice computer that will last you a long time... It has more features on it than you will need for many years....

Phil

cummings66
08-20-2009, 07:34
I use it fine with Nitrox, I've used it on multiple mixes with no problems either so you'll be fine with it. Gas switching is something that isn't too hard to do, just a matter of pushing the right buttons.

In general, there's little it can't do that a diver would want.

What I wonder about the sol is how they modified the diving algorithm in it to account for heart rate. I know that logically to me it makes sense, work harder and pump more blood you should take in more N2. I'm curious the research behind the modification.

kroorda
08-20-2009, 12:23
My vote would be for the Oceanic VT3,
Next vote would be the Sherwood Wisdom
I hate Suunto. I've seen and heard of many problems with them, they are difficult to program and operate, and getting them serviced is difficult.

Draq
08-27-2009, 19:01
I have the Aeris version of the VT3, the Elite T3. Never had a problem with it and have no reason other than toy envy to consider changing it.

I am thinking of getting an Oceanic OC1, for no rational or sane reason.

The Galileo looks nice, though.

Mtrewyn
08-30-2009, 11:48
I've never had any trouble with my suunto. idk? the shop I work with doesn't seen to have trouble getting them serviced, but everyone is different.

it_mike
08-30-2009, 13:25
Cochran Gemini (http://www.divecochran.com/computers/Gemini/index.html)