PDA

View Full Version : Scubatoys this weekend!

greyzen
08-27-2007, 20:13
My wife has informed me that this weekend for laborday I get to come play at ScubaToys!!! So I can at least try on everything I wanna buy...someday I'll be able to buy it.

~YAY~

*I need to find me a way to write down everything I'mma need!*

chewyjr15
08-27-2007, 20:48
you luck SOB JK have fun and i wish i was you

NitroWill
08-27-2007, 20:55
Better make 34 more posts so you can have a nice $60 discount on whatever you buy ;)

PlatypusMan
08-27-2007, 21:56
You are one fortunate son....I'm trapped at the day job all weekend; can't even get away for one day of diving.

:smiley11:

Osprey
08-27-2007, 22:44
Bring us back a souvenir ;)

greyzen
08-28-2007, 11:12
I'm looking at this trip as a sort of pilgrimage.
Christians get to go to Jerusalem
Catholics get to go to Holy Rome
Buddist get Bodh Gaya or Kusinagara
I get ScubaToys

So I wonder when I should start the fast... and eat not a grain of wheat until I order from the McDonald's* (conveniently located down the street)?

*Btw larry, buy that McDonald's... you give it enough advertisement to generate cash from it*

rubberduck
08-28-2007, 11:13
I wish scubatoys was my LDS.

greyzen
08-28-2007, 14:52
So what is a good place to crash while I'm there?
Any motel/hotel's close? :)

PlatypusMan
08-28-2007, 23:41
So what is a good place to crash while I'm there?
Any motel/hotel's close? :)

Yup--all up and down I35E you can find hotels/motels of varying degree of maintenance.

Personally, I would stay in Irving and just drive up to ST as needed.

Be sure to worship at the "Shrine of Joe", where you can look directly into his habitat enclosure right off the main sales floor.

greyzen
08-29-2007, 11:06
I'm trying to figure out how to swing this into a "Stay at a hotel and hang out with the wife" weekend.

brandon
08-29-2007, 17:28
Find a day spa nearby, drop her off, go to Scubatoys.

Problem solved.

-B.

ertechsg
08-29-2007, 17:40
There is a mall about 8mi north up the road(lewisville) nice places stay and eat down town Dallas about 10mi south

greyzen
08-29-2007, 23:01
Booked a Best Western in Dallas... I'm from Dallas so I figure I could see the grandma and maybe grab a bite before we head over there.

I'm so excited!! (is this normal...)

dallasdivergirl
08-30-2007, 10:05
You could drop her at the Galleria but then you might have to return your stuff after her shopping.

If she likes art the DMA & Nasher sculpture garden is down town, the aquarium is as well.

I will be at ST as well picking up my AOW & Nitrox cards on Saturday.

Probably buying a few necessary items. ;)

greyzen
08-30-2007, 10:21
You could drop her at the Galleria but then you might have to return your stuff after her shopping.

If she likes art the DMA & Nasher sculpture garden is down town, the aquarium is as well.

I will be at ST as well picking up my AOW & Nitrox cards on Saturday.

Probably buying a few necessary items. ;)

hehe, well congrats on your cards! Hopefully I'll see ya (I'll be the clueless looking redheaded "giant")

I think we might hit up the aquarium.. it's been years since I've been there.

rfreddo
08-30-2007, 10:43
The Hotel Crescent Court is a nice (but not necessarily cheap) place to stay downtown. Easy access to all of the downtown sights, as well as right next to the on ramp for I-35. If spa would be an option, they have one of the best in town.

scubasavvy
08-30-2007, 10:53
My wife has informed me that this weekend for laborday I get to come play at ScubaToys!!! So I can at least try on everything I wanna buy...someday I'll be able to buy it.

~YAY~

*I need to find me a way to write down everything I'mma need!*

Lucky, lucky, lucky...

Foo2
08-30-2007, 10:56
I'm trying to figure out how to swing this into a "Stay at a hotel and hang out with the wife" weekend.

You might consider staying in Lewisville, it's only about 10 mins from ST. There are several hotels, resturaunts, and a mall there too. Just a thought. :smiley2:

greyzen
08-30-2007, 10:57
The Hotel Crescent Court is a nice (but not necessarily cheap) place to stay downtown. Easy access to all of the downtown sights, as well as right next to the on ramp for I-35. If spa would be an option, they have one of the best in town.

I'm keeping that one on the books rfreddo, thanks!!
Looks like the perfect, "Oh damn, I screwed up and said the wrong thing" apology place :smilie39:

We opted for something closer and without as many amenities, but still has bubblywater room :)

Rental of Room: check
Bottle of Bourbon: check
Excitement of being at ScubaToys: check
Secret pocket of money to spend when the wife ain't looking: check

Foo2
08-30-2007, 11:01

I could almost put money down that your wife also has a secret pocket of money. That is something that is passed down from generation to generation of women. My grandmother is the queen of it.

Vercingetorix
08-30-2007, 11:03
Greyzen, just remember that ScubaToys is closed Sunday. So, unless you're staying until Monday, make the Saturday shopping day count.

While you're there, please tell Joe, Greg, or Will to add $50 credit to my in-store account (Rick Emery) and charge it to your credit card. Thank you

greyzen
08-30-2007, 11:11

I could almost put money down that your wife also has a secret pocket of money. That is something that is passed down from generation to generation of women. My grandmother is the queen of it.
it's actually really strange.

We are both so financially conscious we scare our friends.
For example, last night we went to a pub in Austin to play trivia with our friends and actually discussed what we were going to order to drink based on happy-hour prices/etc.
the 16 dollar check comes and she and I both knew ahead of time how much it would be and what rate of tip we'd be giving :D

She wants to see ScubaToys too... but we're not buying anything.. just trying stuff on and getting the list together. We've planned and budgeted when I can purchase my setup (she wants to just rent hers until she is more comfy with diving)

greyzen
08-30-2007, 11:12
Greyzen, just remember that ScubaToys is closed Sunday. So, unless you're staying until Monday, make the Saturday shopping day count.

While you're there, please tell Joe, Greg, or Will to add $50 credit to my in-store account (Rick Emery) and charge it to your credit card. Thank you

Got it!

So Joe, Larry, you heard the man.

Add a 50 dollar credit to my account using his credit card.

Vercing, you are a very nice man... I thank you :)

Vercingetorix
08-30-2007, 11:26
Got it!

Vercing, you are a very nice man... I thank you :)Maybe I wasn't REAL clear...

greyzen
08-30-2007, 11:28
Maybe I wasn't REAL clear...

Crystal baby... Crystal :smiley2:

dallasdivergirl
08-30-2007, 11:39
since I will be there anyway I will tell Joe & Larry that you said I could have $50 added to my account as well.

Thanks Rick!

Got it!

Foo2
08-30-2007, 11:50
since I will be there anyway I will tell Joe & Larry that you said I could have $50 added to my account as well.

Thanks Rick!

Got it!

Well heck, while you're feeling generous....I could drive to ST this weekend...

greyzen
08-30-2007, 11:52
PARTY ON RICKS CREDIT CARD @ ST!!!

Rick, you are indeed a gentlemen!
:smiley32::smiley20::smiley32::smiley20::smiley32: :smiley20::smiley32:

:smiley2:

Vercingetorix
08-30-2007, 12:19
I'll be at ScubaToys in about six hours, right after work.

Greyzen, Sparky, Foo2: I'll make sure the three of you are properly taken care of, account wise.

But then, I've always been a sucker for a cute girl. Greyzen...not so cute.

greyzen
08-30-2007, 12:23
I'll be at ScubaToys in about six hours, right after work.

Greyzen, Sparky, Foo2: I'll make sure the three of you are properly taken care of, account wise.

But then, I've always been a sucker for a cute girl. Greyzen...not so cute.
You've never seen me in my Scubatoys g-string :smiley2:

Vercingetorix
08-30-2007, 12:25
You've never seen me in my Scubatoys g-string :smiley2:Oh gawd...there isn't enough eye-bleach in all of Texas to cure that vision. I was about to go eat lunch...not now...thanks.

greyzen
08-30-2007, 12:26
You've never seen me in my Scubatoys g-string :smiley2:Oh gawd...there isn't enough eye-bleach in all of Texas to cure that vision. I was about to go eat lunch...not now...thanks.

:smilie39:

Me and Jenny Craig, helping people stay trim through hard work! :)

scubasamurai
08-30-2007, 13:12
have fun, me bbq but no diving , might do alocal trip well see. have fun

greyzen
08-31-2007, 20:49
I am so pissed!!

So I get a call yesterday telling me they double booked my room... as an apology they went ahead and upgraded me for free. *yay*

So I am almost to Waco, and I get a call that they had a massive flooding and that the whole wing I was looking at is under repair. We asked for a special room and since they didn't have any rooms outside of the wing that was flooded, I didn't get to go to Scubatoys!!!

:smiley19:

THIS SUCKS SO BAD!

torrey
08-31-2007, 21:02
Say what? Why not try another place? It's an interstate, there's tons of hotels around there.

I'm guessing you just mean tonight...you're going tomorrow, right?

greyzen
09-01-2007, 09:33
Well, see the problem is the method of getting there.

I told my wife I wanted to visit ScubaToys, which is true, but I also wanted to take her out to a hotel room and just spend a little private time with no computers/televisions/distractions. So we rented a hotel room with special accommodation's/etc.

Since that fell through, she wasn't going to be very happy with us just going to ScubaToys anyhow... so I'll have to replan. The good news is, I can really just pack up and head over there during the week solo if I want. So perhaps I'll have to do that.

dallasdivergirl
09-04-2007, 09:51
No wonder I couldn't find the red headed giant with a glazed eyes and a goofy grin on Saturday when I was there.

I am so pissed!!

So I get a call yesterday telling me they double booked my room... as an apology they went ahead and upgraded me for free. *yay*

So I am almost to Waco, and I get a call that they had a massive flooding and that the whole wing I was looking at is under repair. We asked for a special room and since they didn't have any rooms outside of the wing that was flooded, I didn't get to go to Scubatoys!!!

:smiley19:

THIS SUCKS SO BAD!