PDA

View Full Version : choosing

doimber
08-20-2009, 14:26
was trying to choose which agency to get certified with but i found scuba toys and i totaly fell in love with how great they are!!! do you think so? please post.

bigman241
08-20-2009, 19:06
I have not bought from them getting ready to. I have not been there i hope to soon. I have never heard bad thing one about them. I have also talked with larry a few time. Great guy he cares about his customors alot

DMWiz
08-20-2009, 19:11
I've heard really bad things about them... I hear if you go to their store, your bank account goes in the red and your credit card all of the sudden flies out of your wallet too. ;)

Flatliner
08-20-2009, 19:17
I've heard really bad things about them... I hear if you go to their store, your bank account goes in the red and your credit card all of the sudden flies out of your wallet too. ;)

It does, honest, it wasn't my self control at all...

DevilDiver
08-20-2009, 21:03
Where are you located? If you are in the DFW area I suggest you stop by and talk to someone about the O/W class and have a look around for yourself.

Ask to talk to Greg and discuss when you would be able to do it and who would be teaching that weekend.

scubadiver888
08-21-2009, 08:24
Most agencies are the same until you get to the professional or technical level. Switching from one agency to another is usually not that hard. In other words, it does not matter which agency you select. The only place you might get in trouble is if your agency is not recognized in places you might dive. For example, you might not want to be certified by ACUC if you are going to be diving in Egypt. PADI, NAUI and SSI are pretty well recognized.

What you do want to make sure is you like your instructor. It is all about the instructor. Talk to the person who will be training you.

doimber
08-21-2009, 09:53
i'm probably going to dive in the us for awhile so i won't have to worry about that, but i live in texas so i can dive almost year round. woo hoo

super noob

russp
08-21-2009, 10:57
I've got Open Water, Advanced Open Water, First Aid and finish Rescue this weekend; all NAUI, all through Scuba Toys. Haven't had a bad instructor yet.

doimber
08-21-2009, 18:00
that amazing. i think. actually that probably is the standard at scuba toys. never have a bad instructor. so no it's not to amazing but if you took them somewhere else, that would be amazing.

super noob