PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the tornadoed/flooded NW Chicago 'burbs

Scubanut
08-27-2007, 23:30
While I have felt compassion for those in New Orleans, Oklahoma, Florida, Cozumel/Cancun, Grand Cayman or other hurricane/flood affected areas, I now know that I only have an inkling about the real suffering and devastation that Mother Nature has imposed.

I promise to be more upbeat and informative in the future but my electricity just came back yesterday after 4 days. I only had to drive to another state to get a generator and not have to wait on government or international donations!

divechaplain-sara
08-27-2007, 23:41
Mine was out for over two days at the beginning of May. It broke my heart to lose everything from my refrigerator and freezer. Fortunatley, it wasn't hot at that time. I feel for you. Glad you're back up and running.

TxScubaBear
08-28-2007, 07:35
Howdy and welcome to the board!

Disneymom
08-28-2007, 08:36
welcome, Scubanut! I've got a step-kiddo up there - (SW Chicago burbs). What a great city you have there! best of luck to you recovering from the storms - see you around the boards.

scubasamurai
08-28-2007, 17:35
how much diving do you do there???

Blaster
08-28-2007, 21:33
Hi and welcome

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-28-2007, 21:39
While I have felt compassion for those in New Orleans, Oklahoma, Florida, Cozumel/Cancun, Grand Cayman or other hurricane/flood affected areas, I now know that I only have an inkling about the real suffering and devastation that Mother Nature has imposed.

I promise to be more upbeat and informative in the future but my electricity just came back yesterday after 4 days. I only had to drive to another state to get a generator and not have to wait on government or international donations!

We survived those storms down here in Bolingbrook, IL I know you guys got hit pretty hard up there, glad you're O.K. and that you still have a house!

When you get recovered a little more let us know, I for one will want to hear about where you dive locally.

Welcome to the board.