PDA

View Full Version : CSSP Coffin?

kwigleydownunder
08-24-2009, 22:43
Okay. I've been to Clear Springs quite a few times now, and I'm getting kind of tired of seeing the same ol' stuff every time. I keep hearing bits and pieces about this coffin and my interest in piqued.
Is this for real?
If so, where is it?
I'm headed out there Friday, weather permitting, and I'd like to check it out if possible.

DevilDiver
08-24-2009, 22:48
:smilie40:

Recon
08-24-2009, 23:07
I have never found it, but I am willing to hunt for it :) as long as the temp is not COLD COLD below the thermocline.

~Recon

BubblesMcCoy
08-25-2009, 08:50
I've gone searching for that thing a number of times and found bupkiss. Unless I see some pictures I'm resting on my conclusion that the darn thing is no more than a snipe hunt.

DevilDiver
08-25-2009, 08:58
I've gone searching for that thing a number of times and found bupkiss. Unless I see some pictures I'm resting on my conclusion that the darn thing is no more than a snipe hunt.

:smiley36:
I have not looked for this for a couple of years but it was off the front of the plane at about 35-40ft to the left. They would use it to practice shooting lift bags so it would get moved around some.

But who knows, I could be making this up.............:smilie40:

chris1999
08-25-2009, 10:15
I have never found it, but I am willing to hunt for it :) as long as the temp is not COLD COLD below the thermocline.

~Recon

it was chilly, but i was fine with a 3mm. i also dont mind cold much though. 37ft!

i *think* the triangulation was 0 deg off the floating pontoon dock on the north end and -60 deg off the walk down platform to the left of the floating pontoon dock

good luck :)

kwigleydownunder
08-30-2009, 00:11
Well, thanks for the hints guys, but no luck finding the coffin Friday. Visibility was bad, possibly the worst I've seen it there yet. Plus, the water was turned off, so we couldn't even rinse our gear when we got done. Not sure what was up with that, but overall a disappointing dive day. It was better than work though, I guess.

Coaster
11-18-2009, 22:28
Yes it is there .... on the north end of the quarry. I have seen it.

snagel
11-19-2009, 05:56
I can't help but to add a comment here.....us scuba divers are a very odd group. Take a school bus for example. We see them every day and pretty much pay little attention to them. However, you put one of these things under the water....we are on it and in it.

Here we are talking about a coffin. Most of us try to avoid coffins - don't really want to see one and absolutely don't want to be in one. But, again, put one under water and were on it; hopefully, not in it.

Snagel