PDA

View Full Version : No BBL?

thesmoothdome
09-03-2009, 21:12
Just wondering why I can't post my flickr.com site as part of my signature. I see many other users posting websites and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. I know I used to be able to post it :smiley13:. Any help would be appreciated.

ScubaToys Larry
09-03-2009, 21:19
The ability to put urls in signatures is not turned off... We had a lot of spammers using that to spam the forum. Just put it as your home page in your profile, and if folks are interested, they can easily find it from there!

Vercingetorix
09-03-2009, 22:19
I think what Larry meant to say is "The ability to put urls in signatures is NOW turned off".

I had the same question to Larry and Tommy a few weeks ago. I was told it was now off. Those folks, whom you see have urls and/or images, are folks who have not changed their signature. When they change their signatures, their links and images will be unavailable.

There is a hack/work-around available to get both urls and images in the signature.

thesmoothdome
09-03-2009, 22:31
It's a shame that we have to find work arounds to keep the site spammer free, but I think we all know that's the reality. Thanks for the quick response.