PDA

View Full Version : Master Scuba Diver my 1st milestone

MxDiver
08-28-2007, 12:48
I started Diving 20 years ago, dove often for the first 4 to 5 years and then stopped for a while, 14 years to be exact. At the beginning of this year I had the opportunity to go diving in Grand Cayman, and that is all it took for me to get all caught up on the sport again.
During the past eight months I have been diving and taking courses AOW, Rescue Diver, Nitrox, Deep Diver, Underwater navigation, Peak Performance Buoyancy and Night Diving in order to reach my first diving goal: Master Scuba Diver, which I was finally able to do this weekend, I spent 3 days on the beach and did 10 dives (some certification some leisure) to complete the last of my certification dives.
I plan to dive as much as I can during the next 12 months in order to further develop my skills before I move into my next challenge: Advanced Nitrox (which includes extended no decompression and decompression diving), after which I will evaluate moving on to trimix.

finflippers
08-28-2007, 12:52
Congrats on the master scuba diver certification.:smiley32:

TxScubaBear
08-28-2007, 12:53
WOW- that's a dream with all those dives!
And congrats!

rubberduck
08-28-2007, 12:57
Congradulations on the cert. i'd like to try for that some time.

greyzen
08-28-2007, 13:21
Congratulations!

Job well done!

RECDiver
08-28-2007, 13:58
Congratulations, MxDiver!!!!

JCAT
08-28-2007, 14:37
Congrats!

That is the direction I'm going hopefully. I have no desire to be a DM or teach.

I wish I had started earlier in my life, but I think It's doable

scubasamurai
08-28-2007, 15:40
keep diving and spending thatmoney we all love ya hahah

Charlotte Smith
08-28-2007, 15:40
Sounds like a great accomplishment! Congrats!!!

MxDiver
08-28-2007, 18:08
Congrats!

That is the direction I'm going hopefully. I have no desire to be a DM or teach.

I wish I had started earlier in my life, but I think It's doable

Same here, I have no desire to go the professional route. As for as the age Iím 38, no too far from yours, so it is definitely doable. Scuba Diving is not a competitive sport, is something to enjoy and do at your own pace. So donít get discouraged, make a plan that fits your life stile and stick to it, best of luck to you.

FishFood
08-28-2007, 18:40
Congrats! I hope to follow one day...

Ive got a question. What all did "Deep Diver" teach?

dludwig
08-29-2007, 20:38
Congrats ! :smiley32:

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-29-2007, 21:21
Way to go. Quite an accomplishment! Personally I hope to go Pro someday so hopefully this hobby will help pay for itself!

MxDiver
08-29-2007, 21:43
Congrats! I hope to follow one day...

Ive got a question. What all did "Deep Diver" teach?
In a nutshell this is what it covered:
-Equipment for Deep Diving
*Tecniques:
-Buddy contact and neutral buoyancy
-descents and ascents
-on the bottom
-safety stops and emergency decompresion
-drift dives and wall dives
*Gas narcosis
*decompression sickness

PlatypusMan
08-29-2007, 21:52
Congratulations on your achievement!

Now, go out there and get some dives in.

Phestr
08-30-2007, 01:17
Congrats! I'm on the verge, just have to do Rescue, which is scheduled for Oct. I also have no urge to DM or teach, as I dive for me!

CompuDude
09-07-2007, 19:33
PADI or NAUI?

Buoyant1
09-21-2007, 11:28
Congrats! I have AOW this weekend, and will probably do rescue next season. I already have two specialties (Nitrox and Equipment) and I'm hoping to do wreck when I'm in the Keys in November...my LDS does the Peak Performance class, and Deep, so maybe by this time nnext year I'mm have "Master"!

Like others, I'm not interested in the pro route. My regular buddy just picked up his DM books, and I just can't see myself going to that...Good luck to those that do though!

Divingguy
09-21-2007, 14:07
MxDiver: Again, Congratulations. As Compudude asked, who did you go through? I just finished TA with NAUI. Under NAUI, Master Diver is essentially a prerequisite for Dive Master. I just bought, and have started working on the book for Master Diver. The chapter on Physics is brutal!! I have also started reading the, yawn, NAUI S&P. What was I thinking????