PDA

View Full Version : MARS

CrzyJay456
08-28-2007, 13:36
did you guys see the red planet last night?? it was supposed to be about as big as the moon. unfortunatly here in miami we saw nothing at all!!
anyone get a good look at something? pictures maybe?

thor
08-28-2007, 13:41
The moon sized Mars e-mail that everyone got was a hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp

However, there was a lunar eclipse last night/this morning

georoc01
08-28-2007, 13:57
I'd say, we would have some really weird weather related stuff, but if Mars is that large in the horizon, the gravitational effect on our tides would be brutal!

FishFood
08-28-2007, 15:15
I'd say, we would have some really weird weather related stuff, but if Mars is that large in the horizon, the gravitational effect on our tides would be brutal!

That's what I thought the first time I heard this claim.

Also, I was told last week that Mars was going to do this, by a highschool SCIENCE TEACHER! Scary...

94GTStang
08-28-2007, 16:57

That's what I thought the first time I heard this claim.

Also, I was told last week that Mars was going to do this, by a highschool SCIENCE TEACHER! Scary...

That's freaking sad

Black-Gorrilla
08-28-2007, 17:29
wow... so me, and my mom, tired as hell, looking at the sky for no damn reason!!!

thor
08-28-2007, 17:34
wow... so me, and my mom, tired as hell, looking at the sky for no damn reason!!!

Could have been worse. It could have been raining.

At least you didn't send money to those e-mail guys from Nigeria,...or did you.

cummings66
08-28-2007, 17:38
They probably tossed it in the mailbox while they were waiting for Mars to get big.:smiley2:

JugglingMonkeys
08-28-2007, 17:53
generally speaking, assume that all such stuff via email is a hoax.

:smiley11:

Osprey
08-28-2007, 17:57

one time I had spyware on my PC, and I got one of those spam mails that said something like "your father (using his real name!) died in a car accident in South Africa 10 years ago and we need your bank account number to give you his fortune!"

I turned around to him and asked why I wasn't invited to his funeral.

Seriously though, there are a lot of easily believed (unlike that one) emails that go around.. always check Snopes out to see if they have anything to say about it before forwarding it!

Black-Gorrilla
08-28-2007, 17:59

Could have been worse. It could have been raining.

no, i was the one sending them out. made a fortune. buried it at molasses reef