PDA

View Full Version : Best New

thor
08-28-2007, 16:38
I was looking at the monthly giveaway and it states that every month a prize will be given to the forum member who has the "Best New Thread." ... Well , not to exploit a technicality, but welcome to the "Best New" Thread.

I would like my lights in yellow please.

My attorneys will be contacting you.

Vegas
08-28-2007, 16:40
I was looking at the monthly giveaway and it states that every month a prize will be given to the forum member who has the "Best New Thread." ... Well , not to exploit a technicality, but welcome the the "Best New" Thread.

:smilie39:
I really love the way lawyers think.....I wouldn't want to be one (or play one on television).....but I love the way they think.... :smiley2:

NitroWill
08-28-2007, 16:41
And the judges say:

:smiley21::smiley21::smiley21::smiley21::smiley21:

Vercingetorix
08-28-2007, 16:43
Thor,

While I can see your point, nothing in the advert states that the light is working or the knife sharp. Please enjoy your insta-flood, factory-reject light and duller-than-a-butterknife knife.:smilie39:

thor
08-28-2007, 17:02
Thor,

While I can see your point, nothing in the advert states that the light is working or the knife sharp. Please enjoy your insta-flood, factory-reject light and duller-than-a-butterknife knife.:smilie39:

LOL ..

Just as long as they are all yellow.

Black-Gorrilla
08-28-2007, 17:31
And the judges say:

and the animal kingdom agrees and adds...
:smiley21::smiley21:

TAH 73
08-28-2007, 17:40
Sorry Thor, I think the masses have spoken. Nice try though. Maybe Joe will send you a snorkel keeper or a picture of a light and a knife.

thor
08-28-2007, 18:11
Sorry Thor, I think the masses have spoken. Nice try though. Maybe Joe will send you a snorkel keeper or a picture of a light and a knife.

So.. Mob justice? Is that how you guys roll? Fine, you can have the butterknife sharp knife

Black-Gorrilla
08-28-2007, 18:20

So.. Mob justice? Is that how you guys roll? Fine, you can have the butterknife sharp knife

yep! cause there is no I in mob. so tough break... bring a helmet next time :smilie39:

sorry, i had too.
but i can send you a nice glossy picture of a dive light and a knife if you want... maybe a snorkel keeper as suggested....

namabiru
08-28-2007, 18:46
I was looking at the monthly giveaway and it states that every month a prize will be given to the forum member who has the "Best New Thread." ... Well , not to exploit a technicality, but welcome to the "Best New" Thread.

:smilie40: I'll get some dollar store lights and smear them yellow with fake popcorn butter. Will that work?

thor
08-28-2007, 22:08
Mmmmm popcorn butter.

PlatypusMan
08-28-2007, 23:19
And the judges say:

I'm sorry, you forgot to throw out the French and Italian judges scores for this particular round.

dmdoss
08-28-2007, 23:23
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Thor,

dmdoss
08-29-2007, 01:49
Guess I'll hold out with my best, till there is another Bare suit or a Bc. Need to finish getting my son geared up.

RikRaeder
08-29-2007, 03:58
Thor,

Insta-flood...now that's a name you can trust!

deepdiver47
08-29-2007, 07:13
thor, your reaching and you know it.

But then you and I think somewhat alike. When I first joined I thought about posting 250 "HI" posts just to get the cert. I know, I know, at least I know that I need therapy.

Charlotte Smith
08-29-2007, 07:56
bahahahhah too funny! Sorry Thor but we have to be laughing about somebody....

thor
08-29-2007, 08:26
Guess I'll hold out with my best, till these another Bare suit or a Bc. Need to finish getting my son geared up.

Now that's the spirit. Embrace the loophole. Learn it, Live it, Love it.

Disneymom
08-29-2007, 08:33
Nice try, Thor. Way to exploit the verbage.
Heck I'll send you a snorkel keeper!

Thor,

While I can see your point, nothing in the advert states that the light is working or the knife sharp. Please enjoy your insta-flood, factory-reject light and duller-than-a-butterknife knife.:smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39:

BSea
08-29-2007, 08:34
Technically, I think your thread has to be disqualified. By your own admission, the "BEST NEW THREAD" should be the winner. Your just is titled "BEST NEW". Best New what? Best new BC? Best new reg?

And I'm not even a lawyer, but I have raised 2 kids through the teen years. :)

thor
08-29-2007, 08:44
Technically, I think your thread has to be disqualified. By your own admission, the "BEST NEW THREAD" should be the winner. Your just is titled "BEST NEW". Best New what? Best new BC? Best new reg?

Et tu BSEA?

If I called it the "Best New Thread", then technically it would be the Best New Thread THREAD. THAT would certainly be a disqualification. Gotta read the fine print folks. Nice try BSea.

BSea
08-29-2007, 08:59

Et tu BSEA?

If I called it the "Best New Thread", then technically it would be the Best New Thread THREAD. THAT would certainly be a disqualification. Gotta read the fine print folks. Nice try BSea.

Ok, if reading the fine print is important. Here's the quote from Larry.

Every month we will be giving away a prize to the best thread started that month.
No where in that sentence does it say "NEW". But it was a good try.

Sasha_K
08-29-2007, 11:02
NICE TRY, I hope it DOESN'T work :-) LOL :smiley36::smilie39:

thor
08-29-2007, 11:07

Et tu BSEA?

Ok, if reading the fine print is important. Here's the quote from Larry.

Every month we will be giving away a prize to the best thread started that month.
No where in that sentence does it say "NEW". But it was a good try.

Actually there are two quotes. If you look at the attached photo, which appears on the home page for the forums, it states "best new thread."
You are right about the other quote. So it looks like there are TWO contests. One for the "Best thread" and one for the "Best New Thread."
It looks like I win both. I'd like the other set to be in black please.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=2681

kevinj1
08-29-2007, 12:06
Thor--I expected a thread like this to happen. I wasn't even shocked when I saw who started it. Nice try buddy.

paintsnow
08-29-2007, 18:29
haha
good stuff
i wonder if i can trick joe into sending me a 10,000 doller gift certificate instead of a 10 dollar one
XD
that would be heaven
until i realized i was still missing a boat, scooter, video equipment, a rebreather
URG
it never ends does it
you get new gear then you need newer better gear the next day
:[
we all need to win the lottory

Charlotte Smith
08-29-2007, 19:14
ST didn't get where it is today by falling for the ole Best thread trick so sorry but it looks like a failure........

scuba Widow
08-29-2007, 22:28
That' s an "A" for effort

thor
08-30-2007, 15:27
That' s an "A" for effort

Thanks for your vote. I need a lot more A's to bring up my grade point average from all of the thumbs down I have been getting.