PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a place to dive on vacation

68raggtop
09-17-2009, 05:05
My wife and I are renting an RV in a couple of weeks for a road trip and I have room to bring dive gear for us both. We will be wandering between Minnesota and Arizona/Nevada and am interested if anyone has any dive locations that would be of interest anywhere along the way. We have no particular route planned yet so we are open to anything.
Thanks,
Dave

navyhmc
09-17-2009, 06:45
One of my favorite high desert spots: Blue Hole, Santa Rosa NM. Santa Rosa, New Mexico : City of Lakes (http://www.santarosanm.org/scubadiving.htm) If you dive, just be sure to download the permit and stop by to get it filed. Just remember that it's an Altitude dive and plan accordinly. (if you're intrigued and want to dive it, pm me and I'll send you the Altitude charts for it.)

scubastud
09-17-2009, 08:04
If ya get to Arizona contact me.. There is a lake here with an old dam submerged, the top is about 40 feet deep then goes down way way deep.. kinda cool.. a couple dive boats operate there, pretty cheap and fun.
Remember.. it's a lake don't expect a whole lot.. heh

68raggtop
09-18-2009, 21:09
One of my favorite high desert spots: Blue Hole, Santa Rosa NM.
I followed the link, and it sounds like it could be interesting. I sent you a PM.
Thanks,
Dave

68raggtop
09-18-2009, 21:20
If ya get to Arizona contact me.. There is a lake here with an old dam submerged, the top is about 40 feet deep then goes down way way deep.. kinda cool.. a couple dive boats operate there, pretty cheap and fun.
Remember.. it's a lake don't expect a whole lot.. heh
I will have internet on the trip, so don't be surprised if you get a PM.
Dave