PDA

View Full Version : Left or Right, In or Out

MxDiver
08-28-2007, 20:52
Where and how do you wear your wrist computer?
I wear it on my right arm facing inwards which allows me to control buoyancy with the left, and when night diving I can simultaneously read my computer and point my light up while surfacing.

ian
08-28-2007, 21:07
Hmmm...interesting! I wear my computer on my left wrist on the thumb side.

I'll have to try 'sperimentin' with it on my right wrist.

Hmmm...glad I stopped by tonight!

plot
08-28-2007, 21:27
right hand so i can watch it while my left hand is on my inflator.

TAH 73
08-28-2007, 21:37
Left hand, same as my watch, just used to looking at that side.
wear it with the face in.

JugglingMonkeys
08-28-2007, 22:00
do most people wear computers face in?
to protect them?

thor
08-28-2007, 22:03
It makes total sense to wear it in the right, so that you can look at it while controlling inflator, especially during safety stop. Tried it this way for awhile but kept looking at my empty left wrist, where I normally wear my watch, whenever I wanted to check my computer. Finally gave up went back to wearing it on m left wrist.

ertechsg
08-28-2007, 22:13
were it on the right... but thinking about putting it on a retrac so the damn accent alarm stops going off when I raise my hand.

MxDiver
08-28-2007, 23:16
It makes total sense to wear it in the right, so that you can look at it while controlling inflator, especially during safety stop. Tried it this way for awhile but kept looking at my empty left wrist, where I normally wear my watch, whenever I wanted to check my computer. Finally gave up went back to wearing it on m left wrist.

I have my compass on the left wrist, I was annoyed at looking at my left wrist first then having to look at my right, but I was even more annoyed at trying to control the inflator and looking at the computer at the same time so I stuck with it.

Capt Hook
08-28-2007, 23:49
right arm facing inwards

skdvr
08-29-2007, 09:32
I wear mine of the Left facing in. It does not bother me when I am ascending. I just keep my inflator in my hand and watch the puter. Then I just hit the button to let air out as needed. I do not need to keep my eyes on it every second. I can look away for a split second to let some air out. Then for the safety stop I do not usually have my inflator in me hand. I just hang out with both hands together so that I can watch my depth to make sure that I do not move to much. It would be tough for me on the right hand only because I wear my watches on my left and that is where I am use to looking at. If you can get use to it being on the right there is nothing wrong with it. Just do what feels natural to you...

Phil

Buoyant1
08-29-2007, 11:24
right hand facing out...that way I can watch it when ascending...I keep an eye on the depth and the little idiot gauge that tells me if I'm ascending too quickly.

cummings66
08-29-2007, 18:12
Computer on right wrist, compass on left. I've never hit anything under water with it being out, I don't see how that could ever happen so I wear it face out so I can see it easier.

Charlotte Smith
08-29-2007, 18:35
Mine is on the left which leaves my right hand free to assist anyone else that is on a safety stop w/me, and to grab my reg if someone knocks it out of my mouth by accident.

chinacat46
08-29-2007, 18:53
I wear it on my right wrist facing out for the reasons already stated. I have a backup computer clipped to my BC on the left side chest high.

GordoninNM
08-29-2007, 23:38
Left hand facing out. I have a replaceable scratch guard over the face so I'm not worried about a scratch or bump. Left side because I'm used to looking there for my data (watch) and it just feels more natural, I never lose my AI link to the transmitter (VT3). It just works for me.

Gordo

Aussie
08-30-2007, 07:19
I have my Suunto D9 on my left and the Vytec on the Right so I got it covered.

I also have the vytec attached with bungee instead of the strap it came with.

aussie

wxboy911
08-30-2007, 07:51
Right wrist on the bottom side-I feel like it may save the computer from needless damage while I move around near the rocks or things.

ReefHound
08-30-2007, 08:55
OK, I don't get it. What are you guys doing that requires you to stare at your computer non-stop or to hold onto the BC inflator the whole time. I look at my computer maybe 6 to 10 times the whole dive and dump air maybe 2 or 3 times. Maybe it's a matter of inexperience but if you're maintaining your stop depth with constant BC inflation and dumping you really need to stop that and learn to dump once when you get there and then maintain depth with your breath. Then you have TWO hands free to deal with other issues.

I think you'll also find that with experience you won't need the ascent rate indicator either. I don't see a task loading problem with wearing it on the left.

MxDiver
08-30-2007, 08:58
I would think a computer is more prone to get damaged facing inwards. When I grab onto a rock it is always with a downward motion, and even if the motion is upwards I turn my wrist to bring the palm up since I don't tend to push things off with the back of the hand. Even so I still wear the computer on the inside because it allows me to put my arm in a vertical position without losing sight of the display instead of being limited to a horizontal position as I was when wearing it on the outside. Also I have the protector so scratching the display is not an issue.

Subaqua
08-30-2007, 09:11
My computer is on my left arm, facing downward. I can still look at it while using the inflator.

paintsnow
08-30-2007, 23:20
right hand facing up
if i dont tighten it enough and it moves and faces down i dont have a problem with that either

Xspect
08-31-2007, 11:30
I wear mine on my ankle just to look cool :smilie39:

scubasamurai
08-31-2007, 12:33
wear mine on the left, still can controll the inflator easily and the right is free to flip the bird to the guy trying to squeeze up the ascent line pass me

in_cavediver
08-31-2007, 13:02
My VR3 and BT are on the right arm, facing up. My wife has her VR3 on the right and the BT on the left. She does this mostly because she's out of forearm to have both on one side.

I wear mine on the right so I can fiddle with stage bottles, mess with the inflater etc and still look at computer. The light argument has little merit as I tend to carry mine in both hands at different points in the dive. Ultimately, its all personal preference and I can't find a truly compelling argument for one over the other.