PDA

View Full Version : Got my first package... Joe got my money

lt.dan58
09-23-2009, 01:21
Well I finally ordered my gear.... Joe took about an hour over the phone and email helping me figure out what I wanted....

I got:
Zeagle Brigade
Aeris Atmos Reg
Viper Octo
Oceanic VEO 100

Best price I have seen online and at the LDS

Thanks Joe

Zenagirl
09-23-2009, 07:25
Congrats! Bear in mind that this isn't the first time you and your money will be parted at ScubaToys! ;)

scubagirlj
09-23-2009, 08:47
just the beginning of a beautiful friendship

Noob
09-23-2009, 08:53
he got me the other day too.:smilie39:

Vercingetorix
09-23-2009, 09:13
Nice package. I used the Zeagle Brigade in OW; had I not gone the BP/W route, I would have gone with the Brigade. I also use the Atmos reg; works well in conditions as low as 46-degree temp; I've not gone lower, so I don't know beyond that.

That said, you may want to make a quick call and see if you can exchange the Veo 100 for the Veo 250. More features, including Nitrox. It will cost a bit more. Add the download cable (fits either Veo 100 or 250).

Did you request the 10% forum discount?

Finally, just send Joe your credit card number and first born. It's just easier, less painful that way.

lt.dan58
09-23-2009, 18:39
Nice package. I used the Zeagle Brigade in OW; had I not gone the BP/W route, I would have gone with the Brigade. I also use the Atmos reg; works well in conditions as low as 46-degree temp; I've not gone lower, so I don't know beyond that.

That said, you may want to make a quick call and see if you can exchange the Veo 100 for the Veo 250. More features, including Nitrox. It will cost a bit more. Add the download cable (fits either Veo 100 or 250).

Did you request the 10% forum discount?

Finally, just send Joe your credit card number and first born. It's just easier, less painful that way.

WELL LUCKILY I DONT HAVE ANY CHILDREN YET OR I PROBABLY WOULDNT BE ABLE TO AFFORD THIS STUFF... NO WORRIES JOE HAS MY CC # STORED... SINCE THIS IS MORE A BEGINNER SET I WASNT TO WORRIED ABOUT THE COMPUTER HAVING NITROX CAPABILITY BUT IN THE FUTURE I DO PLAN ON UPGRADING... I WAS MORE WORRIED ABOUT GETTING A GOOD BC THAT WILL LAST A WHILE AND UPGRADING THE REST SLOWLY... WE WILL SEE HOW THAT GOES... THE PRES NEEDS TO GIVE A STIMULUS CHECK FOR DIVERS THAT WOULD HELP.:smiley36:

lt.dan58
09-23-2009, 18:43
I Actually Just Got The Call At Work From My Gf My Scubatoys Package Just Arrived... Guess Someones Ears Were Burning... Now I Have To Get Through Work Trying Not To Think About My Package Too Much

Splitlip
09-23-2009, 20:10
I never should have taken the "Evelyn Woods" class.

I was scanning the recent posts and I read "Joe got my package.".

Diver Kat
09-23-2009, 20:40
I never should have taken the "Evelyn Woods" class.

I was scanning the recent posts and I read "Joe got my package.".

LOL ... Tim - get your mind out of the gutter!! :smilie39::smilie39:

I actually placed an order yesterday afternoon with Joe's wife!! Super sweet lady!! I had received the e-mail from the other day with the 'call me' specials ... so I just had to call! Can't beat the closeouts on the Henderson Hyperstretch suits .. got a full, 3 mil (with the strange pod case) for a whopping $198!! What a steal! Anyway ... I walk into the office after lunch - and there's my package!! I swear I don't know how they get them delivered so fast! :smiley20:

Tekdivr
09-23-2009, 22:07
One of the things that impresses me the most, is how fast the items arrive. Besides the fact that they have everything under the sun in stock! A good friend of mine lives very close to them. If I did I believe I'd be in the poor house right now. It's a little easier to be more reserved when shopping online versus having all of the goodies sitting there right before your eyes.:smiley29:

scubastud
09-23-2009, 22:09
I think thats a good package Dan, I use a Brigade as well and really like it.
The VEO 100 is not nitrox? I agree I would see if maybe you can upgrade.

RonFrank
09-23-2009, 22:19
Yeah, ST is a class act for sure.

I picked up a 7mm Henderson InstaDry for around $150, and it came with a case of all things! :smiley2: It's a backup for my Drysuit, and the taggers remain on after one trip. Backups are a good thing on a live aboard, and in general.

I agree, upgrade to Nitrox if you have any aspiration of Max BT, nitrox makes a difference. Aeris no longer makes an air only computer based on their website.

Vercingetorix
09-23-2009, 22:52
The VEO 100 is not nitrox? I agree I would see if maybe you can upgrade.scubastud is spot-on. You may not THINK you NEED nitrox now, but it is far cheaper to get the computer now than upgrade. Eventually, you'll take the nitrox course.

Concerning ScunaToys fast delivery, I've always found them to be the fastest. Usually takes just a few minutes. I walk to the ScubaToys store counter with my items and hand the credit card to the sales rep. A couple minutes later, he hands me the merchandise. That's fast, same-day, same-hour delivery.

lt.dan58
09-24-2009, 03:31
so i got my package and somethings changed.... i got the Oceanic GT3 reg instead of the aeris.... also i got the aeris XR1 computer instead of the Oceanic Veo 100.... did i get a better deal or should i request the original package?

Black-Gorrilla
09-27-2009, 01:38
so i got my package and somethings changed.... i got the Oceanic GT3 reg instead of the aeris.... also i got the aeris XR1 computer instead of the Oceanic Veo 100.... did i get a better deal or should i request the original package?

give them a call, let them know what happened.... Joe will take care of you and let you know why you got what you did.

lt.dan58
09-30-2009, 21:40
Talked With Joe Today... Aeris And Oceanic Are The Same Company... And The Computers Are Exactly The Same.... Testing It All Out On Friday

Zeagle Eagle
09-30-2009, 23:51
I Actually Just Got The Call At Work From My Gf My Scubatoys Package Just Arrived... Guess Someones Ears Were Burning... Now I Have To Get Through Work Trying Not To Think About My Package Too Much
Nope! not going to go there...no way...nope. Let some one else do it.

underh2o
10-10-2009, 20:13
doesn't it feel good sort of like a new car.. mine all mine

Clernix
10-12-2009, 08:08
My first time buy with Scubatoys went very well. Delivery was fast and I got what I ordered Reef Rider Bc and Aeris Xr1. The computer was used got a great deal on it. I have been diving for years and have never used Nitrox. I do plan to take the course at some point but the computer was a great deal and I will need it here in a few months for Coz. Besides I have a gf that just got certified so she can take all my hand me downs.

The merchandise was her within days and looks great thanks guys

thagar
10-18-2009, 19:22
I use the Brigade as well. I had the Octo-inflator Z put on it and I love it.

mjdiver
11-10-2009, 06:37
just the beginning of a beautiful friendship

Seems he will be your consultant in your future dive, haha