PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pell City, AL

divinjen
08-29-2007, 09:32
Hello All! My name is Jennifer and I am from the booming metropolis of Pell City, Al! Woo hoo!!! I have not been diving too terribly long, but I love it! I have about 65 dives under my belt! My favorite place to dive is Venice, Fl I love looking for the sharks teeth and I hope to dive the Cooper soon! So chat me or whatever... looking forward to meeting people that love to dive! And as always WAR EAGLE!!!!! :smiley20:

underwaterdan
08-29-2007, 10:25
Welcome - I am headed to Venice fl in the next month or so - How did you like the shark tooth dive? What was the vis like?

blueblood
08-29-2007, 11:38
Welcome Jennifer!, I'm AJ from Mobile. Although I'm a Tide fan, it didn't bother me too much that Auburn beat us last year - it helped to get rid of Shula and get a real coach!

CaribbeanDiver
08-29-2007, 11:48
welcome Jenn, I see you speak Australian. (Woo Hoo). What is Auburn anyway? Tigers, War Eagles, Plainsmen? Get a mascot and stick to it, gees.
Bayou Bengals Rule, dont forget it.

divechaplain-sara
08-29-2007, 18:10
Jen,

Welcome aboard and a big WAR EAGLE to you. Poor deluded CarribianDiver, his memory is apparently gone as he can't remember which tigers beat him last year, along with a bunch of gators. And it is really quite simple to understand that Auburn's sport teams are the Tigers, Auburn's students are the Plainsmen, and our war cry is WAR EAGLE. Do you do any diving near Pell City? I live in Texas now, but I'm from Oneonta and would love to get a dive in next month when I go home to visit the family for a week.

Sara

Charlotte Smith
08-29-2007, 18:17
Welcome Jen! Looking forward to your posts and pictures of your shark teethif you have any...

divinjen
09-04-2007, 12:32
Sorry all, I couldn't find this one when I was looking for it! CarribianDiver has lost his marbles!!!! Sara, I have not done any diving here in pell city, we live on lake logan martin and actually tried diving it! LOL it was funny! We couldn't see a THING! Smith lake is pretty close to us though and we are trying to plan a dive there. The sharks tooth dive was AWESOME! I found a 5 inch Meg on the first dive, and some cool fossils! Shark vertebrate and a whale tooth and mammoth tooth! I think the amount of things you could find has died down until the spring months! We are diving the Cooper River in Oct I think if anyone wants to come, we can plan an awesome trip!

DevilDiver
09-04-2007, 12:39
Welcome..... Nice teeth.

divechaplain-sara
09-04-2007, 12:42
Where was the shark's tooth dive?

As much water as there is in Alabama, there ought to be some really good places for diving, especially if you don't mind brown water.
I wonder about Highland Lake, Sugerland Lake and Inland Lake which are all close to my parents.

creggur
09-04-2007, 12:54
Welcome to the board. I grew up in the equally booming metropolis of Phenix City, Al.. A little southeast of where you are...
Hope you enjoy the boards...Oh and
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x267/creggur/bama_rolltide.jpg

ROLL TIDE!!!!

divechaplain-sara
09-04-2007, 12:57
ccreggur--there's a reason why that's a limited edition picture--it hasn't happened much since Bear died.

creggur
09-04-2007, 13:23
Touche Chappy..........Touche

divinjen
09-04-2007, 13:28
LOL Thank God for Sara! A Big WAR EAGLE for ya!!!!!!!!

divechaplain-sara
09-04-2007, 13:32
I was born an Auburn fan--the child of Auburn grads and became one myself. I remember the 70's when Auburn didn't have a chance. I'm just glad that turned around while I was in school at Auburn. And like any good Auburn fan, I don't cry if Alabama loses (that is unless we really needed you to beat LSU or Tennessee and you didn't) but I like it even more when you are undefeated when we beat the carp out of you.

divinjen
09-04-2007, 13:36
Where was the shark's tooth dive?

As much water as there is in Alabama, there ought to be some really good places for diving, especially if you don't mind brown water.
I wonder about Highland Lake, Sugerland Lake and Inland Lake which are all close to my parents.

That dive was in Venice, FL with the history of FL it was all kinds of things, once a river bed, once a river, once an ocean, then frozen, then a river bed again and then Florida LOL or something along those lines. So because of that there are all kinds of awesome things to find! I will have to take some pictures of the stuff I found! here where I am in AL I don't know. I know of Smith Lake that has a city under it (it used to be an old town) but other than that I don't know. The Cooper is where I am DYING to go as you can find huge megs and all kinds of other cool stuff. The Cooper was like the Interstate in the old days and sailors would throw over their pipes and old bottles, and there were some whiskey runners that sunk out there so old jugs and stuff. here is a link to some pictures... makes me want to dive SO bad! http://offthewalldiving.com/2.html

creggur
09-04-2007, 14:03
I don't cry if Alabama loses (that is unless we really needed you to beat LSU or Tennessee and you didn't) but I like it even more when you are undefeated when we beat the carp out of you.

Now that's just being mean!!:smiley36:

I didn't want to do this, but I feel I must now point out that the Tide has enjoyed 21SEC Championships and 12 National titles to Auburns paultry 6SEC and 8 National titles..

divechaplain-sara
09-04-2007, 14:14
Bama will have their day again. I just hope its not when they're playing Auburn.

mike_s
09-04-2007, 15:45
Bama might have it's day again sometime, but the last 5 years they didn't

Remember FEAR THE THUMB? :)

Foo2
09-05-2007, 09:48
hmmmm Jen....for some reason....I never welcomed you! So... Welcome!