PDA

View Full Version : Rig setup

greyzen
08-29-2007, 11:49
Alright, so we all know I'm a newbie... but there are other newbies out there as well.

I would like to see (photo's, I'm a visual learner) of the way different rigs are setup. Please don't post links to other sites unless the site has complex pictures. I'm trying to get a feel for some of the differing styles out there.

Got a picture of you flipping the cameraman off while in your rig? Black out the finger of glory and post it, explaining what you are wearing!

Picture of another diver flipping you off? Same deal :D

This is one of those 'picture says a thousand words' kinda things.
I don't mind staring at people in real-life, but this keeps from the misunderstanding when I get caught checking out that bikini clad DIR'er and swearing to my wife I was looking at her hoses. :smiley2:

mwhities
08-29-2007, 11:57
All I can offer is: http://mwhities.dirdivers.com

Michael

greyzen
08-29-2007, 12:02
That kind of helps.
I'm just trying to cover common rig setup so people who might not remember to ask "Why would you wear this" or where exactly does a knife go, etc.

scubasamurai
08-29-2007, 14:45
play with your set a couple of times/dives. i been diving a while and still need adjusting things. its all up to you and how you like things. for example the hose from the 1stage to the reg is looping and getting caught on things, so i change the position of it on the 1stage and not a problem anymore . same thing with gauges and bags and knives.

finflippers
08-29-2007, 15:58
I have the Transpac2 harness with Dual Rec Wings, so I have an extra power inflator. I also use a 9' hose that I rout around the back of my tank that can be deployed by just pulling on the hose. Unlike most I do not breath off my long hose it is attached to the secondary octo.

I could not find any pictures that showed my setup so I took these(not the best but will do).