PDA

View Full Version : Finished my Tech class!

RoyN
10-07-2009, 18:19
Whoo hoo!!!

Just finished my TDI decompression procedure class. Now I'm a tech diver! Have to admit, it was a workout, but I got it all done with no problems, repeats, or anything.

clavicl3
10-07-2009, 18:20
what does the class teach?

comet24
10-07-2009, 18:32
Congrats. Did you also take Adv. Nitrox. The two go hand in hand.

chicken
10-07-2009, 18:34
Congrats Roy. I am finishing my pool work for Intro to Tech class Friday. Then the checkout dives!

comet24
10-07-2009, 18:37

It teaches you how to safely execute decompression dives. There is classroom and if I remember right six dives.

Goes over gas management, valve drills, deco planing, use of stage bottles, gas switching and much more. Usually taken with Adv. Nitrox so you can use high O2 mixes for deco.

CompuDude
10-07-2009, 18:59

It teaches you how to safely execute decompression dives. There is classroom and if I remember right six dives.

Goes over gas management, valve drills, deco planing, use of stage bottles, gas switching and much more. Usually taken with Adv. Nitrox so you can use high O2 mixes for deco.

Actually, he didn't say which "tech class" he took, unless you know from elsewhere.

Roy, which class did you take, under what agency, and who was your instructor?

clavicl3
10-07-2009, 19:16
That may or may not be later on for me. we'll see.

comet24
10-07-2009, 19:19

Actually, he didn't say which "tech class" he took, unless you know from elsewhere.

Actually he did.

"Just finished my TDI decompression procedure class. Now I'm a tech diver!"

CompuDude
10-07-2009, 19:29

Actually he did.

"Just finished my TDI decompression procedure class. Now I'm a tech diver!"

Missed that!

Open mouth, insert foot. Yummy! :smiley20:

:smilie39:

(although he didn't list the instructor... and why not adv. nitrox as well? deco on air or 40% nitrox? :smiley11:)

navyhmc
10-07-2009, 20:06
Congrats RoyN!!!!!

Tassie Diver
10-07-2009, 21:04
Nice work. Welcome to the dark(-ish) side.

Tekdivr
10-07-2009, 22:34
Way to go Roy! Only get's better from there. :smiley20:

RoyN
10-08-2009, 00:54
Just to clarify guys and gals, I took the advance nitrox by ANDI last year so all I had to do was to learn the decompression procedure class. Otherwise, I took it with Phil Sammet from Anywater Sport in San Jose and did my water training in Monterey.

Lone Wolf
10-09-2009, 17:01
Just to clarify guys and gals, I took the advance nitrox by ANDI last year so all I had to do was to learn the decompression procedure class. Otherwise, I took it with Phil Sammet from Anywater Sport in San Jose and did my water training in Monterey.

Phill is a great guy, my wife and I dove off the Cypress Sea last fall. He's the captain.