PDA

View Full Version : Migraine Cures

caburrid
10-08-2009, 20:46
Hey guys, I have a migraine and can't seem to shake it, had it for almost a day...anyone got any cures? It is taking away from my valuable ST time!

FishFood
10-08-2009, 20:58
Goody's powder (Tylenol, aspirin, caffeine) washed down by a coke always works for me. The pain relievers in conjunction with the caffeine and sugar rush.

You can also try some L-Arginine pills. Supposed to increase blood flow...

navyhmc
10-08-2009, 21:22
I have done a dose of 800mg motrin and 1000mg Tylenol at the same time and that usually takes care of mine.

Lulubelle
10-08-2009, 21:46
I have done a dose of 800mg motrin and 1000mg Tylenol at the same time and that usually takes care of mine.

Add caffeine and this is an officially studied treatment, really. Got to take the big dose of Ibuprofen though.

If this is a habit, go to your doc and get a triptan.

comet24
10-08-2009, 22:19
Ibuprofen with caffeine

caburrid
10-09-2009, 17:41
Thanks guys and Lulu! I ended up taking an Ibuprofen 600 and Tylenol and washed it down with a quick Coke. It is still here today, but much, much better than last night. It must be the stress from the kiddos crawling making my head hurt!

Aquatrax
10-09-2009, 17:49
Divorce, worked for me!

emt
10-09-2009, 18:18
That little one doesn't look like a big crawler? Is that the one your talking about with the "stress from the kiddos crawling?" That's about the size one of mine was when I took a picture of him in the kitchen sink, turning the water on & off while taking a bath. The kid loved turning the water on & off.

emt
10-09-2009, 18:23
Sugar, caffeine,aspirin or ibuprofen or naproxen taken with food, acetaminophen if needed. Fluids. Probably try decreasing salt. Daily exercise. Sunlight exposure (get outside some). And watch something funny like Glee....My spouse likes excedrin which is a combo product...

scubadiver888
10-09-2009, 20:36
I have pretty severe migraines and had to get a prescription of Imitrex. I originally tried Zomig but had a really bad reaction to it. See if your doctor or a walk in clinic can provide a sample. These pills are not cheap ($12 to $20 a pill). I have a friend who has a bad reaction to Imitrex but is fine with Zomig. Each person is different. Find out which one works for you. Keep a couple of the pills around once you know which works for you.

Before I find Imitrex I found that I could control them with diet. This is different for each person but for a lot of people taking an iron supplement helps (Fer-in-sol is a strong iron solution; takes like licking a rusty bumper but works for me).

rmkrause
10-10-2009, 16:01
A ex-boss of mine had great success with acupuncture for chronic migraines - she had a list of adverse reactions to the drug combination she was on. She figured she had nothing to lose, tried acupuncture and within a few sessions was able to come off her meds.

Lulubelle
10-10-2009, 19:35
A ex-boss of mine had great success with acupuncture for chronic migraines - she had a list of adverse reactions to the drug combination she was on. She figured she had nothing to lose, tried acupuncture and within a few sessions was able to come off her meds.

Indeed, acupuncture is well known to help with migraines. Might be hard to get in to treat an acute event, but can help mightily with reducing intensity and frequency.