PDA

View Full Version : Diving at Tenkiller Aug 30 - Sep 2

fire diver
08-29-2007, 20:45
I have posted this in a seperate thread under "midwest" here at ST, as well as at SB. I will be at TK diving my butt off for 4 days. I would love to meet and dive with some new people, so if anyone is close by, come on out. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon. If you respond here before I leave, I'll PM you some info, and maybe we can meet.

FD

Disneymom
08-31-2007, 16:45
I've been off the boards for the past few days and didn't catch this post! FD, hope to see you down there.
I'm going this weekend. Anyone else? Would like to meet some ST Okies, and need a buddy for Sunday a.m..

mpd525
08-31-2007, 17:08
We're in be there at Tim's at 10 if not earlier, and then we're gonna try to get 3 to 4 dive, and a couple monday. We should all just meet at tim's at 10 and do the formal introductions thing, but that's up to you guys. FD, and Disneymom, i've sent both of you my phone number so give me call.

fire diver
09-02-2007, 18:39
Alrighty! Well, it's Sunday evening, and I guess I'm the first one back.

Had a great time! MPD525, Disneymom and her husband (sorry, I can't remember your screen name) showed on Sunday. Always good to meet new people. The vis pretty well sucked, but the diving was still good in my opinion.

Hopefully, we can meet again for some more dives. Surely the vis will be improved, it can't get much worse!

FD

jwdizney
09-02-2007, 22:44
FD, MPD525 & significant other- great to meet you guys! it's good to see that dive "buddys" aren't just another body in the head count! i look forward to completing my OW and diving with all you guys! I appreciate how you all, even with various levels of dive experience, were helpful to each other, (including DISNEYMOM, my special "dive buddy to be")

mpd525
09-03-2007, 09:17
Hey we had a great time too, we're heading back out in about 15 minutes. FD sorry we didn't get to dive with you more, we'll make up for that next time. By the way we bought julie the sherwood luna. Hopefully she'll like it today. It was good to meet some other dive buddy's as well.

I'm really looking forward to the cleanup next weekend, i did get the low down of the hotspots from Tim. And we're probably gonna need the boat at least one day.

Talk to you guys soon.

Lincoln

Disneymom
09-03-2007, 09:18
We're still down here, but not diving this morning.

It was great to meet you guys, I concur that the vis sucked but it was still fun diving. Look forward to diving with you all again.

fire diver
09-03-2007, 09:43
Hey we had a great time too, we're heading back out in about 15 minutes. FD sorry we didn't get to dive with you more, we'll make up for that next time. By the way we bought julie the sherwood luna. Hopefully she'll like it today. It was good to meet some other dive buddy's as well.

I'm really looking forward to the cleanup next weekend, i did get the low down of the hotspots from Tim. And we're probably gonna need the boat at least one day.

Talk to you guys soon.

Lincoln

It's all good. I just found it funny that we passed each other on the ramp before introductions.

If I had more gas, I would have dove some more, but I used my last tank on that dive. Plus I was ready to get back home after 4 days.

Doing a cleanup dive? Trashiest spot I've ever seen was at the "party cove" straight across from snake creek. It's only about 30 foot max depth, but vis will only be about 1-2 feet and lots of stumps / logs.

The swimming / diving spot just around the bend from the dive park is pretty trashed too. This would be around towards the cove. Bring gloves! lots of glass.

FD

MagnaBoxer
09-03-2007, 10:38
...but I've got two more days in the middle east before my shift ends and I can come home. The desert is definately not a good place to be when all you are looking forward to is diving. Never been to Tenkiller but am making plans to head there with the family on the 21st of September for the weekend. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

mpd525
09-03-2007, 19:40
well, we'll be glad for you to be back diving. Disneymom, you still planning on the cleanup next weekend? If so i'll call tim and reserve us a bunch of tanks.

I sure enjoyed meeting everybody.

FD your right that was kinda funny, and i don't really blame you for wanting to head back for the house. I'd probably be sick of that place after 4 days myself.

On the plus side, me and julie did 4 dives today, and finally on the last dive, she started to figure out the bouyancy thing. And she finally relaxed, and started having fun, and her air consumption started to get alot better.

The viz this morning was about 10 feet, and by the time we left at 3pm, it was down to about 4 feet because of the people swimming. It finally cleared up at about 25 feet.

1 more think FD, i finally found the monument today.

Disneymom
09-03-2007, 21:07
congrats to Julie for getting more comfortable!! It just takes practice....

As of now, I do want to come this upcoming weekend - give me a couple days to confirm. I really do want to do the cleanup, just need to make sure I can be away another weekend.

hoop
09-03-2007, 21:19
...but I've got two more days in the middle east before my shift ends and I can come home. The desert is definately not a good place to be when all you are looking forward to is diving. Never been to Tenkiller but am making plans to head there with the family on the 21st of September for the weekend. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Glad you're coming to the house!! Thank you for your service, and I would love to get a dive in with you if you need a buddy.......! Drop a line anytime, and again, Thank You!

Rascal1933
09-03-2007, 21:43
Sounds like as OK divers just thought we were landlocked :smiley2:

Magnaboxer, I'am betting that you are more than ready to get out of the Desert.
Let us know when you hit the red dirt of the Sooner state!

Regards,
Rascal

mpd525
09-03-2007, 22:00
hoop are interested in coming down for the cleanup, shoot me a pm, and we'll try to set something up. I'm sure disneymom wouldn't mind another dive buddy.

Magnaboxer, make sure you let me know when your coming in. I've got the 3 tanks on me. Being a "desert" veteran myself, i know how you feel.

MagnaBoxer
09-04-2007, 10:45
Sorry folks. I'm not in the military although I respect our enlisted servicemen and women immensely. Just another misplaced Okie oilfield worker who works on rotation hence my mention of my shift ending. Should have made that more clear and apologize for not doing so. Had no intentions of leading anyone to think otherwise and hope I can meet up with some of you soon.

hoop
09-04-2007, 10:50
No worries! I just misunderstood.... Glad you're coming home anyways!

mpd525
09-04-2007, 21:20
yep same here, that place sucks either way.

fire diver
09-04-2007, 21:52
Ugh! this stinks. Just got back from picking up my prescription. I got an ear infection from my diving at Tenkiller. I noticed an "odd" feeling yesterday, but just thought maybe it was from equalizing so many times. Then today it starts hurting, and the pain begins moving down the eustation tube. Went to the doc, and sure enough I got an infection. I am starting to NOT like warm water diving. Give me freezing cold water. Bacteria can't grow very well in that!

FD

mpd525
09-04-2007, 22:53
My right ear kinda hurts if i put a little pressure on it with a finger or a q tip or something. Guess i just need not put anything around it. If it ain't better in a day or 2 i'll be at the doc.

But i'll be back diving, saturday

Disneymom
09-05-2007, 07:49
OK, there's something in the water. Literally. My left ear (my problem ear) is a little sore today - at first I just thought it was allergies, because I had an awful sinus headache yesterday, but it's feeling like it did earlier this summer - 2 infections in that ear already. Silly me, left my 'ear beer' at home and didn't use it this weekend. If it doesn't clear up, I'll have to see the doc and I won't be diving this weekend - tried that with an ear infection once - not fun.

fire diver
09-05-2007, 08:06
Yeah I thought about making up an ear wash to take, but I didn't. Now I wish I had. Bummer that all of us got hit. I wonder how many other divers / swimmers got it?

FD

mpd525
09-05-2007, 16:58
well it's official i've got an ear infection, going to tthe doc. tom, to get some antibiotics, but i'm still gonna dive this weekend, unless it really starts to bother me.

Disneymom, FD, do you think it could be from all the idiots that were swimming in the NON-SWIMMING SCUBA PARK.

You should have seen those moron's Monday, you literally had to push them off the boat ramp to get fins on, and to come back out. I thought i was gonna have to fight that whole family at one point.

And someone's gonna have to give me the recipe for the ear beer, i also heard everclear in the ear works too. Anybody heard that one.

mpd525
09-05-2007, 17:31
Amazingly enough, Julie isn't having any problems. Maybe it's that New BC she got. MMMM, maybe i can use that to get my own.

Disneymom
09-05-2007, 18:30
mpd, the ear beer is 50% rubbing alcohol and 50% white vinegar. Some people add oils or glycerine to keep from overdrying. There's an ear beer thread somewhere on here. I'll try to find it.

mpd525
09-05-2007, 20:17
thanks, so your out this weekend, probably not a bad idea considering it's supposed to rain all weekend. I still haven't found out what time my stupid football game is either.