PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom computer battery problem

MaryJo
10-13-2009, 09:27
Ready to dive in Mexico and battery is low. So changed it (5 different batteries) and still low. Took it back to Denver and batteries are all fine - ?? So back to Riviera Maya and try to start up computer - low battery again - ?? What's wrong here?

ScubaToys Larry
10-13-2009, 10:09
That is something wrong with that one then.... You'll have to take it back where you got it and have them send it back. If you got it from us, we'll take care of it.

scubadiver888
10-13-2009, 10:34
Ready to dive in Mexico and battery is low. So changed it (5 different batteries) and still low. Took it back to Denver and batteries are all fine - ?? So back to Riviera Maya and try to start up computer - low battery again - ?? What's wrong here?

You might want to check out Sherwood Scuba Help (http://www.sherwoodscuba.com/help.php) and see if you can get some help through proper channels.

The one thing which strikes me is the altitude. When you are at home (altitude over 5000 feet) it works fine. When you are in Riviera Maya (low altitude; zero?) it tells you low battery.

I know the computer is effected by altitude (as all good dive computers should be). This should not have any bearing on the battery however. This makes me think there is something wrong with your dive computer.

Was the new o-ring designed specifically for the Wisdom? Are there settings for altitude you can change? Other than that I'd suspect you need to send it in for service.

ScubaToys Larry
10-13-2009, 11:43
You might want to check out Sherwood Scuba Help (http://www.sherwoodscuba.com/help.php) and see if you can get some help through proper channels.

Their help says to contact the authorized dealer you bought it through... that's it...

scubadiver888
10-13-2009, 11:47
There is a link for entering a comment as well. If your dealer cannot help you can always enter something into the comment form and someone gets back to you.

Arctic Mike
10-13-2009, 12:40
As Larry said, your best option is to return it to the authorized dealer that you purchased it from. Sherwood has been good about replacing mine.....5 times now!:smiley11:

No Misses
10-13-2009, 13:56
As Larry said, your best option is to return it to the authorized dealer that you purchased it from. Sherwood has been good about replacing mine.....5 times now!:smiley11:

It had to be shipped back 5 times! Ouch. That is not a ringing endorcement.

No Misses
10-13-2009, 13:58
My Aeris used to show low battery when it first powered up. But, sometime during the first dive it would go to normal and stay there for the rest of the day. I'm just say'in. Maybe sherwood is the same?

keyshunter
10-14-2009, 05:59
Maryjo,
Were the 5 different batteries all the same brand? Some time ago, I read on Scuba Board that Pelagic computers (Oceanic, Aeris, Sherwood) were somehow sensitive to different brands of batteries. You might try a search over there to see which brands were thought to be least troublesome.