PDA

View Full Version : ? on Uwatec Smart COM

SHAGGY
08-29-2007, 22:01
I have read my owners manuel many many times and it still seems unclear on one issue. I started noticing that my tank psi was always lower than the guys I dove with that were just using the standard air gauges at the start of a dive. From what I can tell is that the manuel states that the Smart COM figures the tank psi as if it were 68 degrees outside and that it will read lower than the manuel gauge because the manuel gauge reads the psi at the current temp. I have noticed on average from 200-350 psi differences on mine compared to manuel psi gauges on the same tank. So,.... do they both have the same amount of air, or is my smart com actually reading whats in the tank?

SHAGGY
08-30-2007, 12:28
Hummmmmmm I guess I'm alone on this one then,.......

reefugee
08-30-2007, 12:46
I never knew the Uwatec did this. However, if you look on page 33 of the manual, it will show you a graph. Find the water temperature that you are diving in, and see if the difference is correct.

BTW - how accurate are mechanical gauge?

SHAGGY
08-30-2007, 13:58
I never knew the Uwatec did this. However, if you look on page 33 of the manual, it will show you a graph. Find the water temperature that you are diving in, and see if the difference is correct.

BTW - how accurate are mechanical gauge?

Yeah I noticed that chart on page 33. I guess that I would have liked for it to have given an accurate "real time", psi reading instead of that, because in essence it robs you of a few hundred psi. I guess in time I will get used to it though.

jba2905
01-02-2009, 05:14
This is really interesting as I have just got the Smart Z and when I was diving this week I noticed that there was some variation with the pressure.

Started out 212 then it went down to about 192 then back up to like 198 when I went into the water!

Im pretty new with this but it is interesting to note!

Regards,

James