PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Photography & Videography

GMDGeek
10-15-2009, 07:36
Been cruising around the forums and have not seen an dedicated area for Photography. Not sure if that is because it is not huge or if I am just missing the area that it is posted in. I'm curious as to what volume or feedback there would be if there was a dedicated forum area for Underwater Photography...

Reason I ask is I am an avid photographer on dry land and am looking to delv into Underwater Photography and want to get feedback from those with experience in the area before I spend $4-$5K on camera gear.

Thanks,
Gerry

DevilDiver
10-15-2009, 08:10
http://forum.scubatoys.com/underwater-photo/

GMDGeek
10-15-2009, 08:18
Thats what I was looking for - thanks :)

DevilDiver
10-15-2009, 08:48
No problem!!

Welcome to the board!

CompuDude
10-15-2009, 10:42
And, as nice as the people are here on this board, if you're really serious, you should spend some time at Wetpixel.com :: Underwater Photography and Videography (http://www.wetpixel.com) where the pros hang out.

scubadiver888
10-15-2009, 11:38
This is funny. I just logged in to post a question relating to photography. At the main list of forums I scanned the page (CTRL-F) for 'photography' and found this thread. There is nothing on the main forum web page that says 'photography'.

Once I read DevilDiver's post I searched for 'photo' and found it. I think I'll post this in website suggestions.

clavicl3
10-15-2009, 13:45
What kind of UW gear are you planning on buying?

scubadiver888
10-15-2009, 14:43
What kind of UW gear are you planning on buying?

I have a Nikon P6000 camera. So I was thinking about getting an Ikelite system. The housing with a DS51 strobe and the W-20 wide angle adapter. I've been told there are better arms out there then what comes from Ikelite. So I'm still deciding what kind of arm for the strobe.

My wife has a Nikon D300. The plan is to play around with the P6000 for a year or two. Once my wife upgrades her D300 to something newer, I plan on keeping her D300 body and getting equipment for it. That will probably be a few years down the road.