PDA

View Full Version : Why are Zeagle BP have sharp edges

Aussie
08-30-2007, 05:58
I had a look at my twin set the other day and notice that the webbing was getting cut by the edge and slots of the backplate.

The edges of all my backplates are sharp and need to grounded off so that they dont cut through the webbing.

Dont you think Zeagle should have the edges and internal slots grounded back so that the webbing doesnt get sliced?

Aussie

mm_dm
08-30-2007, 08:09
There are alot of backplates that come that way, not just Zeagle. You either have to buy one that's already been 'coined' in production or get out the Dremel and sandpaper. Some people cut small loops from a 2" bicycle inner tube and thread the onto the harness and in the slots so that they protect the webbing. It takes a pretty large tear for the webbing to lose integrity, BTW.

ScottZeagle
08-30-2007, 08:30
That is something that we have been working to improve on. The first generation of Zeagle BPs had some pretty sharp edges, but since that time we have made huge steps towards a duller edge...and we will continue to try and improve upon it!

Like "mm dm" said, it does take a pretty large tear in the webbing for it to lose its integrity!

Thanks for the feedback.

Scott

mm_dm
08-30-2007, 09:47
Hope I didn't step on your toes Scott. I was just looking down the list and found a question I liked, not paying attention to the forum.

ScottZeagle
08-30-2007, 10:49
Hope I didn't step on your toes Scott. I was just looking down the list and found a question I liked, not paying attention to the forum.

Not at all!!

I actually prefer for other people to get involved in these threads, and often they will answer the question before I even get a chance to see it!!!

Feel free to jump in anytime!

Scott