PDA

View Full Version : Free flow

Xspect
08-30-2007, 07:36
I just got my reg service and it free flowed everytime it hit the water.

It breathed great other wise. Is the benefit of having it turn down worth the minor trouble of grabbing the reg every time I hit the water

awap
08-30-2007, 09:49
If you are talking your primary, I'd just be more careful in handling it - like keep it in your mouth. If it is your alternate, then care is still the first choice, but if that is a PITA, then have it detuned slightly.

One word of caution: Depending on the model, if it is on the too sensetive side now, it will probably give you even more problems as time goes by and the seat takes a bit of a set.

BSea
08-30-2007, 09:54
If you are talking your primary, I'd just be more careful in handling it - like keep it in your mouth. If it is your alternate, then care is still the first choice, but if that is a PITA, then have it detuned slightly.

One word of caution: Depending on the model, if it is on the too sensetive side now, it will probably give you even more problems as time goes by and the seat takes a bit of a set.
This is exactly right. I think whoever serviced it tuned it too fine. Tuning is pretty easy. Larry gave some instructions in an earlier post on just how to do this without any special tools. I only would suggest this if your dealer isn't close by. Unless you're the handy type who likes to do things like this.

Edit: Heres the link http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=1240

Xspect
08-30-2007, 18:49
[
One word of caution: Depending on the model, if it is on the too sensetive side now, it will probably give you even more problems as time goes by and the seat takes a bit of a set.[/quote]

Its a scubapro s555.

This is exactly right. I think whoever serviced it tuned it too fine.

I'm going to take it back to tune it down a notch.

Tuning is pretty easy. Larry gave some instructions in an earlier post on just how to do this without any special tools. I only would suggest this if your dealer isn't close by. Unless you're the handy type who likes to do things like this.

Too expensive of a tool to tinker with. Plus its my life support.

Edit: Heres the link http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=1240[/quote]

awap
08-30-2007, 20:11
[Its a scubapro s555.

I'm going to take it back to tune it down a notch.

With an S600, you could detune it a half turn or so on the user adjustment knob and it would be fine.

But it sounds like you have a well tuned S555. Viiolent freeflows on the surface as a loose HP reg is submerged, mouthpiece up, are to be expected if the reg is properly tuned. I'd try turning the VIVA control to MIN until you are submerged. You could even just leave it there unless you notice the difference in performance. The LP seat on the Scubapro balanced poppet is fairly resistant to taking much of a set so the problem may not get worse in time with your S555.

Xspect
08-31-2007, 12:21
Ok, thanks...

Maybe I'll try just that. It breaths great underwater.