PDA

View Full Version : st croix diving trip in Nov. Any must see's?

HDTRAVELER
08-30-2007, 10:38
going to st croix in November anyone been there that can give some dive tips?

scubasavvy
08-30-2007, 10:55
i had a friend that went to st. croix and loved it. so the best advice i can give you is enjoy your time there...

drdiver
08-30-2007, 10:59
Was there a few years ago. Cane Bay/Salt River wall system has the stand out dive sites, but there are other good spots east of Christiansted. The cruise ship pier at Frederiksted is a good night dive. There are a couple of wrecks on the west side of the island. St. Croix Ultimate Blue Adventures is a good op. I've heard good things about Cane Bay Scuba as well.

jmb
08-31-2007, 14:10
Cane Bay Dive Shop was terrific - very friendly staff and extremely helpful. I was staying at the Divi Resort without a car and they made arrangements for getting me over to the dive sites - usually a ride with one of the staff members. The boats were great - small inflatables where the floor in front zipped open and all you had to do was sit on the edge and roll forward into the water. To exit, you just suface within the opening, the crew takes your gear and you give a fin kick back up into the boat. Really makes it easy !
Their location at Cane Bay is also very close to the "Off the Wall Beach Bar" which was a great place for lunch between dives or to relax with a drink after. Very casual with an awesome view right on the water - picnic tables in the sand, and no need to change out of your swim suit and coverup.
We bought some Cruzan rum in town at a good price - but then I heard it would have been even cheaper at Kmart ! If you're comfortable driving on the left, I would suggest renting a car as cabs were expensive, and it is beautiful even just driving around the island.

scubasamurai
08-31-2007, 14:41
give us a report on the dives and site and operator . i am planning some trips to the islands and looking around there. just waiting for spirit airlines to get some good rates.

ScaredSilly
08-31-2007, 21:22
Would also reccomend Cane Bay. We stayed at one of their Cabanas. Highly reccomend a night dive at NorthStar. Dive it in the day then do it that night.