PDA

View Full Version : Mask Leak Sealant / Dive Right In ROCKS!

Divalicious
10-21-2009, 19:00
Hi all!

I want to give a shout out to Mike at Dive Right In Scuba in Indiana, specifically, this product:

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/maskleaksealant14oz-p-1815.html

Mr. D and I are pretty new to diving, but he had this completely bizarre "mask issue," which made him kind of iffy on taking up the sport. Basically, no matter what he did, he couldn't keep a decent seal on his mask. He was checked out by a few really good dive instructors, but no one could figure out what it was.

We tried several masks, and to no avail. He doesn't have a beard. No serious smile lines. Strap wasn't too tight. He has a wide face, and is on the "big and husky" side, but he isn't like OMG - FREAK ALIEN guy. If I had to guess, I think he was breaking the seal blowing out bubbles from his reg.

Anyway, I finally stumbled across this product on a thread and gave it a shot. IT WORKED LIKE A CHAMP!!

So, if anyone encounters someone with a freak mask leak problem, definitely give them a jingle.

Jack Hammer
10-21-2009, 21:39
They're a good shop. I think you'll find similar products at many online shops. I always kinda thought the mask sealant was a gimmick, but's that's really not based on anything other than my impressions. Glad to hear it worked for someone.

(btw, DRIS is in Illinois :))