PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Lake Saturday

Vlane
10-21-2009, 22:03
Would anyone be interested in diving around the North Park area on Saturday? Wanting to try and dive in the morning if possible, but I can be somewhat flexible.

Flatliner
10-22-2009, 10:02
Vlane,

I will be there Tuesday through Friday morning with my family. Staying in a house about 5 min from C&J. If you would like to dive any during the week, send me a PM.

BTW. Will I still be OK with a 5mm right now?

Vlane
10-22-2009, 12:46
Mornings I couldn't do because of class, but I could maybe do an afternoon or two if you were up for it.

As far as a 5mm you would might be ok in a 5mm depending on your tolerance for cold. I was there 2 weeks ago in a 7mm and I was fine, however, with the cool weather it's probably cooled the lake down some. I'd ask Jim over at C&J, he could tell you better than I could.

Flatliner
10-22-2009, 14:14
I asked Jim. I have a pretty good cold tolenance but Jim is the guy who dives a 3mm in February while cutting wood with an underwater chain saw so I wasn't sure he was the best guide.

I would love to dive with you some afternoons. I will be there as will my 13 y/o son. The house we rented has a hot tub on the deck too so recovery will be pretty nice!

Vlane
10-22-2009, 16:23
Yea, I forgot to mention that whatever Jim says you may want to add another 1-2mm to it sorry about that haha.

I'll have to see what I can work out next week, Wednesday is a no go though. I'll send you a PM this weekend when I get it figured out.