PDA

View Full Version : Tusa Zoom Fins vs Aeris Velocity Fin

porsche060
08-30-2007, 13:52
Any personal advice on which to choose? I heard the Aeris is a hybrid which is you get the best of both worlds

mike_s
08-30-2007, 14:04
I've got the Tusa zoom's and I'm happy with them. The only thing is that if you try to kick very hard from a complete stop, then the fins will "burn out" from to much thrust and no movement. Not a big deal though.

For some reason I don't have leg cramping with these fins like I've had with some others.

If I was to go to a drysuit, I'd most likely want a heavier set of fins though as you've got more drag to overcome with thrust.

note: I've heard the 'black only' colored fins are a little stiffer if you need a stiffer version of this.

while this isn't a comparison like you really wanted, I hope it's at least some helpful info.

-mike

CrzyJay456
08-31-2007, 16:42
the tusa are good for me, helps me keep up with my BF (6'0foot and pretty quick) and his Brother (6'4 and kicks like a horse)

MEL-DC Diver
08-31-2007, 19:34
I have the velocity and they have treated me well. The straps were tearing up my fingers on multiple dives (though, this is not particular to the Aeris fins), so I threw on some spring straps and all is well. They do rebound quickly from any awkward storage position as well, and as you would expect the blades soften over time. Still, no complaints.

scubasamurai
08-31-2007, 20:18
haven't had the chance to give either a try, but let s know if some has them. i am in the market for a new set of fins myself and heard about the splits

Vercingetorix
09-05-2007, 14:23
I've used the Aeris Velocity hybrid fins since day one. They provide the perfect balance of power and maneuverability. From a standing start, one quick flick and I launch. If I need to move "just a bit", a simple flick from the knees propels me forward. The fins do well when frog-kicking as well.

I do, sometimes, get cramps. I don't blame the fin for this. I've cramped when lifting a heavy load off the bottom (for instance, rescuing a "victim" during class).

I highly recommend this fin.

mulefeathers
09-07-2007, 14:00
I use the Tusa. Really enjoy them easy feel no cramps. Started out with the Mares Plana Avanti Quattro cramped with them. I also dove with the scuba pro twin jet. All in all I really would recommend the Tusa X-pert Zoom fins.

Foo2
09-07-2007, 14:28
I also have the Velocity fins. They work great to me...although, they are the only ones I've ever tried, so I can't really compare them to anything else.

creggur
09-07-2007, 15:00
Love my Zooms....I think they accelerate quite nicely.. It's the only fin I've used so I can't compare.

Bill22
09-26-2007, 18:59
I have the Tusa X-Pert Zoom's... Really like them. In the past, I used the old US Divers Rocket Fins and Cressi Sub Rondine Gamma which were both similar design in that they were both "Jet/Rocket" type fins.

The Rocket Fins were all rubber and worked really well for me. The Cressi Subs were one of the earlier composite designs, rubber foot pocket, with the remainder of the fin being plastic. This of course was all back in the day before split fins were around (We're talking 70's and 80's here ;-)

Hard to give a really good comparison since it's been so long, but I can say that I'm very happy with my Tusa's.