PDA

View Full Version : Reg service at...SCUBA Toys

DivingCRNA
08-30-2007, 16:17
I just got my regs back (3 sets---How did THAT HAPPEN!:smilie39:) for SCUBA Toys. I think they were only gone a week, maybe 8 or 9 days and they are back and look great. The receipt even has the crack pressures and intermediate pressures documented.

The bill was hefty, but that was my fault. I made the switch to DIN because I have friends (:FIREdevil:) that are pulling me to the dark (tek) side. It would have been quite reasonable if I had just settled for service. I got to thinking about blowing an O ring at 150 feet and decide a change was in order.

I have bought a handful of stuff from these guys and never been disappointed.

Thanks!:luxhello:

CrzyJay456
08-30-2007, 16:47
has anyone ever been dissapointed with these guys?
aways read about top notch service, and always the best comments about the staff.

Zenagirl
08-31-2007, 06:14
I had a service problem with them earlier this year, but Joe resolved it perfectly so I was happy in the end. Before that they also had a little trouble with my husband's reg order, but resolved that too. SB isn't perfect and they definitely make mistakes, but it's the way they work to resolve things to the customer's satisfaction that's the mark of excellence. I'm a big fan because of that.

Charlotte Smith
08-31-2007, 06:47
ST have always done a good job for me! I even got a tank boot that one of the guys forgot to send me last year even tough I wasn't all that worried about it, Larry and Joe made it right....much appreciation for good people!

Divegirl
09-01-2007, 00:15
Does anyone know if I get a deal to have my reg serviced at ST, I bought it from them last year????

woody
09-01-2007, 03:44
Does anyone know if I get a deal to have my reg serviced at ST, I bought it from them last year????

Yes you do. I'm pretty sure it's still fee parts for life.

Xspect
09-01-2007, 13:06
dumb question about ST reg service. Is the $49 per stage ? I know it isnt for a whole setup (first stage, second stage, and octo)

ScubaToys Larry
09-01-2007, 13:34
dumb question about ST reg service. Is the $49 per stage ? I know it isnt for a whole setup (first stage, second stage, and octo)

Uh... Yea... It is. The entire reg setup - 1st, 2nd and octo. $49.95 and parts are free if it's under warranty from the manufacturer or if purchased from us. You pay the shipping to us (about 5 bucks) we pay the shipping back. And normally 3 day turn around or less.

Zenagirl
09-01-2007, 15:55
Well dang, it used to be $39.95....guess it can't stay that cheap forever. ;)

CrzyJay456
09-01-2007, 19:27
with popularity comes high demands... and then high work loads, so they can charge more.
supply and demand! (economics, high school)

greyzen
09-01-2007, 19:29
inflation determines margins sometimes as well...

kevinj1
09-01-2007, 23:29
I will definitely be purchasing my next reg setup through ST-------They are amazing.

chewyjr15
09-02-2007, 00:53
i canot wait to make my 1st purchase from st

Manny-R
09-02-2007, 20:24
i canot wait to make my 1st purchase from st

on the same boat as you!

my friend talks about them so damn much!

Divegirl
09-03-2007, 01:37
Not sure why that was a DUMB question, but anyway thanks for the input. I know I should have read all that good stuff when I bought my gear from ST, however I was so excited to have my own gear, and the other stuff didn't matter at the time. Forgot the warranty stuff,
that is why my hubby takes good care of me. LOL

Now I know, I will send it in after this season. I should do this every year Correct???

Zenagirl
09-03-2007, 07:51
You should definitely have your regs serviced every year, and if you have an AI computer with a QD feature, the o-ring on that should be changed annually too. Whether or not you choose to have your BC serviced annually is up to you.