PDA

View Full Version : Canon S90 housing

bversteegh
10-25-2009, 17:29
Considering the new Canon S90 as an UW camera for my wife and a backup to my DSLR rig. My old Fuji 810 backup is getting very flaky, not sure how much longer I can trust it.

Will probably wait for the Ike housing to become available - but mildly interested in the Canon housing as they are so small and we are diving in mid-December; so need a housing that is available in early December.

Question - do the Canon housings have a threaded mounting hole in the bottom so I can attach a tray to mount external strobes to? Not interested at all if I can't attach a tray/and or a decent mounting for an external strobe. Thanks in advance.

chinacat46
10-25-2009, 18:30
I have a little SD900 and a Canon UW case and it does have the thread you want.

CompuDude
10-25-2009, 19:53
Canon housings all have a tripod mount hole.

It's a shame that they're not shipping for the S90 just yet.

It's looking like the Ikelite housing could very well beat the Canon housing to market! Ike will be released "Early November" per their website. No word from Canon on the OEM housings just yet. Could be tomorrow, could be...???

DevilDiver
10-25-2009, 21:24
:smiley36:

Well...the honeymoon trip was not that long ago but I guess it is time for another trip. :smiley32: Where are you off to this time?

The only thing I would say about the Canon housing is if you plan to add a strobe you will probably be stuck with one of the one sided tape/Velcro connections or having to use a optical slave sensor like the Ike AF35. You would have no problem adding the tray.......

If you get the S90 please post a review, I know there are a lot of people with their eye on this camera.

bversteegh
10-25-2009, 23:11
We went and played with it at Best Buy after church this morning - I really like it. Looks like a great topside camera when I don't want to mess with lugging my 40D and lens around. focus speed and shutter lag were very good - and the front control ring seems pretty intuitive.

I did go to the Ike site today - and they have updated their S90 listing from under evaluation to early November delivery - just like Compudude said - so I'm a happy camper. Rather have an Ike housing, I was just afraid it wouldn't be out yet.

We're heading to Cozumel the first week of Christmas vacation (leaving on the 18th). I haven't been there since 2003 - so will be interesting to see what shape the reef is in.

I'll probably get the camera next week, so I'll write a review once I've had a chance to play a little.

CompuDude
10-26-2009, 00:59
I've had the S90 for over a week now, but I've only played with it a little topside, obviously, since there's no housing for it yet. Wife broke my S80. :(

Very happy with the quality of the photos so far, and it seems to have great low-light performance, so I look forward to finally getting a housing so I can take it on a dive.

Bill
11-01-2009, 18:41
The Ike site now has all the details on the new housing ! Not sure when they will start shipping, but pictures show it to be a compact case. I am getting one ordered this week.

clavicl3
11-02-2009, 01:32
has anyone compared this camera to the canon g11?

CompuDude
11-02-2009, 17:17
In some ways, the S90 is actually better than the G11. (faster lens, smaller size, a few other details) In other ways, not so much. They both use the same 10mp sensor, I believe.

I'm not happy with the Ikelite housing, surprising to say. Based on details on the site and a couple of exchanges with Ikelite, of course... it's not shipping until mid-late November. I may end up with the OEM housing... assuming they actually ship it one of these days.

Bill
11-02-2009, 19:44
What don't you like about the Ike housing ?

DevilDiver
11-02-2009, 22:00
In some ways, the S90 is actually better than the G11. (faster lens, smaller size, a few other details) In other ways, not so much. They both use the same 10mp sensor, I believe.

I'm not happy with the Ikelite housing, surprising to say. Based on details on the site and a couple of exchanges with Ikelite, of course... it's not shipping until mid-late November. I may end up with the OEM housing... assuming they actually ship it one of these days.

Reef has the Ike housing for sale and no mention of it not shipping yet. On the Ike page it looks like they suggest optical slave sensors for the strobe sync. Is this right?

Shows a 67mm threaded port for lenses though, can you imagine a $500 fisheye conversion lens on the $300 housing?

Is there any way to take advantage of the control ring with the camera housed or was this just over looked?

The offering for the Ike housing for the G11 has the same port and W/A issues as the G10, unfortunatly....

clavicl3
11-02-2009, 22:12
it is amazing how the uw housing for such a small camera like the s90 can still allow functionality and usability of the camera.

DevilDiver
11-02-2009, 22:34
In some ways, the S90 is actually better than the G11. (faster lens, smaller size, a few other details) In other ways, not so much. .

Question on the lens......

The S90 lens @ F2.0 vs G11 @F2.8 will give you 1 stop (double the light) but for U/W where the foreground exposure is controlled by the strobes would this be a big factor?

Plus the G11 offers shutter speed up to 1/4000 vs the S90 at 1/1600 with the G11's macro focus range @ 1cm with 140mm vs the S90 @ 105MM.

I am not sure I could say the the S90 is better unless the wide angle (both 28mm) wet lens offering for the S90 housings could get you a true W/A view but this is still dependent on the housing and available lenses not the camera.

Not putting down either camera, I like features on both and the test shots I have seen so far have been impressive. I have actually been looking at these as options, not that I need to spend any $$ right now.

clavicl3
11-02-2009, 23:04
I would probably say that the 2.0 vs. 2.8 would give the S90 an edge but one thing that really draws me to the G11 would be the ISO and EV dials on the camera. If the UW housing allows good access to these dials, it would make making adjustments underwater much easier. Also, the G11 can take RAW pics.

CompuDude
11-02-2009, 23:06
What don't you like about the Ike housing ?

I don't like the price. But I could probably live with it.

I don't care for the clamshell design. But I could probably live with it.

I don't like that you can't see the o-ring all the way around. But I could probably live with it.

I don't like the positioning of the front ring control dial in the front of the camera, facing front. At least Canon's OEM housing faces to the side. But I could probably live with it.

I don't like the fact that you can't control the back control dial. But I could probably live with it. (and to be fair, Canon's OEM housing has the same issue)

And most importantly, for me:

I don't like that it's set up for 67mm threaded add-on lenses, and unlike it's predecessor you can't use AD bayonet-mount lenses with it (all my lenses are AD mount). I'll have to sell all my AD mount lenses and buy 67mm threaded ones instead... which are a huge PITA to connect underwater, by comparison. But I could probably live with it.

I could probably live with any of these little drawbacks. Except when you add them all together, it becomes a LOT harder to deal with.

I'm more inclined, at the moment, to try to find a used S80 to replace the one my wife broke, and continue using my current setup until things are fixed.

DevilDiver
11-06-2009, 22:48
DEMA 2009:
A Fisheye G11 prototype housing was on display ($1099, when it ships). The Fisheye G10 housing was Backscatter's most popular housing last year, and G11 looks like a great upgrade. The rear control dial and the housing latch have both been improved.

A Fisheye housing for the Canon S90 is coming soon ($600-700 retail).

CompuDude
11-06-2009, 23:47
DEMA 2009:
A Fisheye G11 prototype housing was on display ($1099, when it ships). The Fisheye G10 housing was Backscatter's most popular housing last year, and G11 looks like a great upgrade. The rear control dial and the housing latch have both been improved.

EH?

Tell me more.

(ouch... but tell me more!)

Are you at Dema? Did a Fisheye rep tell you this? Are there photos or planned specs anywhere?

:smilie40:

Nemrod
11-07-2009, 20:20
I would probably say that the 2.0 vs. 2.8 would give the S90 an edge but one thing that really draws me to the G11 would be the ISO and EV dials on the camera. If the UW housing allows good access to these dials, it would make making adjustments underwater much easier. Also, the G11 can take RAW pics.

The S90 is as RAW capable as the G11.

I too hear rumors through a secret source that Fisheye and even Patima may have a S90 housing. I don't know if it is true or just wishful thoughts. I believe it will be 67mm threaded which is very good as the larger diameter of the Inon 67mm rear lens element works better with lenses this size (S90) than the AD type. However, just as with my 67mm Ikelite, I can and do use AD lenses with my custom AD to 67mm adapter.

Inon 165AD fisheye lens with my adapter:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/Misc%20pics/PB020148.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/Misc%20pics/PB020145.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/Misc%20pics/PB020149.jpg

Since the S90 is more adaptable to wet lenses than the G11 and has a faster lens it only makes sense that it should displace the G11 as the premier P&S for underwater use. Just needs a decent housing and use of the rear control dial and of course, the port must be 67mm threaded.

N

bversteegh
11-07-2009, 20:44
DEMA 2009:

Hey buddy - what do you know about the fisheye housing? I ordered the camera and an Ike housing last week (the Ike housing is backordered) - but a Fisheye for 600 would be very appealing; they build really nice housings. Just might cancel that Ike order if this would work out. I was guessing a fisheye would be more like $1100 - just too much for a backup/second housing. But I could probably make 600-700 work out if it will be available before our trip in December. Getting ready to do a little surfing to see what I can find out. Hope all is well with you and the family.

DevilDiver
11-09-2009, 09:59
DEMA 2009:

Hey buddy - what do you know about the fisheye housing? I ordered the camera and an Ike housing last week (the Ike housing is backordered) - but a Fisheye for 600 would be very appealing; they build really nice housings. Just might cancel that Ike order if this would work out. I was guessing a fisheye would be more like $1100 - just too much for a backup/second housing. But I could probably make 600-700 work out if it will be available before our trip in December. Getting ready to do a little surfing to see what I can find out. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Hate to say it but it looks like the S90 housing won't be out before the first of the year. The G11 is top priority considering the G9 & G10 have been top sellers for all manufactures. I would contact Backscatter or Reef Photo direct to see if you can get a better timeline. Both sell Fisheye and should have the projected release for the S90 housing.

Have a great trip, I am looking to see what I will be able to get away with in 2010. I have not got anything booked yet but am hoping to get something in Febuary to start off the year.... :smiley36:

CompuDude
11-09-2009, 12:30
DEMA 2009:

Hate to say it but it looks like the S90 housing won't be out before the first of the year. The G11 is top priority considering the G9 & G10 have been top sellers for all manufactures. I would contact Backscatter or Reef Photo direct to see if you can get a better timeline. Both sell Fisheye and should have the projected release for the S90 housing.

Have a great trip, I am looking to see what I will be able to get away with in 2010. I have not got anything booked yet but am hoping to get something in Febuary to start off the year.... :smiley36:

There's a thread on WetPixel that says the FIX S90 housing could be out by the end of the year.

New Fisheye Fix Housings for 2 Canon cameras - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums (http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33105&st=0&#entry230682)

I'm feeling tingly in my special places. :smiley9:

And just check out those wheel controls! *swoon*

DevilDiver
11-09-2009, 13:31
DEMA 2009:

Have a great trip, I am looking to see what I will be able to get away with in 2010. I have not got anything booked yet but am hoping to get something in February to start off the year.... :smiley36:

There's a thread on WetPixel that says the FIX S90 housing could be out by the end of the year.

New Fisheye Fix Housings for 2 Canon cameras - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums (http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33105&st=0&#entry230682)

I'm feeling tingly in my special places. :smiley9:

And just check out those wheel controls! *swoon*

:smiley36: Glad to hear it! Can't wait to hear how you like it, really interested to see how the S90 preforms U/W.

How will the control ring be accessed or will it need to be?

CompuDude
11-09-2009, 13:41
:smiley36: Glad to hear it! Can't wait to hear how you like it, really interested to see how the S90 preforms U/W.

How will the control ring be accessed or will it need to be?

If you look at the prototype shots in the WetPixel thread I linked above, there is a dial on the front of the camera, to the right (like the Canon OWM housing places it) to adjust the front control ring. On the back, there is another dial... it looks like they think they can make BOTH control rings fully accessible. Score!

I'm dying to get this baby underwater. It's been doing very nicely topside.

Front:
http://www.reefphoto.com/images/fixg11ands90/001.jpg
Back:
http://www.reefphoto.com/images/fixg11ands90/003.jpg

The big question remaining at this point is, are they going to screw us on the accessory connections like the Ikelite case does.

At $600-700 (early estimates) it won't be cheap, but it's still cheaper and WAY smaller (and better, I'm hoping) than going with the G11 and an Ikelite housing.

Preliminary plan, however, is to just get the dang thing underwater in a Canon OEM housing, make sure I really like it, then I'll worry about a housing upgrade down the line. I really look forward to seeing how it performs compared to my S80.

Nemrod
11-10-2009, 19:42
It appears the port is to small (in diameter) for 67mm threaded lenses and the AD type lenses probably will not work due to their small rear element diameter, guess we will just have to wait and see. They really should consider a 67mm port or removable ports even if it added expense, without the ability to use wet lenses will be a deal breaker. Maybe they have in mind a proprietary lens. N

bversteegh
11-10-2009, 22:26
I took the plunge today - pre-ordered the Fix housing through Reef Photo:smiley20:
Delivery date and final price still uncertain, but a chance we'll have it by Christmas.

Bill
11-19-2009, 18:04
I just picked up my Ike housing for the S90 at ST today. They ordered it last week and called me Tuesday saying it was in.

Now.... My current strobe and tray are not compatable. What strobe, arms and tray do you recommend ?

Bill

CompuDude
11-19-2009, 18:45
I just picked up my Ike housing for the S90 at ST today. They ordered it last week and called me Tuesday saying it was in.

Now.... My current strobe and tray are not compatable. What strobe, arms and tray do you recommend ?

Bill

What do you have currently?

Generally I'd recommend Ikelite's tray and handle plus ULCS arms, or all ULCS bits if you like their tray/arm better.

I plan to use my Inon D2000 strobe with my S90, as I have with my current S80.

Btw... post pics! (hopefully you have another camera so we can see the S90 in the housing) And let us know how well the controls work.

Bill
11-19-2009, 18:53
I am seriously upgrading from a Sealife DC600 with the SL961 strobe.

Can't help with pictures of the new housing and S90, as I have not yet bought the camera ! I have the opposite problem from you !

Bill
11-26-2009, 07:56
I just picked up a Inon D-2000 strobe and UCLS tray and arms from Reef. Still shopping for the Canon S90. Looks like they are coming down, saw two internet camera supply companies at $388 and $369. Can't wait.

I will be testing all at CSSP this spring, going on a "quickie" trip to Cozumel to get comfortable and then to Galapagos in August !

DevilDiver
11-26-2009, 08:35
I just picked up a Inon D-2000 strobe and UCLS tray and arms from Reef. Still shopping for the Canon S90. Looks like they are coming down, saw two internet camera supply companies at $388 and $369. Can't wait.

I will be testing all at CSSP this spring, going on a "quickie" trip to Cozumel to get comfortable and then to Galapagos in August !

Bill,

Let me know when you go out to CSSP this spring. I would like to check out your new set up if that is OK.

Thnx

Bill
12-07-2009, 12:58
I have every thing now and have been playing with the camera in the housing. Not having access to the back dial will be no problem at all, as all back dial functions can be exercised with the butons on the back of the camera. The back dial is just a novelty and an option to the buttons.

The strobe and arms from Reef are nice, but I am seeing a couple of issues that I can not figure out at this time. The strobe will fire with a slave, but there is not enough surface area on the Ike housing to attach the fiber optic cable to, as the housing is SMALL. Second, they want me to use the clear photo film to block light from the S90 flash, but because the flash pops up and down with each on & off of the camera, there is no where to attach the film to on the camera. Other wise, the ULCS tray, arms and clamps are super and the INON D-2000 strobe is awesome.

Just playing around with the camera, the S90 takes some super sharp images and the low light performance is exceptional.

Any thoughts on how to apply the cable to the housing, and the clear film to the flash ? Are there optional/better ways to accomplish this task ?

Bill

CompuDude
12-07-2009, 15:43
I have every thing now and have been playing with the camera in the housing. Not having access to the back dial will be no problem at all, as all back dial functions can be exercised with the butons on the back of the camera. The back dial is just a novelty and an option to the buttons.

The strobe and arms from Reef are nice, but I am seeing a couple of issues that I can not figure out at this time. The strobe will fire with a slave, but there is not enough surface area on the Ike housing to attach the fiber optic cable to, as the housing is SMALL. Second, they want me to use the clear photo film to block light from the S90 flash, but because the flash pops up and down with each on & off of the camera, there is no where to attach the film to on the camera. Other wise, the ULCS tray, arms and clamps are super and the INON D-2000 strobe is awesome.

Just playing around with the camera, the S90 takes some super sharp images and the low light performance is exceptional.

Any thoughts on how to apply the cable to the housing, and the clear film to the flash ? Are there optional/better ways to accomplish this task ?

Bill

Which housing? I can't picture a strobe block panel small enough that you could take a little centimeter to attach the fiber reflector block to. Can you post a photo of it?

If the flash blocking panel is doing it's job and blocking the flash's light, there is no need to use the film. I never bothered applying it to my S80, because I use it both topside and UW and didn't want to have to constantly apply and remove it. I've never missed it, and don't plan to apply it to my S90, either, once my housing comes in.

DevilDiver
12-07-2009, 16:33
Take a look at this Fiber Optic Cable Adapter Set for Compact Digicams [rpv.foa] - $24.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros (http://reefphoto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4023)

From what I can see of the photos of the Ike housing there is not much room but his might work.

CompuDude
12-07-2009, 17:06
Take a look at this Fiber Optic Cable Adapter Set for Compact Digicams [rpv.foa] - $24.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros (http://reefphoto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4023)

From what I can see of the photos of the Ike housing there is not much room but his might work.

As long as you get the right attachment block for the fiber cable, all you need a sliver of the strobe blocking panel (comes with the housing) to hang it off.

http://www.h2ogeek.com/misc/Inon-Fiber-IMG_6480%20%28Small%29.JPG

I KNOW I saw a photo of the Ikelite S90 housing with the strobe block panel in place somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find it at the moment.

This is the best shot I have of my fiber reflector block attached to the flash block panel, without being home to shoot a new photo. You literally need about 1 square cm of panel to screw the block onto, and then you're all set.

http://www.h2ogeek.com/misc/Inon-Fiber-IMG_6483%20%28Small%29.JPG

Bill
12-07-2009, 18:16
Thanks for the info guys.

Devil Diver, that is the block that Reef sent me to use. With the IKE housing, there is zero room to attach the block. All surfaces are rounded and the lens housing is right in front of the camera flash, so that will not work. If I use that version of the slave, I might cut and mill the block shape to fit in place, but I will have to bevel the edge and cut the block in half. If i use the flash blocker because the clear film will not work with the S90, this is all a moot point as with the flash blocker in place, there is absolutely ZERO room to mount any slave cable adaptor at all.

Compudude, I think your approach is possibly the best, as I believe it can work. The flash blocker for the IKE is not recessed for the front lense dial, and will have to be cut to fit the camera face.

What are your thoughts on wireless ?

I love the camera and like the IKE housing, when all done, this will be one sweet set up.

CompuDude
12-07-2009, 18:34
Bill, I still don't follow what you're saying about the Ike flash blocker.

Can you take a photo of the front of the housing with the flash block panel in place, so I can see what you're referring to?

I wonder if Reef sent you the wrong block, or, one that doesn't as well as another (like mine) could.

About a month ago my flash block panel BROKE. (tank fell on it, long story). I literally duct-taped the fiber end block/reflector assembly (pictured above) into the approximate place it needed to be on the front of the camera housing, since there was no panel to screw it onto. Worked just fine for the last two dives of the day, until I could get home and make a new block panel setup. Fugly, but it did the trick. If a method as brute-force stupid as that can work, there MUST be a more elegant solution available with actual tools, materials, and shops on hand!

DevilDiver
12-07-2009, 18:39
Yea, if that piece does not fit CD's suggestion would be the way. Have you contacted Ikelite to see if they make a blocker that fits the S90 housing?

Bill
12-09-2009, 20:54
Got it all figured out.

Short term I will use the deflector placed in a vertical position, attach the optic cable receptical to it, drill a hole in the deflector so the cable can "see" the camera flash.

Long term, Ryan at Reef Photo tells me they will have a part made that follows the contour of the Ike case and the bevel of the lens that will be black plastic. This will block the flash and eliminate the need for the clear film and it will accept the optic cable in the exact position for best results. This will be available in about 4 to 6 weeks. Reef will make a liminted run of this part, give them a call if you would like one for your set up.

CompuDude
12-09-2009, 21:37
Got it all figured out.

Short term I will use the deflector placed in a vertical position, attach the optic cable receptical to it, drill a hole in the deflector so the cable can "see" the camera flash.

Long term, Ryan at Reef Photo tells me they will have a part made that follows the contour of the Ike case and the bevel of the lens that will be black plastic. This will block the flash and eliminate the need for the clear film and it will accept the optic cable in the exact position for best results. This will be available in about 4 to 6 weeks. Reef will make a liminted run of this part, give them a call if you would like one for your set up.

I'd still really like to see a photo of the housing with the blocking panel in place, if you would. I'm still not understanding the issue, there.

If it's looking like I'm going to need one of these, too, I want to be in on the limited run!

Bill
12-11-2009, 19:27
Here are the pictures of the Ike set up.

The first image shows the location of the camera flash relative to the case and how it is hidden behind the IKE lens. The second image show the vertical position of the deflector card. The third image shows the relative position of the optical cable attachment. I plan on putting a severe bevel on this to match the lens housing in an attempt to get the cable directly in front of the camera flash for optimun performance, and then I will drill a hole in the deflector card for the cable to "see" the flash. The fourth image shows the relationship of the deflector card to the case. Hope these images help.

CompuDude
12-12-2009, 04:58
They'd help more if they were bigger than postage-stamp size, but I got the idea, thanks. :)

That confirmed what I thought. I don't know if you have already used your fiber kit to the point where it can no longer be returned, but if not, I would simply return yours and tell Ryan you want the one that I have instead. The Inon fiber set that he sold me will attach to the panel in a normal manner, no modifications or drilling needed. Just show him the photos I posted above, and he should know which one he needs to send you.

pershing
02-22-2010, 11:40
Anyone has the same concerns I do about the FIX enclosure for the S90? All of my previous enclosures have been see through. How do I know its not leaking inside on these solid black enclosures? Anything other than to trust the 700 price tag? This is one of the few remaining questions/concerns I have before pulling the trigger.

DevilDiver
02-22-2010, 12:43
About 99% of housing leaks are due to operator error, that being said it does happen no matter what the reason. I have owned 4 different camera housings (one clear, the rest not) and truthfully I can't see that it would make a difference.

By the time there was enough water inside the housing to be noticed it would pretty much be to late. You would probably notice the camera acting up or condensation inside the housing before you noticed water pooling at the bottom with a leak. If it were a bad seal you would have a flood pretty much as soon as you submerged the camera, if there were a nicked o-ring or hair you would have a leak that might not happen until a certain depth with the pressure build up.

If you ever do suspect your housing is leaking point it face down to let any water gather in the front port to keep it from the camera body and surface (slow and safely doing a full safety stop if needed) as soon as possible.

Higher end housings are usually more expensive for a reason, not saying they can't fail but the overall construction is usually much better than the cheaper options.

I have had the FIX S90 housing in my hand topside and was very impressed with the housing, it is very well made.

Get what you are comfortable with, I would suggest getting insurance for your system. Murphy is always out there looking to enforce his law....

Nemrod
02-22-2010, 13:44
High end aluminum housing for dSLRs are not see through, however, some have enough room for an electronic leak detector. There is no room for anything like that in the micro size FIX90 housing. The camera fills it up.

Like the old Nikonos, you knew you had a leak when you got back to the surface and water ran out when you changed film, it would keep working--full of water--pictures did not come out good though.

I have flooded an Ikelite years ago, by the time I could see the water, it was too late.

If it bothers you get the clear Ikelite, me, I am not worried, the FIX housing is well made and the O ring and grooves are very precise--but--the old saying, what goes up must come down and what goes under better be able to get wet and if it cannot you best be able to afford it getting wet.

N

pershing
02-22-2010, 13:46
Thanks for the quick reply. Appreciate your input. Since you had it in your hands could you tell me if it had the standard tripod mount hole or something like the Ikelite dual screw system? Thanks...

Nemrod
02-22-2010, 14:10
Here is my adapter for the FIX90, no, I don't sell them:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/experiments/P2200263.jpg

It allows the 1/4X20 tripod screw sockets of the FIX90 to mount to the 12X24 screw holes on a typical Ikelite housing.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/experiments/P2200266.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/experiments/P2200271.jpg

Above are pics of my latest DIY tray but here is my old Ikelite tray using the same adapter:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/experiments/DSCF0002-1.jpg

And here mounted on my old Oceanic Nikonos tray:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/JRWJR/experiments/IMG_0206.jpg

N