PDA

View Full Version : Is this true for Women's Sense of smell?

emt
10-28-2009, 12:09
It looks like all my life I've used the wrong scent for inviting the opposite sex :::::http://www.psych.umn.edu/courses/fall06/davenportn/psy3061/sexual_arousal.pdf
1...For women, positive smells include cucumber, and banana nut bread. Negative smells for women include cherries, and men’s cologne.

More questions: Does any woman agree with this study???
FuturePundit: Study on Differences in Female, Male Sexuality (http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/001393.html)
2..women’s sexual arousal patterns may be less tightly connected to their sexual orientation.The Northwestern study strongly suggests this is true. The Northwestern researchers measured the psychological and physiological sexual arousal in homosexual and heterosexual men and women as they watched erotic films. There were three types of erotic films: those featuring only men, those featuring only women and those featuring male and female couples. As with previous research, the researchers found that men responded consistent with their sexual orientations. In contrast, both homosexual and heterosexual women showed a bisexual pattern of psychological as well as genital arousal. That is, heterosexual women were just as sexually aroused by watching female stimuli as by watching male stimuli, even though they prefer having sex with men rather than women. (You can put me in the heterosexual male group & I don't mind saying 100% correct in viewing women = + response... But viewing only other men = 0% to - response)

(The article also says: positive smells for men include lavender, pumpkin pie and donuts.---I really don't know and do not remember ever smelling those smells at that time for this guy----But I do have quite a visual memory of events...)

inventor
10-28-2009, 12:30
Dunkin's has pumpkin pie donuts, just dose them with some lavender. If you become aroused doing this, contact the researchers.

scubastud
10-28-2009, 12:36
I am in Guam, the bar girls here can smell the bills in my pocket.

emt
10-28-2009, 12:37
It's funny how one only really knows the world from their view.

The article implies men are usually only orientated one way; either for other men only or only for women....
Quite interesting that they claim most women can be aroused by either women or men...

emt
10-28-2009, 12:41
I am in Guam, the bar girls here can smell the bills in my pocket.

Hey Stud,,, perfect time to pass the laptop for the woman survey???:smiley20:

clavicl3
10-28-2009, 13:58
Don't try to understand women's logic. You have no idea how many different turns their thought processes take to get to the conclusion.

inventor
10-28-2009, 14:00
they claim most women can be aroused by either women or men...

Old news. God I love Las Vegas!:smiley20:

TJDiver
10-28-2009, 14:03
they claim most women can be aroused by either women or men...

Old news. God I love Las Vegas!:smiley20:

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Lulubelle
10-28-2009, 14:13
Don't try to understand women's logic. You have no idea how many different turns their thought processes take to get to the conclusion.

Wise man. :smiley20:

clavicl3
10-28-2009, 14:19
I like what Chris Rock said in one of his comedy acts. Men cannot win an argument with a woman because we are handicapped. We have a need to make sense.

emt
10-28-2009, 14:25
I like what Chris Rock said in one of his comedy acts. Men cannot win an argument with a woman because we are handicapped. We have a need to make sense.
lol.....

& fast, quick, to the point....lol.. A to B...

emt
10-28-2009, 14:27
I wonder what ever happened to Scubastud & his laptop at the bar in Guam???

Well I just checked & 5:49 A.M. in Guam...so I guess he's in bed somewhere...lol.

Forum clock looks to be about 21 minutes slow...

inventor
10-28-2009, 14:30
I wonder what ever happened to Scubastud & his laptop at the bar in Guam???

I think all those posts were deleted on moral and legal grounds.:smiley36:

Vercingetorix
10-28-2009, 15:05
lol.....

& fast, quick, to the point...Hey!!!

Quit making fun of my sex life.

emt
10-28-2009, 15:30
Oh well, The women passed the test...None were willing to answer the question: Does any woman agree with this study???

If any answered yes, we had about 100 more intimate questions awaiting....:smiley2:

Here's another interesting Psy. article. (I do not agree with all of it but some will be interesting for women IMO) Lust For The Long Haul | Psychology Today (http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200512/lust-the-long-haul)

Also, I would have listed Wiki as a reference to human sexual arousal; but unfortunately it included explicit sexual pictures located half way down the page and I did not know if a family's web blocker would block on a cross reference from this site or not. Under the picture of the woman it was interesting to me of the upper body enlargement mentioned. vs. mens natural attraction when larger.

clavicl3
10-28-2009, 17:13
lol.....

& fast, quick, to the point...Hey!!!

Quit making fun of my sex life.

To reference something the late great Bernie Mac said:

3 minutes! It's all I can give you. It's all I got!
LOL.

dawnvip
10-28-2009, 17:39
To reference something the late great Bernie Mac said:

3 minutes! It's all I can give you. It's all I got!

Mister 5 minutes, another 5 minutes please...
Oh forget it, I'll do it myself.

Holly McNarland (singer)
:smilie40: