PDA

View Full Version : Assembling a Zena

amajamar
08-30-2007, 18:49
Does a factory fresh Zena use both the tanks straps and sex bolts to attach the wing? Or just the tank straps?

Thanks in advance

amajamar

ScottZeagle
08-31-2007, 08:54
The bladder is held on by the tank bands.

I am not familiar with the term sex bolts...but then again, I have been married for a long time.

You kids and your weird names...

:D

amajamar
08-31-2007, 09:04
Scott,

Jump in your wayback machine and look at the original Zena (the one with the plastic snap buckles that held the front on to the back) and you will see that the bladder is connected to the back at the bottom with two little mechanical fasteners. At least on the Zena I have it is.

The two little mechanical fasteners are sex bolts. At least that is what Joe at ScubaToys told me.

Of course I could of called them "nutty bolty things", but I thought that sounded stupid!

By the way, at 44 yrs old I don't think I qualify as "kid", but, have it your way!!!

Thanks Scott!

amajamar

PS- Your products are awesome!!!

ScottZeagle
08-31-2007, 10:19
Ah...

You are talking about the 2 piece screw fasteners at the bottom of the bladder???

Well, hell, why didn't you say so!!??

:D

They are still on there...

The tank bands run through the stainless steel slides to secure the bladder to the vest, and the 2 piece screw fasteners attach to the bottom to hold the bladder down at the bottom!!

Now that I fully understand your question, it is easy to answer!!!

44?? Dang, you are older than me!! (But not older than Larry looks!!)

Dive safe!

Scott

CrzyJay456
08-31-2007, 17:47

Dive safe!

Scott

thats just bellow the belt.
lol

i've read the term "sex bolts" a few times at diff. websites as well.

amajamar
09-01-2007, 08:46

Dive safe!

Scott

Thanks, kid! :smiley2:

amajamar