PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Lake News Piece

Vlane
10-30-2009, 00:27
A local news station did a short segment on Beaver Lake and diving Thursday night. Unfortunately it doesn't show a whole lot of diversity in the video, wish they had shown more of the bluffs, still nice though. Maybe we'll see a small influx of new divers now that they realize there's more than mud and rocks down there.

What Lies Beneath Beaver Lake (http://www.4029tv.com/video/21471788/index.html)

snagel
10-30-2009, 03:29
It's a good story, I guess our secret it out. Did you catch the statment at the end about it is illegal to sink anything intentially in the lake and you can be prosecuted? Ooops.

Snagel

Vlane
10-30-2009, 16:29
From what I've been told Jim over at C&Js had permission to sink those things. It would be kinda stupid for the Army Core to say no considering how much money they make off divers alone from that are. If only some old Navy ships could get way off course and some how find themselves in Beaver Lake when a nasty leak arises :smiley36:.

cummings66
10-30-2009, 18:12
I love to see scuba in the news. I enjoy Beaver Lake and can't wait until it's back to normal, perhaps this Winter will be some great diving there. Still, it's not that bad. My last trip there I visited Bob at the Bluff's and the vis there was pretty good compared to the last trip.

plot
10-30-2009, 19:06
am i the only one that absolutely hates the bluffs?

they're ok i guess, but nothing compared to the other dive spots in that lake.

cummings66
10-31-2009, 08:10
What's wrong with the bluffs? You have tree's, a ridge, walls, statues all over, a treasure chest that the coins contained within will get you a free airfill for your AL80, but you would be stupid to use only an AL80 to go and get that coin. It's got pretty much everything the other sites do in terms of natural resources. It's deep, has things both shallow and deep to see.

Of course the foundations, planes, heli's and such are elsewhere.

So, what's wrong with it?

snagel
10-31-2009, 08:17
The only problem I have with it, is that it is 5 hours away from me. (Actually, have never dove it yet, one of the few places I haven't made it too yet).

Snagel

cummings66
10-31-2009, 08:28
It's about the same for me, that's why I usually go to Table Rock Lake and dive, it's closer and just as fun. Still, I do like Beaver Lake and C&J is a great dive shop to putter around at. Jim's got a lot of stuff to buy and do as well.

Vlane
10-31-2009, 11:41
I think the bluffs look pretty cool and the visibility there is some of the best around the lake. On top of that, you don't need a boat to get to it. If there's other sites that you don't need a boat for I'd love to hear them, always looking for something new.

cummings care to elaborate more on the treasure chest? I'm guessing it's primarily there for tech divers but I'm curious.

wheelman
10-31-2009, 15:14
I dig the bluffs, I hadn't dove them for a while but my last 4 dives were there. Someone put out some new statues, they were nice dives with decent viz. Even a night one feeding the walleye, they were using the light to hunt. Now we just had about 5 inches of rain on Thurs, I'm sure the viz is down now.

jamiejo
11-01-2009, 07:36
What's wrong with the bluffs? You have tree's, a ridge, walls, statues all over, a treasure chest that the coins contained within will get you a free airfill for your AL80, but you would be stupid to use only an AL80 to go and get that coin. It's got pretty much everything the other sites do in terms of natural resources. It's deep, has things both shallow and deep to see.

(Jamie's Husband) What are the depths for tec diving in this area? Never dove at Beaver Lake.

Vlane
11-01-2009, 13:24

(Jamie's Husband) What are the depths for tec diving in this area? Never dove at Beaver Lake.
I'm not sure about the North Park area, but if you get into the channel then you can hit around 200'.

bottomdweller
11-01-2009, 19:29
So where is the north park in relation to indian creek campground?
I have been diving from a boat at the school bus, heli, plane, & etc.
I have no idea where to go to shore dive,I always come up hwy 37 from Monett to the campground but thats all I know about.
Where is C&J at also.

Thanks
Frank

wheelman
11-01-2009, 21:24
The road IC Rd. to get to Indian Creek splits and runs to the north dam site. Easy shore entrance for the bluffs. It is pretty clearly marked. You cut back towards the lake before you go buy the rocks before the dam. Or follow the road around the dam up the hill to C&Js.

417Diver
11-02-2009, 07:29
I have no idea where to go to shore dive,I always come up hwy 37 from Monett to the campground but thats all I know about.
Where is C&J at also.

Thanks
Frank

What, you thinking about diving it soon? :smilie40:

bottomdweller
11-02-2009, 12:35
The road IC Rd. to get to Indian Creek splits and runs to the north dam site. Easy shore entrance for the bluffs. It is pretty clearly marked. You cut back towards the lake before you go buy the rocks before the dam. Or follow the road around the dam up the hill to C&Js.

Thanks for the info wheelman.:smiley20:

bottomdweller
11-02-2009, 12:36
Where is C&J at also.

Thanks
Frank

What, you thinking about diving it soon? :smilie40:

I would like to go & check out the bluffs sometime soon, when we have a nice weekend.
I will let you know before we decide to make the trip & see if you are up for it.