PDA

View Full Version : you only get one choice..well maybe two

Jaymeany
08-30-2007, 19:57
From the category of:
Accessories Lights, Knives, Clips... little things that make diving easier or more fun.

What would be the one thing you would purchase? Basically whats your favorite thing from these categories? Try to be specific and give reasons why.

lets leave out primary dive lights because they get a lot of talk on the boards. Secondaries are fair game though.

Oh yeah one catch...it has to be carried by scubatoys......just for fun :smiley20:

Capt Hook
08-30-2007, 22:02
Safety sausage: we do drift diving and having a marker that boats will possibly see as we wait for the boat to pick us up is a necessity. IMHO

finflippers
08-30-2007, 22:08
It is hard to choose only one there is so many things I can't live without. Ok since primary lights are out my next choice would be a knife I got to have that.

EDIT: misread more fun ok would be my liftbag.

chinacat46
08-30-2007, 23:20
Well since capt hook went with sausage a great choice I'll go with something simple that not only can be used to bang your tank to just about attaching anything my choice is a...

Dive Rite Large Double-Eye Snap Bolt

sold at Scuba Toys.

Charlotte Smith
08-31-2007, 05:40
My scissors to get me out of fishing line and cut rope on anchors that are lost in the lake...if we can untie them we do but how some people get their anchors THAT wound up in a tree is amazing....if you ever need an anchor here...we are the ones to see! OBTH the scissors will cut the cable if you spear a giant fish and can't control him in deep water too...my husband hates it when I do that!

gtjason2000
08-31-2007, 07:36
Probably a knife because even though PADI says divers are rarely entangled I would hate for it to happen and not have a knife. For number two a camera that is an accessory right?

wxboy911
08-31-2007, 08:48
A dive slate would be nice-It always seems I need to tell my dive buddy something after we descend...might also help me keep track of the time we started the dive.

thor
08-31-2007, 08:53
Compass. Never leave home without it. (Especially after I lost the boat once)

No Misses
08-31-2007, 08:58
Ok lets see...What accessory makes diving easier/more fun.
Mini Q40 dive light. It is small and comes in handy when you need to see under that ledge.
Snap Bolts. How else could I carry all the crap that I take on dives ;-)

mm_dm
08-31-2007, 11:05
I wouldn't mind one of those "Diver Below" floats. It could give another marker for the jet-skiers to slalom around.

BSea
08-31-2007, 11:18
It would have to be the oxycheq backup light (http://www.oxycheq.com/Oxycheq/torchbackup/4A4057D0-8039-4194-83E5-A2E901922084.html). It's not on ST website, but they do plan on stocking it. Lights are essential (IMHO) for finding things you would never see without them. I take 1 on evey dive even on bright days in clear water. There is always a nook or cranny that needs to be explored.

I don't know that I will buy this light, just that if it performs as advertised, I would want one.

Xspect
08-31-2007, 11:34
Compass never knew how much one is need until I dove in a mucky quarry

scubasamurai
08-31-2007, 12:24
compass would be great, and i never leave home either with it since my buddy parked us 200 ft off the boat stern once, embaresssing

effinghamdiver
09-01-2007, 10:44
A dive slate would be nice-It always seems I need to tell my dive buddy something after we descend...might also help me keep track of the time we started the dive.

:smiley32: I agree, you only need some many knives, but a good accessory to have is a slate. You can play games and write bad words to show the fish! And yeah it is kinda handy for communicating with your buddy, mapping terrain or bottom content, or other every day tasks....

ianr33
09-01-2007, 11:00
Spring Straps.

Hollywood703
09-02-2007, 15:30
I wouldn't mind one of those "Diver Below" floats. It could give another marker for the jet-skiers to slalom around.

I have a lot of Floating rope that I put out around my dive flag......it may not be visible.....but sure will @$%%@ up the propeller of a boat that comes to close :)

Hollywood703
09-02-2007, 15:32
I would say my dive light, then my dive knife......both I use regularly for things........I dont usually have a camera here in MI, only when go tropical.

Aussie
09-04-2007, 08:40
I love my UK SL4 eLED light. Its great for pointing things out to other divers during the day. Stainless steel clips be second choice. I have one attached to my light, my reg, my spg, my camera, my dog......

Aussie

Tableleg
09-04-2007, 14:32
The Trident noise maker is high on my list of stuff to buy. Everytime I want to point something out to my buddy, their too far away to tap. And I can never find somthing good enough to tap on my tank to get their attention!

CrzyJay456
09-04-2007, 18:03
a good Ti Knife, just cause when we dive, we usually run into some fishing line (specially shore dives near a pier) and we like to cut the line and clean the reef up a bit as we go. so Knife: TITANIUM, and a good camera (you said maybe 2)

Black-Gorrilla
09-04-2007, 23:40
i like snapbolts.. double eye or single.. they all make me happy for a reason or another.

my choice... a SPOOL of line. just cause!! (and it will have double eye snap bolt holding it to my transplate)