PDA

View Full Version : Some are BIG, some are small! NOSES!!

NEWBEJENN
08-31-2007, 01:22
As you can probably tell by my name...I am new to this. I am currently taking my open water class. One more week to go!:smiley20: I love it and I can wait for the final dives, and then to hit the blue water!
My quick question has to do with my mask and my nose. I have a very small nose. I have a little trouble equalizing on my descent because I can't get a hold of my nose thru the mask. Do they make masks with smaller nose piece? Or would anyone have any suggestions to help.
Thanks-hope to hear back from ya!
"A little short" newbejenn

Charlotte Smith
08-31-2007, 05:13
Is your face small also? If so try the youth masks...I used one in the beginning because of my face being smaller and they are the same mask just smaller..

ScubaJenn81
08-31-2007, 05:44
I agree, look into getting a youth mask, it should work out well for you.

thor
08-31-2007, 08:43
If youth mask doesn't work, there are many different ways to equalize, not all involving holding your nose. Some just takes practice, and only you will know what works and what doesn't. This article may be over technical, but it describes various techniques.

http://faculty.washington.edu/ekay/MEbaro.html

Xspect
08-31-2007, 11:25
Your dive shop should let /encourage you to try on several mask so that you are comfortable.

scubasamurai
08-31-2007, 18:55
what runs and runs all day and doesn't get tired??? your nose sorry i couldn't resist haha