PDA

View Full Version : coral Princess

Chocoholic
11-01-2009, 01:19
We are going to Coz in two weeks, first time to Coz. Can't wait. We will be staying at the Coral Princess and I will be using Pepe Scuba. Anyone ever used them or stayed at Coral Princess. :smiley20:

mcr0112
11-02-2009, 04:33
Haven,t used them but you are at the north end of the island and downtown, will need a vehicle or taxi to go into town. Have fun and enjoy

TRACI
11-02-2009, 09:10
I have stayed at Coral Princess 5 times, and have always had a enjoyable stay. The hotel is north of town, but I do not mind the peacefulness. Upgrading to the ocean view is a must, CP has a wonderful view. sometimes they will offer a free upgrade if you sit through the time share presentation, or they will offer a discounted rental car. Pedro that works at the CP, is a very big help setting up any tours that you may want to do. My only experience with Pepe's was doing a resort course years ago, before getting certified. I know alot of dive op's will not pick you up at CP because it is so far north from all the dive sites. You will have a great time staying there :)

dkh6070
11-02-2009, 14:22
You will love it. It is a great place to dive. Very easy, great vis adn warm water.

Chocoholic
12-19-2009, 14:36
Just realized I posted this in the wrong forum....

dive trip report pictures Coral Princess
We went to Coz (first timers) for two weeks. Loved it! We stayed at the Coral Princess in a one bedroom, loved that too. We spent most of our time snorkeling, sunning, meeting new people, walking around and figuring out where to eat next. My favourite eateries were Casa Missione, La Choza, Espesias and Panchoís Backyard. We also ate at Pepeís Grill and were really disappointed. The restaurant at Coral Princess had great breakfasts and some good lunches too. Iíve discovered I really like Mojitos, Sangria and fish tacos with fresh guac and pico de gallo.

The divingÖ what can I say, I am in love. My favourite sites were Palancar Cueves and Palancar Gardens. I was floored by the huge coral formations lushly coating every possible surface and all the beautiful fish. My only disappointment was that my camera was having fits and not working part of the time. Oh, and I missed the dive where everyone saw a DOLPHIN underwater, and then saw an eagle ray. I also dove Barracuda, Tunich, Tormentos, the Wreck (canít remember the name), Chankanaab (awful vis), Cedral, and lots of shore dives from the Coral Princess. I saw lots of turtles, beautiful coral, eels galore and a couple Splendid Toadfish, and lots of rays (but not an eagle ray). The vis was fantastic most of the time, 100 ft plus.

I used Pepe Scuba located in the Coral Princess, I was happy with their location, fast boats, equipment, DMs, Captains and the fact that they had two boats, one for the nubies and one for experienced divers. I got lucky and the people I was diving with were very experienced so we got to go to great sites. I didnít dive the day they went to Punta Sur (Devilís throat). I was diving my Suunto Vyper that is very conservative and it was very annoying to come up with lots of gas, it doesnít give credit for deep stops. There werenít enough people for a night dive ever, I put my name on the list right away but couldnít get enough people to commit to a night dive.

My non-diving hubby even loved Coz, he snorkeled almost everyday and really enjoyed the food. I am already trying to figure out how to get back to Cozumel.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/1/8/4/0/coz_small.jpg

dkh6070
12-21-2009, 08:20
Awesome picture of the spledid toadfish!