PDA

View Full Version : Who's on Coz in Nov.?

firstdive2005
11-01-2009, 10:40
:mc05:Hi I'll be diving with Scubamaucozumel from Nov. 19-27, staying at Park Royal. :smiley20:

Chocoholic
11-01-2009, 16:26
Hi there; we will be at the Coral Princess from Nov 14 to Nov 28
I am going to try diving with Pepe Scuba (on site OP), can't find much info on either board about Coral Princess or Pepe.

Diver Kat
11-01-2009, 16:53
Alan & I will be there from 11/27 - 12/4. Staying at Fiesta Americana again and diving with 'Scuba with Alison' - as always!! :smiley20:

firstdive2005
11-01-2009, 17:16
Hi there; we will be at the Coral Princess from Nov 14 to Nov 28
I am going to try diving with Pepe Scuba (on site OP), can't find much info on either board about Coral Princess or Pepe.

The people that I've met that stayed there liked it. Small resort, clean, good snorkeling out front. Pepe diving has been on island a long time, they will know their business. I have not used them. Your on the ocean how can you loose? Have fun. kev.

Chocoholic
11-01-2009, 20:54
Thanks and I will check out tripadvisor.
I can't wait, one and half more weeks.

rednose83
11-01-2009, 21:43
Alan & I will be there from 11/27 - 12/4. Staying at Fiesta Americana again and diving with 'Scuba with Alison' - as always!! :smiley20:

Can I ask about your experiences with Scuba with Alison? We have her scheduled for Jan because we've heard good things about her (mentioned in passing). Like is her gear in good condition? I have my own but one in my party will be renting. Is she respectful of limitations/conditions or just shove you in the water and that's it?

firstdive2005
11-01-2009, 22:12
Is she respectful of limitations/conditions or just shove you in the water and that's it?

Most dive ops on Coz dont just shove you in. They will want to know your experience and how many drift dives you've done. Also let them know your recent dives. Most will know by how you handle your kit anyway.
Alison is greatly respected on the island as an owner/operator.

dawnvip
11-01-2009, 23:24
Hubby and I will be at the Grand Palladium in Puerto Aventuras from Nov 16-23, diving with Dive Adventuras.

We hope to get over to Coz for at least one day of diving, I hear its completely different from the mainland dive sites.

Diver Kat
11-01-2009, 23:35

Can I ask about your experiences with Scuba with Alison? We have her scheduled for Jan because we've heard good things about her (mentioned in passing). Like is her gear in good condition? I have my own but one in my party will be renting. Is she respectful of limitations/conditions or just shove you in the water and that's it?

Ask away ... or PM me. We've been diving with Alison for 5 years come Thanksgiving Day. Over the years we've become good friends, and I can't say enough great things about her. From what I've noticed she keeps her rental gear in great shape (as well as her boat) and is an excellent and attentive DM. Doesn't hurt that she's funny as hell either!! I think I've become a better, and more relaxed diver due to diving with her. If any of your group has any concerns or questions, just let her know. She'll make sure to take care of you!

rednose83
11-02-2009, 12:25
Is she respectful of limitations/conditions or just shove you in the water and that's it?

Most dive ops on Coz dont just shove you in. They will want to know your experience and how many drift dives you've done. Also let them know your recent dives. Most will know by how you handle your kit anyway.
Alison is greatly respected on the island as an owner/operator.

Thanks. LDS made it sound like the ops went to the difficult sites and there you were. These dives (in Coz) will be our first ocean dives so were a little bit nervous.

rednose83
11-02-2009, 12:27

Ask away ... or PM me. We've been diving with Alison for 5 years come Thanksgiving Day. Over the years we've become good friends, and I can't say enough great things about her. From what I've noticed she keeps her rental gear in great shape (as well as her boat) and is an excellent and attentive DM. Doesn't hurt that she's funny as hell either!! I think I've become a better, and more relaxed diver due to diving with her. If any of your group has any concerns or questions, just let her know. She'll make sure to take care of you!

Thank you. We chose her because I'd heard (on another forum) that she takes out small groups and takes good care of her gear. The dives with her are our first ocean dives so we're a little nervous about it but we can't wait. We are visiting via cruise ship so we only have one day with her.

firstdive2005
11-03-2009, 00:17
Hubby and I will be at the Grand Palladium in Puerto Aventuras from Nov 16-23, diving with Dive Adventuras.

We hope to get over to Coz for at least one day of diving, I hear its completely different from the mainland dive sites.

Hi! The diving mainland side is great. Diving Coz is different for sure. Depending on the reef site characteristics differ. So let the op you use know your level of skill and they will tailor the site to you. Maybe give Opal an email at scubamaucozumel.com. I am there when you are there. Would be cool to dive together. Only show up if you want to laugh a lot and see too many critters. lol. kev:smiley20:

SEMO Scuba
11-03-2009, 20:34
We'll be there Nov 14th - 21st. I'm using Dive paradise. The wife snorkels but doesn't dive.

Diver Kat
11-03-2009, 21:09

Thank you. We chose her because I'd heard (on another forum) that she takes out small groups and takes good care of her gear. The dives with her are our first ocean dives so we're a little nervous about it but we can't wait. We are visiting via cruise ship so we only have one day with her.
We started out with a 1 day cruise stop dive with Alison ... now we fly in, stay on the island and dive with her for a week or more. (In fact our next 3 trips are all set to go diving with Alison.) You'll have a great time both under the water and on the boat with her. I'll look forward to seeing what you think when you get back!:smiley20:

Chocoholic
11-03-2009, 23:52

You are going to love the people at Dive Aventuras, they are great people. The dive sites are less than 10 mins from the Omni where Dive Aventuras is located. My favourite DM is Carlos but they are all good. i took a Rescue class with Nils, and Karen helped me set the White Balance on my camera and gave me all kinds of tips on taking photos UW. Have fun.
I haven't dove Coz yet but will be there soon, so I can compare the two.

dawnvip
11-06-2009, 06:50

Hi! The diving mainland side is great. Diving Coz is different for sure. Depending on the reef site characteristics differ. So let the op you use know your level of skill and they will tailor the site to you. Maybe give Opal an email at scubamaucozumel.com. I am there when you are there. Would be cool to dive together. Only show up if you want to laugh a lot and see too many critters. lol. kev:smiley20:

It would be great to dive together! We hope to dive coz at least one day while there, so I'll email Opal and see what's available, timing, etx.
I'll keep you posted. :smiley20: