PDA

View Full Version : LADIES ONLY-God Bless our Troops

Lulubelle
11-04-2009, 12:14
So, not to belabor the reasons why, but life has been really hard lately and my mood was close to hitting rock bottom this week.

So my neighbor (a guy) and I walk down the beach to a beach bar last night which has a bunch of folks in it. One group was a bunch of marines recently returned from Iraq. This absolutely adorable....and...*23 year old*...marine just back from Iraq comes right across the room to introduce himself to my neighbor and me and later asked me out on a proper date. So my question to you ladies is...How young is too young? :smilie39:

Talk about a good way to take a mood out of the gutter and put it right back on top of the moon. :smiley20:And yes, against my better judgment, I left him there and returned home with my neighbor. :smiley13:

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS. ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO FLIRT WITH MIDDLE AGED LADIES. :smiley31:

dawnvip
11-04-2009, 12:58
That is a sure way to make any woman feel good! My girlfriend was also feeling down a month or so ago, so we went on a girls only vacation to Barbados. I swear we must have been the only two women on that entire island! "Ah, beautiful ladies..." was all we heard for 5 days straight. Talk about an ego booster! :smiley20:

As to your question on how young is too young, I would say go on the date and decide for yourself! You will know if he's too young for you after spending some time together. I think (from reading your posts on this forum) that you are confident and sure enough of yourself to not worry about the "23" and what others might say.

Good luck! :smiley32:

Lulubelle
11-04-2009, 15:30
That is a sure way to make any woman feel good! My girlfriend was also feeling down a month or so ago, so we went on a girls only vacation to Barbados. I swear we must have been the only two women on that entire island! "Ah, beautiful ladies..." was all we heard for 5 days straight. Talk about an ego booster! :smiley20:

As to your question on how young is too young, I would say go on the date and decide for yourself! You will know if he's too young for you after spending some time together. I think (from reading your posts on this forum) that you are confident and sure enough of yourself to not worry about the "23" and what others might say.

Good luck! :smiley32:

Good answer Dawn! Doing a tour or two in Iraq does grow a guy up beyond his years, that is for sure. He was actually quite interesting to talk to and very confident in a good way. And he passes the "not less than half my age test" (albeit not by much.)

Note to self, make vacation plans for Barbados. :smiley20:

Oh yeah! And the most important thing...he is a diver !!!

scubagirlj
11-04-2009, 17:59
kind of a no-brainer, its not like you're going to marry the guy, just a friendly date(especially since he dives)just make sure he's not just looking for another notch on his m16

mrmccoy
11-04-2009, 18:16
I would say he is thinking cougar.

rednose83
11-04-2009, 18:57
If you're interested- give it a shot. You'll know if 23 is "too young" and probably within the first 15 minutes!

navyhmc
11-04-2009, 19:15
Okay, I admit I lurk over here...I consider it intelligence gathering on a target subject....

The only thing I could think of when I read this was an incident that occurred in a navy training exercise I participated in years ago: We were doing a casualty trainig exercise and used a bunch of marines as patients. One of the ladies made the comment: "I'm usually a bit of a tush gal...but THE CHESTS on these guys!!!! WOW!!!" :smiley36: :smiley36:

She took the date. Said it was a good time and we left it at that.

Besides, who cares what everyone else thinks, you're a big girl, do what you want. Don't you occasionally eat dessert first? :smiley20:

Lulubelle
11-04-2009, 20:11
kind of a no-brainer, its not like you're going to marry the guy, just a friendly date(especially since he dives)just make sure he's not just looking for another notch on his m16

LOL, yes, I agree, a no brainer. :smiley36: They are ALL looking for a notch on something SGJ, doesn't mean they will get one, in fact, usually the harder they try, the worse their chances are. I'll not be helping him out with any goals for his M16, but I might try to turn him into a dive buddy by summer. :smiley20:

I would say he is thinking cougar.

Uh, yeah, what's your point? :smiley36:

Okay, I admit I lurk over here...I consider it intelligence gathering on a target subject....

Besides, who cares what everyone else thinks, you're a big girl, do what you want. Don't you occasionally eat dessert first? :smiley20:

I knew you would show up here Navy, but you of course are always welcome in Women's issues. Oh, I don't give a flip what anyone thinks navy, I was being a bit tongue in cheek with my question. And yeah, I think these guys do a lot of PT and it shows. Nice! :smiley32:

emt
11-04-2009, 20:49
Since Navy broke the ice, I thought I would enter the pool too...
ScubagirlJ said:: just make sure he's not just looking for another notch on his m16...That can definitely go both ways....Brings back the memory of the girl immediately reaching to her desk draw to write my name into her new conquest little black book while in her parents house who were out of town.....Makes me wonder how many gals keep those conquest books.:smiley2:
Personally, I destroyed all my technical material prior to marriage many years ago...

Final Answer>>>>>>>>>>>>Have fun

scubagirlj
11-04-2009, 21:05
always nice to have a polite, strong young man to lug your gear & tanks-as for"conquest books" the first rule is NEVER write anything down! it may come back to bite you in the a**-and if it wasn't good enough that you can't remember it, why bother

Lulubelle
11-04-2009, 21:18
always nice to have a polite, strong young man to lug your gear & tanks-as for"conquest books" the first rule is NEVER write anything down! it may come back to bite you in the a**-and if it wasn't good enough that you can't remember it, why bother

Yes, I had not thought about his possible tank lugging abilities, :smiley20:.

As for conquest books...I'd only need a post it note anyway, SGJ. Plus, I'm with you, some things are best forgotten. :smiley13: Who is that comedian who says ERASE ERASE ERASE?

inventor
11-04-2009, 21:28
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::wors hip:OK Tried not to hit this thread, due to title. And respect for the ladies of the forum. Uh, Lulubelle your tanks and gear will be where you wish them to be at the time you wish them to be. Wether by forum or random folk.
And you know that.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::wors hip:

Splitlip
11-04-2009, 21:32
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::wors hip:OK Tried not to hit this thread, due to title. And respect for the ladies of the forum. Uh, Lulubelle your tanks and gear will be where you wish them to be at the time you wish them to be. Wether by forum or random folk.
And you know that.

LOL.

I tried stay away too. But it is hard. Really hard to.

Lulubelle
11-04-2009, 21:43
And you know that.

Just what am I being worshiped for inventor? Unfortunately, my tanks and gear are only where I wish them to be at the time I wish them to be by my own power :smiley13: But a girl can hope.

LOL.

Come on in Tina :smiley31:

inventor
11-04-2009, 22:07
And you know that.

Just what am I being worshiped for inventor? Unfortunately, my tanks and gear are only where I wish them to be at the time I wish them to be by my own power :smiley13: But a girl can hope.

LOL.

:wors hip: shows up when too many smilies of that type are posted. You seem inetlligent and self possesed, which means, any man worth his salt will do his dandiest to make sure your boots and gear, get where they need to go. And you are the voice of reason/ put guys in their place quite often.

Lulubelle
11-05-2009, 05:00
And you know that.

LOL.

You seem inetlligent and self possesed, which means, any man worth his salt will do his dandiest to make sure your boots and gear, get where they need to go.

Sadly inventor, I mostly manage to attract those without any salt at all. :smiley5:

DivingCRNA
11-05-2009, 05:05
LULU- and you are awake at this hour, why??? Get some rest. :D

Lulubelle
11-05-2009, 05:10
LULU- and you are awake at this hour, why??? Get some rest. :D

It is 6:30 and I have a 4 hour drive in front of me to see a customer for lunch. Just getting coffeed up and such.

Sunrise is pretty over the ocean this morning.:blyawn:

The real question is, why are YOU up at this hour?:smiley5:

snagel
11-05-2009, 05:12
Had a lady friend at work in this same situation. She is in her mid-40's and out of no-where, was being "hit on" on by a 20 something. She's a good friend and came to me for advice (she must be despirate). Anyway, she was very flattered and I new the "kid". My opinion of the guy was that he was basically a good person, but I felt he was just trying to "put a notch in something". I discussed all this with my lady friend and ultimately they went out on several dates. The dates went very well, he behaved himself and was the perfect gentlemen. In the end, it really didn't work out for the two. The problem from her point of view was/is they don't really have anything to really talk about. Because of the age difference they don't relate to each other. She is not really up on what is going on in the younger generation and he was born in the late 80's when she was graduating high school. She told me some of their discussions were of things that happened before he was born and really made things odd at times. They really didn't have the same life experiences; nor, the same life values.

Anyway, she was happy to share some time with him, but they just didn't have anything in common. But, everyone is different and who knows.

Snagel

Ohio_diver16
11-05-2009, 05:33

I can't help myself on this one... Well, sometimes a guy HAS to remember in case 18 years later there's some random kid on your doorstep! Okay, that was for pure humor... But not really...

Lulubelle
11-05-2009, 05:37
Had a lady friend at work in this same situation. She is in her mid-40's and out of no-where, was being "hit on" on by a 20 something. She's a good friend and came to me for advice (she must be despirate). Anyway, she was very flattered and I new the "kid". My opinion of the guy was that he was basically a good person, but I felt he was just trying to "put a notch in something". I discussed all this with my lady friend and ultimately they went out on several dates. The dates went very well, he behaved himself and was the perfect gentlemen. In the end, it really didn't work out for the two. The problem from her point of view was/is they don't really have anything to really talk about. Because of the age difference they don't relate to each other. She is not really up on what is going on in the younger generation and he was born in the late 80's when she was graduating high school. She told me some of their discussions were of things that happened before he was born and really made things odd at times. They really didn't have the same life experiences; nor, the same life values.

Anyway, she was happy to share some time with him, but they just didn't have anything in common. But, everyone is different and who knows.

Snagel

I hear you Snagel! It was flattering and very good timing as someone has been trying very hard to do just the opposite to me lately. But I do enjoy having friends of all ages, especially those who dive! I suspect ultimately that this is what we will be, friends. We had quite a few laughs already about things that occurred before he was born. It was not awkward but really funny. But before I put him into the "friend" bucket, I must give him the respect that is due to anyone who has served two tours in Iraq, I suspect he is quite a bit more mature than most young fellows because of this. It is just a date after all.

snagel
11-05-2009, 05:53
You said it best, "It is just a date after all".

Snagel

TwistedSister209
11-21-2009, 19:43
Go for it, and have fun.

Splitlip
11-21-2009, 20:15
Great avatar and screen name.
Welcome.
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020416/125731__dee_l.jpg

Dee.

snagel
11-22-2009, 07:54
Wow....never noticed how much Larry and Dee Snyder look alike. They could be brothers or maybe even the same person.

Snagel