PDA

View Full Version : Jogging

musicpeacemaker
11-07-2009, 21:42
Try jogging as a good stay fitness exercise, but if you have knee problems I try walking.

tfd86
11-08-2009, 18:22
Be careful running is as addictive as buying scuba gear!

divingbuddy
11-08-2009, 18:50
I mix the running with cycling (and once a week swimming sessions) to keep up with the cardio/exercise and not over-tax the knees.

Just my two cents...Cheers!

tfd86
11-08-2009, 19:04
I think as my mileage increased the knees got stronger, don't be deterred. My favorite statement at the begining of my latest running phase 4 years ago when people asked if my legs were sore from running 8+ I told them if I'm not limping ........ it's because both legs hurt like h^*(.:smilie39:

Zenagirl
11-08-2009, 19:08
I go 50 minutes 6 days a week, but do a walk/jog interval instead of steading walking or jogging. Seems to be better on the joints and I can go longer. It's definitely paying off in the fat loss, muscle toning, and cardio benefits!

rednose83
11-08-2009, 23:58
Be careful running is as addictive as buying scuba gear!

I wish I could get addicted. I try to jog but I don't make much progress!

tfd86
11-09-2009, 06:59
That's how it starts rednose but once you find the addiction you won't be able to function without a daily run>

ScubaAl
11-09-2009, 07:01
I started running again 3 months ago. At 60yrs old its not all that easy to get things working. Way back in the 80's I ran 9 marathons. But lost interest and over the years have tried many times to get back into it, with little success.
I have worked in commercial construction for 40+years and so got a lot of exercise that way. Now that I have retired, I need to find a replacement to burn calories.
In my mind running is the most efficient way to get this done. No gym membership, or expensive equipment. Just put on your shoes and out the door you go.
I live in Minnesota and so may have to make some type of adjustments as the snows start flying. But really need to stick with this.
I like diving deep shipwrecks and use a rebreather. Because of this I really need to stay in top condition.

Al

Zenagirl
11-09-2009, 07:32
I can imagine that Minnesota would be far more challenging than Washington to get out and jog/run regularly!! I solved the "weather sucks" excuse easily by buying a high quality treadmill, so it's always there waiting for me. AND I can watch TV while exercising, so I DVR shows so I can skip the comercials and not get bored.

musicpeacemaker
11-11-2009, 18:26
I can imagine that Minnesota would be far more challenging than Washington to get out and jog/run regularly!! I solved the "weather sucks" excuse easily by buying a high quality treadmill, so it's always there waiting for me. AND I can watch TV while exercising, so I DVR shows so I can skip the comercials and not get bored.
I can agree with you on the weather. I'm in Florida and spoiled by our weather. And sometimes forget how the weather is in other places :smiley2:

tfd86
11-12-2009, 19:17
Man I hate treadmills, i can easily double my mileage outside. Even when the snows flying if the streets are dry enought it's outdoors for me. Treadmill only at work with stairmaster.