PDA

View Full Version : ST - Going Above & Beyond

WestTnDiver
08-31-2007, 12:58
Larry,

I want to thank you again for helping with my wetsuit problems. A replacement, a repair, and then a return for a different brand were signs of outstanding service. Having about 150 combined dives on the two suits and tired of shipping back and forth and waiting for repair/replacement, I thought getting a new suit from a different manufacturer was a more than fair resolution. Imagine my surprise when yesterday a package arrived unanticipated, with my old suit repaired and returned yet again. You could have just thrown it away and kept the shipping costs and I'd have felt I was well treated. Now I have an extra suit with a good 35-50 dives left on it and a new suit.
When I told the dive shop locally about my bad luck with the mfg of the suit I was told that 50 dives would be all you could expect out of any brand of suit. I'm sure glad I didn't purchase from them! At twice the price and no service I'd have been an unhappy camper. Thanks again for going above and beyond.

ScubaToys Larry
08-31-2007, 13:14
Thank you for the nice note! And welcome to the board!

Debraw
08-31-2007, 18:21
>SNIPWhen I told the dive shop locally about my bad luck with the mfg of the suit I was told that 50 dives would be all you could expect out of any brand of suit.<SNIP

Seriously, they told you that's all you can expect out of ANY BRAND suit, 50 dives? Holy crud......

MEL-DC Diver
08-31-2007, 19:30
When I started this diving thing I thought all I would ever be doing was a few vacation dives now and then, so I bought an el cheapo 7 mil to do my training in Melbourne in. Here it is years later, the suit still fits fine and I still use it whenever I am diving in muck. It has been way more than 50 dives and is showing no signs of going anywhere anytime soon.

Suther2136
08-31-2007, 21:54
They try hard.