PDA

View Full Version : Didn't get in the water

maverick
11-09-2009, 06:07
A certain dive club all met ar Tenkiller didn't get in one dive B 4 going back home last weekend. Probably was raining. LOL

cummings66
11-09-2009, 06:48
Unless there was thunder with the rain that shouldn't have stopped them, maybe they found a killer spot and just didn't want to let you in or maybe they were being nice and wanted to make you feel better about not diving?

maverick
11-09-2009, 07:05
No I wasn't there. But I was diving somewhere else.

GMDGeek
11-09-2009, 07:56
I had a friend ask me - "are we still diving if it rains?" which really just kind of made me chuckle. To which I quickly responded "Are you afraid of getting wet? Here's your sign..."

He got my point lol. I know rain doesn't play into it directly but if its raining and there is no sunlight and visibility is horrible might decide to call it. Course for me that just means I'm going to work on my nav skills. Only way I wont get in the water:

1. Lightning - hey I know the fins are rubber and all but it is a pool of water ;)

2. If there are sharks in a feeding frenzy. Of Course, I still want to dive with Great Whites at least once in my life ;)

3. I have a sinus infection or something like that.

Anyone else - what are the things that would keep you from diving?

inventor
11-09-2009, 09:05
Carpal Tunnel - Can do about two dives, then can't loosen yoke. Gradually arguing/ hoop jumping with insurance to get it fixed.:smiley20:

navyhmc
11-09-2009, 19:29
Carpal Tunnel - Can do about two dives, then can't loosen yoke. Gradually arguing/ hoop jumping with insurance to get it fixed.:smiley20:

Get yourself one of those jar opener things that look sort of like a nut cracker? You don't want to let capral tunnel get in the way of diving! :smiley20:

rsmith4656
11-15-2009, 09:41
I'll bet that when they got to the lake they found that visiblilty was so bad that they decided to call the dive rather than be unsafe in the water. Brail diving is no fun. I know who you are talking about and that is what they found. Lake Tenkiller has gotten so bad in the last two or three years that even I won't go there anymore.

fire diver
11-15-2009, 09:52
Yeah, I have no idea what's going on with that lake. It should have had some great vis this year, but it just never cleared up.

inventor
11-15-2009, 09:57

Get yourself one of those jar opener things that look sort of like a nut cracker? You don't want to let capral tunnel get in the way of diving! :smiley20:

Thanks, navy. By the way, the union folks are going to help me speed up the process and get the two bandaid fix, not the hack your arms apart fix. Alittle row harder coming back my way.

Vegas
11-15-2009, 10:50
:smiley32:
. . . . Brail diving is no fun. . . ..

it's not "BAD" ... just "DIFFERENT" ~ LOL!

....at least that's what we used to say every weekend of the late summer shore diving out here in Lake Mead . . . . until the quagga mussles moved in a few years ago and started clearing up the water (good for viz, bad for boats, intakes, swim beaches, and any diver that tries to grab anything underwater without wearing gloves - ouch!)

The Eco-dive at our own Callville Bay Marina yesterday was truly "diving by braille" ....
haven't "seen" vis that bad in quite a while
(sort of like diving in slightly watered down split pea soup with a dash of chocolate milk added - bleh!):smiley11:

vis varied from 2' to 2" depending on where you were (and who had been there before you :smiley2: ) --- it was fun in it's own way.... though it was tough being there knowing that vis is currently over 50' in some other parts of the lake right now!

Oh well, as mentioned above, it was a good opportunity to test those Nav skills....and, frankly, I impressed myself.
:smiley20:

...plus, I have to say, as crummy as conditions were, it was better than sitting at home reading a dive magazine! ~lol

maverick
11-15-2009, 12:41
Yeah Stockton Lake MO. gets like that. Vis 2'to2" or zero.

navyhmc
11-15-2009, 17:09
:smiley32:
. . . . Brail diving is no fun. . . ..

it's not "BAD" ... just "DIFFERENT" ~ LOL!

It can be a good thing, depending on how cute your buddy is :smiley20:

maverick
11-15-2009, 19:36
Hey Navy, cool hat!!!

Okc_diver
11-15-2009, 20:56
Yea, for some reason Tenkiller has been bad this year. I dive there back in Aug and the vis was around 5 ft before the thermocline and after that it cleared up to around 20 feet. Was planning on diving there a few weeks ago and my dive shop said we should go to Elmer Thomas instead.