PDA

View Full Version : Dec 7

scubastud
11-10-2009, 04:47
That is the day we start our new lives.

Last month I went to Guam for two weeks as a consultant. Only got one dive in (the co. got thier money's worth) but fell in love with the people and the area. The firm offered me a full time position and I finally said yes.
Wife and I decided years ago that we were to end up somewhere warm and tropical where we could dive and sail anytime we pleased, just happening a little earlier than planned.

Thanks all for your input,we decided wife an kid will stay stateside till the boy finishes High school.

We are not kidding ourselves how tough the seperation will be, but like I said, millitary families do it, and many times newlyweds with maybe wee ones at home. Plus I don't plan on being shot at as much as a millitary guy.

Things happen for a reason, the business slowdown, being forced to close our doors (by the way why do people automaticaly think "bankrupcy" everytime I mention we are closing our company?) meeting up with these splendid people in Guam, a lot of other things personal and private I shall not go into here. It all points to this decision.

Hardest for me right now is visiting my clients and saying goodbye, believe it or not, I have grown quite close to many of them, and dam... one of them started crying. I feel like I am deserting them, the worse part is, I am having a tough time referring another service co. to them.

Exciting, scary, and everything in between. This is of course not goodbye to you all, I plan on honing photography skills so look forward to some shots of Palau, the Phillipines, and of course wreck diving from my new home. (Guam and Siapan).

The Stud ...(oh here is a picture of me NOT diving The Grotto in Siapan, was there just for a day of work and no time... This will be rectified soon.)

navyhmc
11-10-2009, 06:27
Good luck Scubastud!!

Hope it goes well for you and the family.

Lulubelle
11-10-2009, 06:38
Good luck stud, sorry NC won't be getting you, but it sounds to me like you found the perfect thing. :smiley20:

DevilDiver
11-10-2009, 07:11
Wow

Conratulations and best wishes! Keep us posted.....

TJDiver
11-10-2009, 08:28
I know that couldn't have been an easy decision. Good luck with everything.

Desert_Diver
11-10-2009, 18:43
Good luck. Hope everything works out the way you want it to.

Art

chinacat46
11-10-2009, 18:52
Awesome, have a happy pearl harbour day I think I'll eat sushi and get bombed on kamikazes. Hope it works out for you.