PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Pont Bottle Attachment

Chilkie
11-15-2009, 19:20
Has anyone used the Zeagle pony bottle attachment which apparently hooks to the BC (not the zippered one for the Ranger LTD, but the "regular" one)? I was wondering how it works as I have a Ranger and the one drawback I find is that due to having 2 straps to hold the air tank in place it is extremely difficult to get my pony bottle positioned where I can easily attach it using it's own strap. The bottle gets in the way of at least one strap unless it is perfectly positioned.
If anyone can advise, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Here's the scubatoys lonk:

Zeagle Pony Bottle Attachment reviews and discounts, Zeagle (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeaglePonyBottleAttachment)

navyhmc
11-15-2009, 19:37
I started with a set of those. they do work well. I went to the sling pony but that's me.

I was a little apprehensive at first as the straps attatch to the tank straps with velcro on the loops, but when it's all together, the velcro closure is just a back up: The loop against the tank keeps the pony strap nice and secure. The cam-band action on the pony strap means you don't have to muscle it too much to get the pony bottle to stay secure and in place. Also, once it's set up, it's easy to take the pony bottle off and on.

A good product IMHO

(When do I get my endorsement check Scott? :smiley36: )

No Misses
11-15-2009, 19:50
I have used the Zeagle pony straps. Even though my BC has 2 straps, I only use one for the pony (top strap). I mpount it upside down, on the left side (same as photo on you link). have not had any trouble lining it up.

Chilkie
11-15-2009, 20:05
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be picking one up. I'm all for ease of set up, especially when it comes to changing tanks over between dives!!!

Grin
11-16-2009, 06:52
I use those. I don't understand the question? I have had no issues. I have a double tank strap BP Wing settup, and use both Zeagle pony straps. I don't have to remove the pony to change tanks. It works great and is easy.

fisheater
11-16-2009, 09:16
Mine has worked fine, too. Both with my Brigade and BP/W.

navyhmc
11-16-2009, 09:31
I use those. I don't understand the question? I have had no issues. I have a double tank strap BP Wing settup, and use both Zeagle pony straps. I don't have to remove the pony to change tanks. It works great and is easy.

Hi Grin!

I think Chilkie was just looking for input on the straps. I think we won him over too. None of us had any issues with them. :smiley20:

Chilkie
11-18-2009, 13:35

Hi Grin!

I think Chilkie was just looking for input on the straps. I think we won him over too. None of us had any issues with them. :smiley20:

You won me over (had me at "hello")...I ordered earlier today. Looking forward to far easier mounting of my pony bottle from now on. :smiley32:

Chilkie
11-27-2009, 21:04
I received my set. Just wanted to report that they are exactly what I needed. The pony bottle is easily attached to my Ranger now.
Thanks again for all of the input. It really helped.

navyhmc
11-27-2009, 21:23
Great!! Now we want pictures!

demanding lot, aern't we?

Chilkie
11-27-2009, 22:38
Great!! Now we want pictures!

demanding lot, aern't we?

I'll definitely honor that request within the next few days. I'd hate to disappoint.

As for you folks being demanding......I'm a married guy so that word no longer has the same meaning it used to. Women folk are hard to keep happy on a continual basis!!!

:smiley19::whip: