PDA

View Full Version : The Supernatural

scuba Widow
08-31-2007, 20:55
How many of us believe in the supernatural? Now, I know that a lot of people call haunted houses and ghost are a lot of bunk. I personally believe in ghost, so with Halloween around the corner let's have some fun...tell the members if you believe or not and tell us your best supernatural story:

I will start:

We live with a family of ghost that apparently has young kids because they write on the walls of the house in crayon...I know you are thinking that is has to be our children, it isn't our daughter she is 20 years old and lives in Florida and we are in Tennessee. These marks were not on the walls when we moved in and only appeared when we went to Florida and returned. Believe it or not? I do have more proof but I will wait to see how this thread goes.

Hemlon
08-31-2007, 20:59
I don't believe in any of it...the supernatural, heaven, etc.

But I think it makes for really groovy stories!

DivingsInMyBlood
08-31-2007, 21:01
I know somethings out there not sure what but i have had experinces with alot of stranges happenings, 1 a house i used to live in right next to a graveyard and 1 which was a 300 year old pub where along time ago a few guys died in a fire there.

Suther2136
08-31-2007, 21:20
I don't believe in any ghosts or apparition BS at all. You have some friends that are having fun with you. Who watched the house while you were gone... The world loves a mystery, Yeti, Bigfoot, Nessy, Area 51 the list goes on, great for tourism but just a bunch of crap. Don't get me wrong, I think ET is out there, just not here. And the single, million year old monsters? The science guys would say you need hundreds just to stay viable...please. Sorry total crap.

scuba Widow
08-31-2007, 21:24
I don't believe in any ghosts or apparition BS at all. You have some friends that are having fun with you. Who watched the house while you were gone... The world loves a mystery, Yeti, Bigfoot, Nessy, Area 51 the list goes on, great for tourism but just a bunch of crap. Don't get me wrong, I think ET is out there, just not here. And the single, million year old monsters? The science guys would say you need hundreds just to stay viable...please. Sorry total crap.

Sorry, no friends in the area and no housesitter either, but like I said this thread is total for fun.

Osprey
08-31-2007, 22:14
I think there is unexplainable activity in the world, but I can't say what's the cause of it!

Widow- set up cameras to catch the MadArtist in action!

scuba Widow
08-31-2007, 22:17
I think there is unexplainable activity in the world, but I can't say what's the cause of it!

Widow- set up cameras to catch the MadArtist in action!

It is funny that you suggest that we actually have a picture a picture of a ghost that was taken with a web camera...it looks like a dinosaur.

Suther2136
08-31-2007, 22:20
Come on... really

scuba Widow
08-31-2007, 22:23
yep...I don't have it on my computer but my husband does, if I can get him to post it I will be glad to share.

scuba Widow
08-31-2007, 22:30
Here is the pic:

Suther2136
08-31-2007, 22:30
Maybe it is a dinosaur... don't move (it's behind you right now) they sense motion at least they did on JP.

Suther2136
08-31-2007, 22:31
Which one the cute kid or the recipe for dinner?

Hemlon
08-31-2007, 22:33
edited to be nice

scuba Widow
08-31-2007, 22:34

Are you talking about the others stories?

Suther2136
08-31-2007, 22:52

Are you talking about the others stories?

Sorry you posted here is the pic and the only links were the cute kid and the recipe page.

Suther2136
08-31-2007, 22:53
OK I see it now, my PC must have lost it for a bit. Yup, must be a ghost.

Divegirl
08-31-2007, 23:07
I have never experienced any ghost or strange happenings, but it is a cool thread as I love to hear the stories.

I think I believe what people our telling me, but somedays, yea not so much

kevinj1
08-31-2007, 23:36
Some things n this world are unexplainable, and because of that--I believe in ghosts, aliens, etc...
No personal stories, but I do believe.

scubasamurai
09-01-2007, 08:43
half an half, had a friend who live next door to an old revolutary war cemetary. on a full moon, all kind of weird things happened, ghostly shapes etc. but as you get older things get explained. but than there are events you can't explain hard to say what i truley beileve, but it wuld be cool to chat with elvis

Texas Girl
09-01-2007, 11:04
I don't know that I believe, but I do think that it is possible. I definitely believe that there is life outside of our solar system.

DivingsInMyBlood
09-01-2007, 11:22
i got a few wedding pictures from my wedding with 2 orbs in them all over the place. the orbs were all on different cameras about 6 different cameras were used including digital and throw away. Kind of makes you wonder a bit. I know alot of people dont belive stuff like thats real but you got a better chance i think of seeing a ghost (or whatever they are) over an alien. So called experts say that ghosts or whatever they are are seen as orbs because their energy and hardely ever seen as a person.

quarrydiver
09-01-2007, 12:04
Interesting, I don't have any stories either but I keep an open mind. Who knows what's real and what isn't.

Suther2136
09-01-2007, 12:35
I'm often amazed that there are experts in areas that have no facts or proof...at that rate anyone can be an expert. The UK has many experts on the Loch Ness Monster and crop circles, doesn't make any of it real.

quarrydiver
09-01-2007, 12:42
Crop circles are real. We just don't know if they were created by drunk college students or furry green aliens with bottle opener tentacles.

quarrydiver
09-01-2007, 12:45
Not sure about Nessy but it does make me think twice about diving Loch Ness. It'd suck to have that thing reach up and grab your fins.

DivingsInMyBlood
09-01-2007, 13:29
http://www.strangemag.com/ogopogo.html a little off topic but check this out. were supposed to have a crazy sea monster in the lake here i dive in (okanagan lake), shes called the ogopogo lake monster (supposed to be pretty well known).

quarrydiver
09-01-2007, 17:44
Sounds pretty cool but I'm not sure I'd go looking for it.

cudachaser
09-01-2007, 19:10
I saw a ghost in Devil's Ear years ago

kevinj1
09-01-2007, 23:07
http://www.strangemag.com/ogopogo.html a little off topic but check this out. were supposed to have a crazy sea monster in the lake here i dive in (okanagan lake), shes called the ogopogo lake monster (supposed to be pretty well known).

I would love to see some pics of this---that is very cool.

Phestr
09-01-2007, 23:28
Nice pic! I'm willing to believe anything is possible unless it's been disproved. If that dinosaur head is just a trick of light, it's one heck of a trick. If it's a trick of software, hook me up! And if it's a ghost, seriously, have it come by my house. My kids would love it.

finflippers
09-01-2007, 23:31
Nice pic! I'm willing to believe anything is possible unless it's been disproven. If that dinosaur head is just a trick of light, it's one heck of a trick. If it's a trick of software, hook me up! And if it's a ghost, seriously, have it come by my house. My kids would love it.

Never saw it with my eyes and didn't even notice it in the picture at the time it was taken but a few months later I was going through my old files to clean up my hard drive and that is when I noticed it in the picture.

scuba Widow
09-01-2007, 23:35
Nice pic! I'm willing to believe anything is possible unless it's been disproven. If that dinosaur head is just a trick of light, it's one heck of a trick. If it's a trick of software, hook me up! And if it's a ghost, seriously, have it come by my house. My kids would love it.

Thanks! We have some very strange happenings in our house, we smell someone smoking in the house all the time and neither one of us smokes. We have cold drafts all the time.We feel people touching us at night. One of the dog's bowls has gone missing, can't find it anywhere. One day I was sitting on the couch and saw a indention of a big animal's foot in the floor and about that time the deer head that we have on the wall fell and almost hit me on the head....since that day it has never fell again.

DivingsInMyBlood
09-02-2007, 00:01

I would love to see some pics of this---that is very cool.

Im sure if you search the net a little you will get some stuff, i think even you tube has a couple of videos on it. theres also rumor of stergeon in the lake and if you see those things their like 15 - 20 foot and kind of look like dinosaurs. People/ experts reckon the lake has bottomless areas and might have an underwater cave network (dont think its being proven). Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit there.

yankeefan21
09-04-2007, 11:35
My roommate and I were in the kitchen having some breakfast before work and we heard kids laughing in our apt from what sounded like our living room. We looked to see if maybe the neighbors had visitors and didn't think much of it. A few minutes later, we hear the tv turn on and it's on Barney.

I don't know if it was ghosts or not, but it was very weird! I know that we have a guy here at work that believes in this stuff as a religion. I try to keep an open mind.

Also, this is a very important thing to remember if you are a closed minded skeptic, the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Charlotte Smith
09-04-2007, 12:07
I am on the fence on this one because of some encounters as a child but I am really not sure if I was dreaming or if it really happened... who really knows????

DevilDiver
09-04-2007, 12:16
Can't say i buy into this stuff butt i love hearing about it.

Scuba Widow i have been meaning to tell you i dig your avatar. That's great!

fire diver
09-04-2007, 12:38
I'll chime in here as a "believer". Only had one small thing happen personally, my wife has had many events. When I first started dating my wife, she told me that often times at night her bed would start shaking. She had a friend who stayed with her and happened then too. Happened at different locations. I kinda felt like maybe it was just something she didn't understand the source of.

After I moved in with her, she said it had stopped. Then about the time we got engaged it happened once when I was there. Pretty freaky! But it's never happened since.

Then there was the old Indian woman who "cursed" our dog. That's a wierd story too!

FD

finflippers
09-04-2007, 13:34
Then there was the old Indian woman who "cursed" our dog. That's a wierd story too!

FD

Oh please do tell :smilie40:

Osprey
09-04-2007, 14:13
If you guys are interested in Loch Ness and similar creatures, you may want to google up Cryptozoology for a whole menagerie of strange creatures

Remember- the Okapi of Africa was once thought to be just another Big Foot tale!

Harshal
09-04-2007, 15:05
I don’t know if this counts as the ghost story, but this is a real time experience with orbs.
I never believed in Orbs until this happened, I always thought in most people’s picture of orbs it was flash reflecting back from insect or specs of dust or something.
Couple months back my gf’s dad was getting married and I was supposed to be taking pictures for the wedding. So I go with them to their church, previous day of wedding to I start clicking around in the church I go home and download the pictures and I have Orbs all over the place in inside of the main church. No orbs outside and I had gone to their audio/video room and took pic there no orbs.
This was first time I had orbs on the picture and I never got them again and I never cleaned my lens or nothing, have not changed any of my setup.

No Misses
09-04-2007, 15:47
If you keep your mind sufficiently open...Someone will come along and fill it with BS.
:smilie40:

No Misses
09-04-2007, 15:57
So, here is the real story. I had an apartment in Chicago right next to the expressway (we call that a cheap appartment). Early in the morning I would wake up to tha sound of a mans voice in my bedroom. It would only last for a second. The first few times I figured it must be a dream. finally one morning I was laying there waiting for the voice. As soon as I heard it I jumped up and scanned the room for the source. You will never guess where it was coming from...For the techies out there I will throw in the fact that 1980's vintage Sony TV's have class C amplifiers in the audio circuits. every morning I had the same jack ass trucker driving down the expressway with a gigawatt amplifier on his CB. Whenever he passed my apartment the RF energy would energize the audio circuit in my tv and I would hear the audio coming out of the speaker. BTW the TV was turned off at the sime. So now you know the story of the trucker ghost.

Harshal
09-04-2007, 16:05
So, here is the real story. I had an apartment in Chicago right next to the expressway (we call that a cheap appartment). Early in the morning I would wake up to tha sound of a mans voice in my bedroom. It would only last for a second. The first few times I figured it must be a dream. finally one morning I was laying there waiting for the voice. As soon as I heard it I jumped up and scanned the room for the source. You will never guess where it was coming from...For the techies out there I will throw in the fact that 1980's vintage Sony TV's have class C amplifiers in the audio circuits. every morning I had the same jack ass trucker driving down the expressway with a gigawatt amplifier on his CB. Whenever he passed my apartment the RF energy would energize the audio circuit in my tv and I would hear the audio coming out of the speaker. BTW the TV was turned off at the sime. So now you know the story of the trucker ghost.

If your tv was turned off then how would it receive anything........

No Misses
09-04-2007, 16:19
I tried not to bore you with the techie stuff.
Class C amplifiers draw no current when not fed with a signal. In this TV set. the power supply is still on when the TV is off. If it were not, then you would not be able to turn it on with a remote. For the remote to work the infrared receiver needs to be on for it to sense when you have pushed the "on" button. Anyway, back to the audio cicuitry. The Class C amplifiers are sitting there with power applied but not enough Bias voltage to actually start conducting. When the RF energy hit them and/or the detector diode, there was enough voltage applied to turn on the class c amps and cause them to drive the speaker.

Harshal
09-04-2007, 16:22
I tried not to bore you with the techie stuff.
Class C amplifiers draw no current when not fed with a signal. In this TV set. the power supply is still on when the TV is off. If it were not, then you would not be able to turn it on with a remote. For the remote to work the infrared receiver needs to be on for it to sense when you have pushed the "on" button. Anyway, back to the audio cicuitry. The Class C amplifiers are sitting there with power applied but not enough Bias voltage to actually start conducting. When the RF energy hit them and/or the detector diode, there was enough voltage applied to turn on the class c amps and cause them to drive the speaker.

Interesting ........ were you able to hear the trucker talk or the gibirish.

fire diver
09-04-2007, 16:49

FD

Oh please do tell :smilie40:
Ok, this isn't scary or anything, just really wierd.

When I was growing up, my family would go camping every summer in the Colorado - New Mexico area. One year (I was about 16) we were heading south in the Shiprock area (far NW NewMex) when we pulled over to a roadside table for lunch. We were just getting ready to eat when we see an old Indian woman walking towards us. She was about 100 yards away, behind a barbed-wire fence. There were reservation homes another 50 yards behind her. So we turn back to eat, when suddenly she is about 15 feet away!! This is a 5 strand wire fence, no gates. She looks very old, and is dressed in very traditional cloths with lots of silver/turquoise jewelry. She smiles and starts talking to us as she ambles over to the table. (She spoke no english, only her Indian langauge) We thought she was going to try to sell us some of the jewelry. But all she did was smile and talk. Our dog was barking at her (which was a bit odd), and we couldn't really get her to stop. Then the old woman bends down and says something to our dog. No more barking. Then she says something else to us, turns and ambles away. We all look at each other like "what was that all about?" We turn back and she is back across the fence and almost to the houses (in a matter of less than a minute).

We finish eating and get back on the road. Now the dog starts getting wierd! It completely freaks out anytime we come close to a bridge or underpass. Doesn't even have to see it, or know its coming. Just starts acting like something is about to kill it. Any time we went under the surface of the ground, the dog went berserk. Did that until the day it died.

Indians I spoke with said it sounds like a "soul walker" but I couldn't get any to say much more.

FD

scuba Widow
09-04-2007, 19:46
Can't say i buy into this stuff butt i love hearing about it.

Scuba Widow i have been meaning to tell you i dig your avatar. That's great!

Thanks!!

quarrydiver
09-04-2007, 19:55
Cool story firediver, I'll need to ask some of my native amer. friends about it.

quarrydiver
09-04-2007, 20:01

Great story and great outcome but you shouldn't assume that because this was the cause of your event, it must be the cause of everyone else's. Open minds create learning and understanding of new concepts.

DivingsInMyBlood
09-04-2007, 20:01
I donít know if this counts as the ghost story, but this is a real time experience with orbs.
I never believed in Orbs until this happened, I always thought in most peopleís picture of orbs it was flash reflecting back from insect or specs of dust or something.
Couple months back my gfís dad was getting married and I was supposed to be taking pictures for the wedding. So I go with them to their church, previous day of wedding to I start clicking around in the church I go home and download the pictures and I have Orbs all over the place in inside of the main church. No orbs outside and I had gone to their audio/video room and took pic there no orbs.
This was first time I had orbs on the picture and I never got them again and I never cleaned my lens or nothing, have not changed any of my setup.

same thing on my wedding day, orbs in every other picture off 6 different cameras.

QuarryDiver2
09-04-2007, 20:05
I personally have not experienced ghosts but do not doubt others whom insist they have. I have met people who swear they have experienced and these are not your run of the mill types. They are educated. Not people I had just met sitting at the bar drinking either. What I have experienced with loved ones departed is contact in dreams and such. I know many will insist it was just a dream, but to me it was much more. And it was comforting. That is all that matters to me.

quarrydiver
09-04-2007, 20:05
If you keep your mind sufficiently open...Someone will come along and fill it with BS.

BTW, it took someone with an open mind to believe that sound and video could be transmitted through the air and viewed in a box.

scuba Widow
09-04-2007, 21:14
I personally have not experienced ghosts but do not doubt others whom insist they have. I have met people who swear they have experienced and these are not your run of the mill types. They are educated. Not people I had just met sitting at the bar drinking either. What I have experienced with loved ones departed is contact in dreams and such. I know many will insist it was just a dream, but to me it was much more. And it was comforting. That is all that matters to me.

My grandfather that has been dead for 20 years comes to visit every so often.

Phestr
09-04-2007, 21:39
I donít know if this counts as the ghost story, but this is a real time experience with orbs.

So what exactly is an Orb supposed to be? I'd look it up, but I'm at work. I can't even think of a time I saw anything that can be described as such, but I don't go into many churches (don't tell my grandmother!)

PS
Dive Widow, I second the cool avatar vote.

scuba Widow
09-04-2007, 22:55

So what exactly is an Orb supposed to be? I'd look it up, but I'm at work. I can't even think of a time I saw anything that can be described as such, but I don't go into many churches (don't tell my grandmother!)

PS

Thanks!!!

frankc420
09-04-2007, 23:19
This thread brings back bad memories for me. When I was a kid I had bad nightmares because of a ghost. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it because it scared me so bad.

Ghosts do exist, I have a single frame of my life etched into my mind because of one. I think ghosts can take any shape they want, to relate to who they want to get a message to. They can stimulate you not only visually but also mentally (dreams).

Tell me one time you've had a dream about something and woke up with that exact thing standing in front of you. I remember the day this happened to me, I froze solid in my bed screaming to the top of my lungs, screaming for it to go away and my mom or dad to help me. It just stood there staring at me. I jumped out of my bed and ran to my bedroom door, looked back with the living room light shining into my bedroom, it was still there, so I know I wasn't dreaming. After that night it never came back and I pray to God it never does.

I don't think my ghost was a threat, then again, it only came around when I was sleeping and was usually within 5 feet of me when it woke me up. Each time it was in a different form.

From the stories my mom told me, this ghost had been with me since I was old enough to smile, she just didn't realize what I was looking up and smiling at in the corner of my crib every morning.

Divegirl
09-04-2007, 23:54
OK, you have my interest, I am going to start researching this more, the stories really really interest me. I want to know more!!!

RikRaeder
09-05-2007, 03:57
My eeire (true) story of the supernatural...an alligorical insight into my opinion

Once upon a time there was a scientist. Not a scarey, mad scientist but rather an everyday laboratory researcher...let's call him a geologist. One night, the affable, well-balanced researcher was putting in some late hours and found himself alone in the lab. The institute's darkened, lonely corridors took on that haunted feeling that only vast, unpeopled spaces can aquire, and only at night.
The stalwart scentician was moving about amongst his equipment analyzing this and testing that, when out of the corner of his eye he glimpsed a hazy white humanoidal figure floating near his lab equipment. When he turned to look, it was gone, but he knew what he had seen; a vaguely human floating form much like what one might describe as the classic apparition. Throughout the night, as he was working on a particular sample in a particular section of the lab he would from time to time see this mysterious form: floating, swaying.
Could it be? Was it possible? Could science possibly NOT explain this apparition that appeared to him throughout the night?! Could his scientifically trained mind possibly have to account for the existence of ghosts and unknown paranormal occurences?
Negative. The intrepid man of science returned to his "haunted" lab the next day and tore the thing apart, removing every piece of equipment, testing, probing and experimenting with the various and sundry pieces of lab equipment, chemicals, etc.
In the end, he was able to reproduce the "apparition" at will, scientifically. He found that his position at the particular work station where he saw the apparition was between two pieces of high powered, electronic lab equipment. When both were on, and he stood in just such a position betwixt the two, the electromagnetic fields effected the nerves in his eye in such a way as to create a blurry white "figure" at the edge of his sight which his mind extrapolated into the concept of ghost.
Science? Supernatural? Is there a line? Is one not the other? Have you had enough of my cheesey Socratic questions?

Anyway, that's my scarey story of the supernatural. Happy Halloween and...

BOO!

Suther2136
09-05-2007, 06:37

BTW, it took someone with an open mind to believe that sound and video could be transmitted through the air and viewed in a box.

An open logical mind. So far on this subject, the logic eludes me.

yankeefan21
09-05-2007, 10:18
What a GREAT way to mess with somebody on Halloween! :smilie39:

Harshal
09-05-2007, 14:34

PS

Sorry could not get back to you sooner; orbs are normally they look like small globe of light in pictures.
Some places you might capture one some times multiple. If you donít think about them much then they feel like an insect or spec of dust and your camera flash reflecting on them can getting caught on film/memory.

If someone would had shown me those pics I might had been skeptical, but I took the pictures and I know I had not cleaned my lens or anything in between pictures.

Now why in church I donít know, actually that was the first time I had ever been into the church.