PDA

View Full Version : Personal Fit System...

ScottZeagle
11-19-2009, 10:34
Hey Scott, I read somewhere that some of the Zeagle BC's can "grow" with your kid by swapping out components. My son is almost 14, and outgrows clothing on a frequent basis right now. We have been renting the smallest Scubapro LadyHawk for him from our LDS, as even the smallest Knighthawk is just a little bit too big for him. At 5' 10", he's an inch taller than me, but he's just so skinny right now he doesn't come close to filling up a large Knighthawk like I wear. I would really like to get him his own BC, but just can't be replacing them every few months. What does Zeagle have that might solve our problem, and what are the components/expense involved as he fills out? Thanks.

From our website:

People come in more than five sizes- the Personal Fit System is a system of interchangeable components that allows your Zeagle dealer to custom fit a buoyancy system to your body and your style of diving. In addition to fitting waist size, chest size, and torso length independently, we can adjust the style of various components and the amount of lift in the buoyancy system to match the type of diving you do.
__________________________________________________ _______________

In a nutshell, our modular design allows you to swap out, or extend, the main components of the BC as needed.

Take a look at our sizing chart at Zeagle Systems, BCs, Regulators, and Scuba Accessories (http://www.zeagle.com) and you will get an idea of the amount of growth you will have with a vest section, for example. It is a pretty good size range. The shoulder section is easily removed and replaced with a larger size as your child grows taller. The waist panels extend on both sides to allow for waist increases.

If you find that your child is on the small end of a size, consider adding a full lumbar pad to take up some of the space in the begining, and this can be removed easily once he/she grows a bit.

If you have other questions, I will help as needed.

Keep in mind that a few of our BCs do NOT have the "Personal Fit System". These are our lower end models like the Scout and Escape.

Thanks,

Scott

WaScubaDude
11-19-2009, 10:55
Great Info Scott,
Will be a few years before my girl can dive, she's only 7.

Does Zeagle make a weight harness with the Zeagle quick release pull cord? I have a bad back and would love to seperate the weight from the rig. I also think the Zeagle, single pull dump is the smartest design on the market.

TJDiver
11-19-2009, 11:07
Thanks Scott. Looks like the nearest dealer is about 75 miles away, but there is a dealer right next to where we will be staying on our trip to Crystal River in Feb. I'm going to check to see if they have Zeagle rentals we can try on that trip. Thanks again.

ScottZeagle
11-19-2009, 11:53
Great Info Scott,

Does Zeagle make a weight harness with the Zeagle quick release pull cord? I have a bad back and would love to seperate the weight from the rig. I also think the Zeagle, single pull dump is the smartest design on the market.

We make a seperate weight system that attaches to a BP, but we don't make just a harness.

Scott

navyhmc
11-19-2009, 13:24
Great Info Scott,

We make a seperate weight system that attaches to a BP, but we don't make just a harness.

Scott

Maybe a new product line????? I do like the harness system. Might be worth some research. :smiley20:

bigman241
01-04-2010, 19:06
TO add to everyone else. Scott told me he could or would make me one to fit my size. He said they have made them to 7x and one for a manatee once. So a ranger ltd it is

Vercingetorix
01-04-2010, 19:17
A few years ago, a forum member special ordered a Zeagle BCD (Brigade or Ranger). Scott provided photos of the BCD as it went through the manufacturing process, and the member posted them. Pretty cool.

Bigman241, if you want special colors for your custome Ranger, let Scott know. Hot pink? Fushia? Lime green? Just ask; PM Scott.

PACKRMAN
01-04-2010, 19:20
A few years ago, a forum member special ordered a Zeagle BCD (Brigade or Ranger). Scott provided photos of the BCD as it went through the manufacturing process, and the member posted them. Pretty cool.

Bigman241, if you want special colors for your custome Ranger, let Scott know. Hot pink? Fushia? Lime green? Just ask; PM Scott.

I think we should start a poll..."What color for the Bigman":smiley36:

ScottZeagle
01-05-2010, 13:29
The new tie-dye stuff would look pretty cool....

:D