PDA

View Full Version : Crime Shows On TV

scuba Widow
08-31-2007, 23:30
As I sit here tonight watching CSI:Miami, I wonder just how bad these type show have hurt law enforcement? I know that it is only a show but it has been said that art imitates life. It seems that there are alot of things on these type show that would give your common criminal an upper hand. The popularity of these type shows have grown so much in the past few years that it must have had some impact. What do you guys think?

Suther2136
09-01-2007, 08:20
I think you give criminals too much credit for brains. The smart ones never commit their own crimes, they let flunkies go down. Like the guys who get busted for kilo's of drugs, cuz they were speeding...no real bright.

Hemlon
09-01-2007, 08:40
I don't know about the criminal shows and how they have impacted real life.

But I do know about medical dramas. One of my absolute favorite shows is Grey's Anatomy. The drama is fantastic but the depiction of medical info is horrendous. They routinely put medical equipment on incorrectly and bark out medication orders that are ficticious. Almost every surgery results in a crisis.

The way that "Grey's Anatomy" impacts my daily life is that people come in for their surgeries and if the surgery lasts an extra 2 minutes, the family is just SURE that something must be wrong.

I think some of that comes from just being concerned about one's family member but some of it comes from watching too much unrealistic tv and expecting reality to be the same!

scubasamurai
09-01-2007, 08:41
well i don;t think they use the crime shows as much as the kids use video games to come up with some of these ideas to hurt and mane people. scarey