PDA

View Full Version : How to fix a wetsuit??

ScubaGir1
09-01-2007, 03:42
My sister had a completely psychotic roommate who bashed in her car windshield, took scissors to my sister's coats, pee'd in an apple juice contain to try and get my sister to drink it, AND cut some holes in her wetsuit :( (Right in the crotch area). She did other things too, but I don't want to write a novel lol.

So... what are some remedies to fix it, if it can be fixed? Luckily they are mostly straight and not jagged. I can't believe that woman did that to my sister. My sister moved out of that situation months ago, but just decided she want to go scuba diving, and well....she found one last surprise from that crazy *****.

Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Cheddarchick
09-01-2007, 06:03
Maybe stitching it using loose over cast stitch, then rubber cement or the seam seal that you use on tents to seal it. Depends on how cold the water is and how damaged the suit is. I figure it's useless as it is so no foul, no harm....

quarrydiver
09-01-2007, 14:25
Get a wetsuit cement and it should be fixable.

JahJahwarrior
09-01-2007, 14:26
Take the roomate to small claims court and get a new wetsuit. :)

finflippers
09-01-2007, 14:30
WOW I do not have any suggestions on the wetsuit but I sure hope your sister has her gear checked out good as to make sure she didn't mess with any of the other gear.

ScubaToys Larry
09-01-2007, 14:31
I've put cuts back together with Aqua Seal and had it hold for years.

A tube by itself is about 7 bucks... but you get it in one of those gear kits we have for pretty cheap if you need a bunch of other solutions as well.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Gearcare

quarrydiver
09-01-2007, 14:32
sorry your sister had such a psycho to deal with.

quarrydiver
09-01-2007, 14:33
a little off topic but since you're in here Larry, did that new dacor nitrox computer come in yet?

ScubaToys Larry
09-01-2007, 14:41
a little off topic but since you're in here Larry, did that new dacor nitrox computer come in yet?

Actually not off topic at all. Turns out that some psycho ran into Dacor and slashed all the orders, and peed in their computers. :smiley36:

The new ones will be next week according to them.

ScubaGir1
09-01-2007, 15:09
Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll tell my sister her options.
I really wish she would have taken that girl to court, but she just wanted to get away from her as fast as she could, and then never looked back.

And this is why I'm so weary on having roommates....I hear stories all the time that don't end pretty.... :smiley29:

mobeeno
04-13-2008, 21:30
cut a piece of neoprene about the size of the cut part of wetsuit. Put neoprene cement on both sides, let them sit for about 10-15 minutes. Ad another layor, let it sit again repeat and then stick them together.

Ohio_diver16
04-14-2008, 22:14
Your sisters roomie sounds like one of my exes... My deepest condolences. As for the wetsuit, I'd go the sew it up and apply some neoprene cement (the name eludes me and I'm too lazy to scroll since my laptop is acting like your sisters roomie)

johnyringo
04-14-2008, 22:39
My sister had a completely psychotic roommate who bashed in her car windshield, took scissors to my sister's coats, pee'd in an apple juice contain to try and get my sister to drink it, AND cut some holes in her wetsuit :( (Right in the crotch area). She did other things too, but I don't want to write a novel lol.

So... what are some remedies to fix it, if it can be fixed? Luckily they are mostly straight and not jagged. I can't believe that woman did that to my sister. My sister moved out of that situation months ago, but just decided she want to go scuba diving, and well....she found one last surprise from that crazy *****.

Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Holy crap! Didn't I see that in a movie once? :crazya:

Sounder
04-15-2008, 11:22
A great remedy can be found in small claims court. Get your local LDS to quote a replacement price for the wetsuit, do the same for the other damage, and then sue them. Additionally, if she can prove the pee in the apple juice, a case can be made for assault.

...and then you get out the aquaseal and extra neoprene and fix it.

MSilvia
04-15-2008, 12:14
Aquaseal should do the trick, and if you add some stitching it should be pretty secure if not pretty. As an aside, aquaseal tends to set up in the tube after you open it, so I recommend storing it in the freezer to keep it usable.