PDA

View Full Version : really neat to be able to download from computer!

scubagirlj
11-22-2009, 09:17
splurged before last trip for an Oceanic VT-3 AI computer-came with the computer interface which i didn't think i'd need/want-WRONG!!!-way cool to be able to see actual dive profile and calculates SAC automatically:smiley20:-much to learn from analyzing the info! am usually VERY conservative about ending tank pressure but can now see that i can extend my dive time somewhat without running into trouble as i have been ending my dives with alot to spare-also interesting to see difference between SAC from boat dives vs shore dives-urge those of you on the fence about getting an AI DC to check out this computer with ST as the price is VERY good now, with transmitter & interface disc & cable

crgjpg
11-22-2009, 12:41
I have the same computer and also analyze my profile after dives. I have seen how my diving has improved with experience. I like the buddy air check feature. My wife has the same computer so it is not hard to compare our pressures without looking at her computer.

navyhmc
11-23-2009, 13:12
I don't get automatic psi/bar down load with my Geo, but the rest of the features are great. I did find out that when you enter your in and out pressures and tank size, the Oceanic Oceanlog will give you a SAC.

While it's a little pricey, I am glad I have the download cable.

scubagirlj
11-23-2009, 19:35
that's what nice about the VT-3-just enter tank size & it does the math for you

Mtrewyn
11-23-2009, 19:40
I felt just like this then I started to download mine. It is really cool to see your "profile" and all the other info that you don't see when you just "use" your computer.